This Is Why Cassi Van Den Dungen Should Not Have Won ANTM

Cassi, Sarah Murdoch, and THE FIANCEE...

Cassi, Sarah Murdoch, and THE FIANCEE...

In today’s Daily Telegraph there is an article that shows why Cassi Van Den Dungen should not have won the the title of Australia’s Next Top Model.

Apparently Elite Models New York are keen to sign Cassi and get her across for New York Fashion Week. However she feels it is more important for 25 year old fiancee Brad Saul’s bricklayer business gets going.

Here is what Cassi said about her priorities:

Elite are obsessed with Cassi,” said model agent Priscilla Leighton-Clark, who was also one of the judges. “If she makes the decision to do this – this could change her life,” Leighton-Clark said adding the agency was eager to see her in New York for the Fashion Week in September.

The 17-year-old stunned the industry this week when she said her priority was her 25-year-old brickie fiancee Brad Saul.

“Brad has just started up his career down here and I want to wait until we are both ready if we are going to go overseas,” she said. “I want to have a bit of money backed up behind us so we can get a house or something but setting up the bricklaying business is our priority.”

If Brad has any regard for Cassi he would tell her to go, and if the relationship survives then they can go for it. Clearly he is immature as he is going out with a 16 year old, and a pretty emotionally immature one at that.

I hope Cassi’s mother steps in and gets her to go to at least investigate her opportunities, or at the bare minimum refuses to give the permission to marry, which is required by law if she marries before she is 18.

Brad proposed to try and keep her, or use her a meal ticket. Harsh I know and flame me if you think I am wrong.

I just hope we will not see a story in Woman’s Day in four years time of Cassi with two kids talking about lost opportunities.

Just found her interview on http://tvweek.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=835521 when asked what her next step is she says this:

The next step is working in Melbourne and maybe coming up to Sydney but hopefully not too much. I don’t like travelling too much. After that, when I’m ready, I’m not in the headspace right now but in six months or so, I want to go international.

Fingers crossed she goes.

Also here is Tahnee’s TV Week interview.

1 Jacqui { 07.09.09 at 12:56 pm }

No offense to anyone, but brick laying is not really what i would define a career! As if he wouldn’t want her to go to NY to work, when she can make more money than him! Love how they match their outfits to each other- matching leather jackets!

2 Anonymous { 07.09.09 at 2:23 pm }

i agree with everything you’ve said

3 Sooty { 07.09.09 at 5:06 pm }

Well, maybe ‘earlier this week’ as the Terror puts it was recorded after she’d just lost. That would have been a shock and Cassi was always keen on saving face. Charlotte posted on the antm official site, and others in the industry have stated she has now signed with Elite. So who knows what the truth is or how it will all pan out.

“Cassi has a contract with Elite New York and leaves September for the show season (same deal as Alice)

Thanks for watching and being so passionate about our show.
I promise that I am a reliable scource! I am so thrilled for her and her family. She has also booked several amazing editorial jobs for next week – so she’s on her way. All the moaning and bitching about Cassi from her teeth to her behaviour to put it mildly many of you guys have bullied her on our site and now she has had the final say.

She was never in it for ‘ratings’ she was in it because we believed in her and so too does Elite New York.

I felt she wasn’t quite ready to embrace the winning aspect of this competition, Tahnee was a fierce competitior and a beautiful girl who worked hard and produced the goods.

We took into account all of the outcrys about body image and professional behaviour and considering this is a competion and the public get 30% of the voting share (enough of the ‘rigging’ – it’s stupid, boring and untrue also very insulting to our wonderful online team who work hard to let you have your say both on this site and via the remote and other voting processes), it was decided Tahnee should win.

I am so thrilled with the result, both for Tahnee as the winner and for Cassi to overcome all that awful hatred towards her to achieve what she has.

Charlotte
x
(antm.com.au)”

Love the cover story for the voting arrangement!!

4 Reality Raver { 07.09.09 at 5:54 pm }

Sooty – Great news, I just would not want her to wake up in her early twenties and go what the fuck have I done. I think chances of her getting married will be slim…

You know how teenages think the person they love is THE one.

Have to laugh at Charlotte re: the comment about how Cassi has had to overcome the awful hatred towards her… It was the show’s editing that made the audience form an opinion of her.

I never disliked Cassi, I just found her a very mixed up little girl, and thought it was disturbing how the show’s producers were using her for ratings.

5 CG { 07.09.09 at 8:28 pm }

You are spot on RR. This is just sad. But we have to remember this girl is 16 years old…and by all accounts was abandoned by her father and more recently her mother. It is easy to understand why she is so dependent upon this boyfriend who is clearly has control issues and a multitude of other more serious problems. Poor Cassi.

6 Dannielle { 07.13.09 at 12:36 pm }

I’m so glad Cassi didn’t win ANTM. She didn’t even deserve to come 2nd!! They gave her so much attention and guidance. Her life could have improved, but now I think it will just get worse.

7 mmm { 07.13.09 at 1:35 pm }

i hope her life doesn’t get worse!! she has the world of potential and i think she is actually probably a vv nice person (as evident in the show that she doesn’t really bitch about ppl and don’t talk about ppl behind their backs ) … i think she trusts people too easily and also insecure about herself. if she had the right people looking after her, i think she’ll go far… where is her mother?? she seem ok and supportive of her modelling career? she should step in and guide her instead of leaving her by herself to live with that bf. I just hope this choice is hers and not influenced by anyone else such as that bf. but she is only 16 and most ppl should know that when u think u fall in love, u r blind… i hope when she realises she does want to model… she’ll still have chances… it’sjust really sad………..

8 Anonymous { 07.13.09 at 3:54 pm }

I liked Cassie at first but shes totally lost my respect. I just wish she would stop toying around with it all. She doesnt take modelling seriously at all

9 Cath { 07.25.09 at 7:00 am }

Cassi run, run, run, away from Brad!!!!!!! He is not a man but a bogan with low self esteem and a desire to drag you down with him and when you’re down he’ll kick you!!! RUN girl!!! Do your modeling and look to fill that love gap somewhere else. Don’t make the same mistake I made many years ago!!! You have potential and a bit of an angry attitude but that will calm down with the right kind of life and love. LEAVE HIM!!!!

10 Madicine { 08.07.09 at 5:37 pm }

I agree completely – Brad The Bogan will surely drag Cassi down further and it’s a shame as she does have potential.

Live your life, work, travel, enjoy all the new experiences, make some fab new friends and money THEN settle down (if Brad’s still the one!)

x

11 Tigers On Top! { 08.28.09 at 10:08 pm }

I’m so glad she didn’t win ANTM! and no offence CG but Cassi got EXPELLED from her school because she skipped classes, her mother moved to america to be with her new husband and cassi started smoking when she was ten, HOW WAS THIS A FATHER’S FAULT WHEN HE NEVER EVEN KNEW HER EXACTLY?

Fully 100% agree with danielle, i have to asmit having cassi on the show made it more fun to watch, BUT THERE’S NO WAY SHE SHOULD HAVE STAYED ON THAT LONG, IT SHOULD’VE BEEN TAHNEE AND CLAIRE UP THERE! And people, lets not forget what she said when they played the videos of each of them of why they wanted to win in the grand final
Cassi: i’d love to win it’s a drean come true and we REALLY NEED THE MONEY!

honestly, trying to get people to feel sorry for you much!

But let’s face it, you got EXPELLED from your school for skipping classes, you started SMOKING when you were TEN, you have a boyfriend that’s nearly TEN YRS OLDER THAN YOU, you have ANGER MANAGEMENT ISSUES etc. etc.
YOU BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELF HUNNY!

and btw, what idiot wants to decline a $2 mil dollar contract and NOT GO TO AMERICA WITH ELITE just so she can stay in the middle of nowhere, marry her bogan boyfriend and be a brickie’s wife forever with a divorce at 24, 3 kids and a caravan in a trailor park? cause mate, that’s where you’re heading!

*cough* Bogan!

12 bec { 12.21.09 at 9:24 am }

im in the same agency as cassie and i met her for the first time a couple of months ago, and she is a beautiful girl!
she is young and doing what makes her happy!!
lleave her alone, if you took the time to get to know her like i did you would realise that she is an awesome girl!!
seriously all of you people need to get a life and stop being so judgemental!!!!
its absoloutly ridiculous.. dont believe eveything you hear!

13 winner { 10.23.10 at 2:00 pm }

I’ve just finished watching Season 5 of Australia’s Next Top Model. Let’s face it everyone is a bitch in their own ways. They just love giving Cassi a hard time just because she’s a bogan? Sweet faced fatty assed Tahnee where are you now? Whatever happened to your New York stint?

14 winner { 10.23.10 at 2:04 pm }

Cassi I hope you loose the excess baggage. I totally agree with everybody Brad is a total loser. He’s manipulating you. If he has no future, what can he offer you?

15 Cassi Van Den Dungen Pregnant – Are You Surprised? | reality ravings { 04.30.11 at 9:11 pm }

[…] headlines with her live in boyfriend Brad Saul who is eight years older than her. In a previous blog post here I write I hope we won’t see Cassi in an interview with Woman’s Day in four years time […]