Chris Badenoch Claims Masterchef Season 2 Is More Rigged Than Last Year

Masterchef Australia’s bad boy Chris Badenoch yesterday on his Facebook page claimed that Masterchef Season 2 is more rigged then season 1. Unfortunately in his exchange with Season 2 icon Irmgard Kastner he did not elaborate on what he meant by these comments.

The Facebook exchange sent by a “friend” of Chris’s went like this:

Irmgard Kastner: What did you think of Masterchef 2 ?

Chris Badenoch: Hi Irmgard, I wish you had made top 24! It’s ok but I really hate the sponsorship and I think it’s even more rigged than last year.

Irmgard Kastner: Thanks, I just can’t believe some of the challenges for Amateurs, I know Clair, Marion and Jonathen had some serious experiences, but the rest, it seemed better last year. Good luck for your Book, am looking forward to getting a copy.

So is Masterchef really rigged or is Chris bitter and twisted that he did not win last year? I find it interesting that he is bagging out the sponsorship, as the more of it the better production values, which is what makes this show so good to watch.

Should he be biting the hand that feeds him?

Chris will be releasing a cookbook in October called The Entire Beast. You don’t need to be a member of mensa to work out what that is about. And it should sell well because of the profile he made whilst he was on the show.

One thing I do agree with him about is Irmgard should have made the top 24.

1 Kaylen { 07.22.10 at 12:54 am }

Irmgard was the best thing ever. :(

re: Chris. It’s probably a bit of both, but I’d think since it’s been a year he’d have gotten over it by now, if there was any bitterness.

As to the hand that feeds him? I think it also bitch slapped him a bit, too, so. 😉

2 Eliza { 07.22.10 at 7:37 am }

This guy has no substance. He complains about the media making up stories (referring to last year w his many girlfriends) and not having integrity but has anyone else noticed he happily takes money from the very same magazine that featured his ex-girlfriend last year and paid her too? Which just proves, in hard copy, that he is the one with no integrity.

3 brain dead dave { 07.22.10 at 10:40 am }

He not only eats tripe,he talks it.

4 Sooty { 07.22.10 at 11:08 am }

If it was rigged, Justine would’nt have been given the flick last year and if it was rigged, Marion and Jon would still be there.

He went out on his own stubborn arrogance – or on being true to his concepts. He presented from memory three plates of entirely brown food. Donna Hay said, couldn’t there have been just a sprig of something green on one of them? Well, yeah.

His book concept – snout to tail – was true to his ideas, too – but how many offal loving cookbook buying people are there?

One freaking bit of colour – green, red! – and a tiny touch less arrogance, and I think he’d have made it to the final three. I call that bad judgement on his part.

And if it was ‘rigged’ in the sense that the producers did become aware of some of the less savoury activities he was alleged to have been up to while in the house etc – again that was bad judgement on his part. Some people really do have trouble accepting their part in things.

Ya cooked brown food, mate! All brown food. Deal with it.

5 Dean { 07.22.10 at 11:59 am }

At this stage of the competition, who isn’t bitter?

6 Culinary Boner { 07.22.10 at 12:04 pm }

“The Entire Beast”??!
Is this going to be the title of Chris’s upcoming spread for Cleo?
Will he wear his hat? Where?

7 Chunks { 07.22.10 at 1:13 pm }

Can’t stand him, don’t want to buy his book on 20 ways to cook bull’s testicles with beer.

8 sourkraut { 07.22.10 at 2:34 pm }

When are all the so called jilted lovers going to start whinging about him again?
I dont think it is any more rigged than last year, in fact I think Chris is being quite noble about it, as he was the one it was rigged against last year.
Either way he can out cook these last three clowns with a squires ale in each hand.
chunks you can have the bulls by the balls, I’ll have the beer.

sooty
whinging about green. have you forgotten geos chlorophyll mania. and what about old glad bag dresses horror at anything brown ha deal with it yourself.
Boner
your nom de plume should give you a clue to that!

9 Wurstsemmel { 07.22.10 at 3:32 pm }

I loved Irmgard but top 24? Probably not as she chose the wrong meat. I’d like to have seen her come back as a wildcard entry though

10 seepi { 07.22.10 at 3:51 pm }

Chris B’s book would be a good Xmas gift for all those men who normally get socks and ties cos noone can think of anything else to get them. Sort of like those ‘humourous’ cricket books.

11 Sooty { 07.22.10 at 4:27 pm }

‘deal with it yourself’
Charming, Sour.

12 Anonymous { 07.22.10 at 4:51 pm }

I think given the oppurtunity Irmgard would have outcooked the microwave queen and many others including Jimmy (I think his offering last night showed he isn’t a great cook-soapy prawns andsloopy brulee-if MP had been dished that up at restaurant he was reviewing I would love to read what he would write). And Irmgard would have been quite entertaining too.

13 Rarelyfished { 07.22.10 at 5:47 pm }

Re ‘production values’ cannot agree with you RR; What about the fact that we have less of the finished dish shots unlike last year? What about the horrible greens cake ads that appear like subtitles all over the free to air version of the show? If by ‘production values’ you mean a trip to Paris & London, then that was probably a deal with Qantas, and ok that was values for $$ but the production is worse than last season, with the audience really being treated like alzhiemers patients and denied the chance to view the dishes all contestants put up, so that the audience may draw it’s own conclusions about the quality of dishes and quality of cooks.

If you are talking about ingredients like the lobsters or kingfish or truffle whiffs then I still think that these products have tainted the production values as obviously they cook what big sponsors tell them to each week.

14 starfruit { 07.24.10 at 11:51 pm }

This guy is all about New Idea and Alpha, where’s the credibility there? Book or no book, he’s chosen to put himself in magazines that don’t back up any kind of professionalism. He is so far past a loser I feel sorry for Penguin for choosing to publish him before they knew what trouble he would be. He is nothing but scum, nothing but the piece of dirt on the bottom of a worn-out shoe

15 Culinary Boner { 07.26.10 at 1:00 pm }

Gee Starfruit, I gather you won’t be buying his book.
I, on the other hand, will. To really interest me cookbooks need a bit of personality, infamy and quirkiness. It’s also great if they give it to vegetarians and other food haters. The scummier the writer, the better.

16 starfruit { 07.30.10 at 9:54 pm }

hey culinary boner, I guess you’ll be buying Chopper’s cook book when it comes out, he’s got a lot more to offer than Badenoch, I’m serious! now, that would be a cook book