Matt Preston Maybe About To Judge Jenny Craig’s Food

matt_preston_wideweb__470x312.jpg

As a lot of readers this year have commented that Matt Preston has been filling out his brightly coloured pants and jackets a bit too much, well apparently even the Masterchef Australia judge wants to do something about it.

The Sunday Telegraph states that Jenny Craig and Matt Preston are currently in negotiations for him to go on their program and of course promote it.

The spanner in the works is Network Ten, as they don’t think the Jenny Craig product is fits in well with their Masterchef product.

Not surprising considering the lashing of oil and butter George Calombaris and Gary Mehigan throw around with gay abandon. But seriously if Matt P needs to lose weight a recognised company may help him do it. I would have preferred to see him with Weight Watchers, as it teaches you about portion control, and you eating what you want in moderation.

And if the story is true in the article where he ate ten serves of bone marrow risotto restraint might be what he needs.

However with Matt Preston’s lifestyle it might be a bit difficult to organise that.

1 lydal { 06.13.10 at 11:23 am }

There’s a recent article in ninemsn that says he’s banned from losing weight with jenny craig. Apparently the company don’t have the same philosophy (?!!) as the Masterchef one. Ch10 has suggested him to lose weight with the trainer of Biggest Loser (Michelle). He’s in conversations with Ch10 to review/study his contract.
Sad to see that “politics” are more important than the health of one of the hosts (or any other person).

2 CG { 06.13.10 at 11:42 am }

Isn’t this the perfect set up for yet another MC spinoff: a healthy cooking / weightloss series… along with a magazine, a book, and pre-packaged foods, no doubt!

RR: thought for a future poll: will the MC franchise become and remain successful for 3-5+ years… or will it implode due to greed? I note that Masterchef mugs and cookware are already in the bargain bin at at least one major retailer this week!!

3 Wurstsemmel { 06.13.10 at 1:28 pm }

Good idea for a poll CG. I’d vote for the implosion!

4 Reality Raver { 06.13.10 at 4:48 pm }

CG – where are the masterchef mugs on special I need to get something for the people who have picked the winner of Masterchef Australia, and if Marion wins I am bankrupt….

I reckon it has another two years, then it will slowly fade out as they run out of challenges to pinch from top chef. I note this Wednesday’s one is a twist from one of Top Chef.

The question is when will a TV station do a Australian version of Top Chef.

5 sourkraut { 06.13.10 at 5:59 pm }

Maybe with Julie coming back tonight there will be some “weighty chemistry” going on between them (molecular wotzitz). All the more reason to bring back Irmgard.
CG
never underestimate the power that greed and spin has over the simple minded. And as that other arsehole used to say “when you’re on a good thing, flog the living shit out of it.

6 Airwalk { 06.14.10 at 6:44 am }

RR Top Chef starts soon…yay…did you catch up with the latest TC Masters? Whats the MC tC challenge?

7 seepi { 06.14.10 at 12:55 pm }

I think dong Jenny Craig would be a massive mistake. Who could ever take Matt Preston’s uber-serious comments about flavours and textures seriously, after knowing he had been living of the tinned grey food Jenny Craig dishes up.

It also makes the idea of eating gourmet (masterchef style) cooking seem bad, as it leads to mega-weight-gain.

If I were channel Ten I’d be talking him out of it too.

8 foodfairy { 06.14.10 at 2:25 pm }

I wouldn’t be volunteering for Jenny Craig myself but Raver I think you’ve got it a bit wrong. As far as I can see JennyCraig is all about portion control and moderation. Just as well if you have to eat their food I guess

9 Quick Weight Loss – a Diet Plan That Works! | Weight Loss Diet | 8000c { 06.20.10 at 11:56 pm }

[…] Matt Preston Maybe About To Judge Jenny Craig’s Food | reality ravings […]