Claire Winton Burn Talks About Her Personal Life

Claire Winton Burn who came third on Masterchef Australia made headlines for her love life as well as her cooking.

Now the show is over Claire talks about how this effected her and her family to TV Week.

The article said:

On cloud nine after her recent engagement to partner Trevor, last girl standing Claire Winton Burn says she hopes to start a family with her man in the future.

“I’m in a really happy, committed relationship and with that comes all of the things that everyone wants, including children, but at the moment I’m just focusing on what’s next for me career-wise after Masterchef,” Claire, 31, tells TV WEEK. “We are talking about getting a puppy though, which is exciting.”

After having her personl life dragged through the press and being branded a homewrecker, Claire says she feels terribly guilty for exposing her loved ones to the scrutiny of the spotlight.

Being eliminated right before the big finale has also been hard to digest for the former lawyer, who risked her career and put her family through the media wringer by attracting attention on the hit show.

“The thing that does upset me is the way it has affected Trevor, his family and my family, as well,” Claire reveals. “It’s disappointing because while I may have signed on for this, it’s the people who haven’t who have really suffered and I feel responsible for what they’ve been through. It’s especially hard because I’m not there to support the in person.”

Claire found her relationship with Trevor dissected after it was reported he left his wife and newborn baby to set up home with the former lawyer, who he met at work.

“There have been a lot of factual inaccuracies and it’s certainly been a difficult time for Trevor,” she acknowledges. “but he’s been incredibly strong and amazingly supportive. He’s been behind me 100 per cent. It hasn’t put any strain on our relationship at all.”

As for the bashing she’s received on many online forums, Claire is doing her best not to dwell on the negativity. “It’s obviously hurtful and affects you,” she admits. “but everyone is entitled their opinion. I’m not going to win everyone over. I have lots of support, but I have lots of detractors, too. That’s just the risk I’ve taken by putting myself in the spotlight, but I’m focusing on the next chapter.”

1 wallah { 08.02.10 at 11:41 am }

Hahaha…..he does look like Frank “the cats done a whoopsie on the carpet” Spencer.

2 Reality Raver { 08.02.10 at 11:58 am }

Rosie – LMAO at the stick mag comment.

Now my thoughts on the weekly gossips mags – which is a specialist subject of mine…

Why do women by them? Well personally I find them to be far more enjoyable then the other women’s mags that talk about boosting your self esteem, but then give articles on giving perfect fellatio.

I know at times in my life I have been too tired to read anything more substantial before bedtime, however considering I have read them pre- kids this is not always not a good excuse. But they are a good way to unwind. I think most people can see the BS that is in them.

However I think the weekly mags are in a difficult position because of the internet, pictures and celebrity gossip can be seen daily, and it is old news by the time they hit the newstands.

I presume that is why they are doing more stories like the Claire stuff, and buying wedding exclusives. And they appear to be doing alot more TV stuff.

NW which used deal exclusively in celeb gossip I think has been hit hard by this particularly as they have younger more IT readership. I will rarely buy this mag now as I have seen most of the pics and articles before it has been published.

CB – I will try and get a Skye story up this week for the male readership.

3 Culinary Boner { 08.02.10 at 12:19 pm }

Thanks Raver, look forward to the Skye article. BTW, what do you have against advice on the “perfect fellatio”? I always thought that improving home skills – on all levels – was the key social role of the women’s magazines.

4 brain dead dave { 08.02.10 at 4:52 pm }

At least Claire would be good at fellatio…every time I’ve seen her ,she sucked.

5 wallah { 08.02.10 at 7:22 pm }

Not sure if anyone’s posted this yet, but Masterchef USA ep.1 is up on Youtube for the time being. Guess what? Tears, long drawn out pauses, endless recaps and fireballs.

6 Pollywaffle { 08.03.10 at 10:47 pm }

Claire rolled through her fave Melbourne foodie haunts in the w/e papers….shes discovering her roots again ( literally?) as she frees herself from the assault that was Sydney and embraces Mother Melbourne….she notes at variou sestablishments that the velvety flavours mix with the salty notes … you know, really surprising stuff…but I cant shake the voicetrak even if it is only in printed form. Choked on my pikelets as I spliced through the smoky sweet maple reduction and softly kissed the fluffy latte foam.

7 Reality Raver { 08.03.10 at 11:22 pm }

Pollywaffle – LOL was it hard copy only? Did she write the article herself?

8 Pollywaffle { 08.04.10 at 9:10 pm }

Hi RR – she was the guest food reviewer for a mini good food guide . It sounded like her words hence the awful audio hallucinations.. didnt see it online.

Snapshot of her picks follows ( useful for stalkers) –
…Cicciolini Back Bar – ” a wine list you dont need a PhD to read”
…Coda Bar Flinders lane ….” deftly negotiates the sometimes uneasy influencs between its Asian and French influences…a revelation”

….Cumulus “Epitomises the best of Melbourne dining”

….Dainty Sichuan ” craving a chilli hit?”

…The Euopean ” perennial favourite, best bistro foods – the best of Melbourne and European traditions”

… Hutong Dumpling Bar Market Lane ‘ a magnet for dumpling fanatics”

…Il Fornaio ” tasty treats by day, decadent desserts by night”

… Ladro Greville St Prahran “pizza the way it should be made and no one else in Melbourne does it quite so well…my pick is the Badabing – impecable think topped tomato, provolone cheese and pork sausage – master stroke is the judicious use of chilli, fennel and fresh herbs to balance the richness of the cheese and the pork”

( I hear they’ve renamed this one the droopy drawers on steroids)

…Penang Coffee House Hawthorn – best laksa in Melbourne – come away blissfully saited with rich spicy laksa and flaky roti bread

…Wall280 Carlisle street – backs up too cool for school irreverance with what I think is some of the best coffee in melbourne

Hmm some firm favourites, not sure I agree with them al,l but at least she gets out of the designated lawyer zones on occasions though I cant see her finishing whats on her plate

9 reality raver { 08.04.10 at 9:55 pm }

Thanks Pollywaffle I wonder if that is where she is seeing her career heading.

10 Anonymous { 08.05.10 at 3:33 pm }
11 Reality Raver { 08.05.10 at 4:05 pm }

I am so watching that tonight. I will have to watch the first one as well. Stuff the networks if they cannot get their shit together.
What does that Graham Elliot look like.

12 Anonymous { 08.05.10 at 4:26 pm }

Hopefully you are up to date with TC DC RR-Restaurant Wars next week. Episode 1 and 2 of MC USA is auditions Ep 3 skills tests-goodie thats what I am looking forward too-auditions are ok to have a look at but a wee bit staged for my liking. Lurve TC :)

13 Anonymous { 08.05.10 at 4:28 pm }

If Megavideo isn’t your channel of choice there’s always youtube(Hells Kitchen too if you want):(you probably have all the info already but here’s a link anyway) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFywH2RDu30&playnext=1&videos=ufEZzM89DWg&feature=sub

14 Anonymous { 08.05.10 at 4:29 pm }