Category — Live to Dance
If you cannot wait until next week to see Andrew Gunsberg in his new US series Live To Dance, here is a teeny tiny excerpt of what we can expect from the show. Paula Abdul is one of the judges/experts.
Early reviews are fair see this one from MTV, and this Television Without Pity review pans Andrew Gunsberg. But as usual I will be making my own mind up when I watch it on Fox 8 Wednesday 19 January at 8.30pm.
UPDATE: The good news is the show was seen by 10 million viewers. So if it holds its numbers it will be a mega hit.
January 6, 2011 1 Comment
Now rating period has ended for the free-to-air channels and all their decent shows have ceased, you must be wondering what you are going to be watching over the Summer season.
Don’t panic there are some good shows starting, but the bad news is most are on Pay TV.
This week Foxtel started to new reality shows. Dating in the Dark on Fox 8 (see review on it here) and Freshwater Blue on MTV.
Other shows to look out for over summer are:
- The always entertaining Come Dine With Me Australia (Season 3);
- American Idol with the new judging panel of Steve Tyler and J-Lo;
- Live To Dance with Andrew Gunsberg hosting will be fast tracked from the US;
- Also there is always a plethora of good stuff on Arena, with Top Chef finishing off, however Bethenny Is Getting Married, The Rachel Zoe Project, and Flipping Out are all entertaining.
If anyone sees a good reality show in the TV guide tell me about it so I can alert other reality TV fans.
December 4, 2010 5 Comments
You ask, and you shall receive, as raised in yesterday’s blog post about Andrew G’s huge cast coup in the US whether an Australian channel would vie for the rights of the show, Fox 8 now reveal they have secured the rights to his new show Live to Dance.
Fox 8 announced:
- FOXTEL has secured the exclusive Australian television rights to the new US dance/ talent series Live to Dance, to be hosted by former Channel [V] and Australian Idol host Andrew Gunsberg.
- In the US, Live to Dance will spearhead the CBS network’s counter attack to the American Idol juggernaut in early 2011.
- Live to Dance is the US version of the UK smash hit Got to Dance. Both Got to Dance (UK) and Live to Dance (US) will be seen exclusively on FOX8 in 2011.
- FOXTEL has also already announced production of its own version of Got to Dance for FOX8, which will debut mid-year.
- On Live to Dance, Gunsberg will be working with former American Idol judge and dance diva Paula Abdul, who is executive producer and will be the lead expert and mentor, as well as American choreographer Travis Payne (Michael Jackson’sThis Is It) and Pussycat Doll Kimberly Wyatt.
What they cannot say at this point is whether it will be fast tracked just after it is screened in the US, like the station does with American Idol.
October 15, 2010 Comments Off on Fox 8 Will Be Screening Andrew Gunsberg’s US Show Live To Dance