Farmer Wants A Wife – Is Farmer Nathan Not Really A Farmer

Farmer Nathan from Farmer Wants A Wife has been presented as being a drover on this huge property, is that true? Rumour is he is actually the farms mechanic. But maybe that doesn’t sound quite as sexy as being a drover.

Not that I have a problem with that, most of these farmers are living in their parent’s house.

SPOILER: The other rumour is he gets the girl, but is now living in Perth.

Also the other rumour doing the rounds is that Shaun, the farmer with the six pack, met a girl between applying to be on Farmer Wants A Wife, and the time the girls got on the farm.

1 skye { 08.27.10 at 9:51 pm }

Mechanic sounds much better than drover, at least that’s a trade, as opposed to an itinerant job herding cattle across the country. Apparently it is his mate’s farm and he is from Perth, so no surprises he’s gone back there (assuming spoiler is true etc).

2 Jenny Draut { 08.28.10 at 9:12 pm }

hey rr:

are you still gonna write about the uk apprentice on ch7?

or is it anyone watching or just me? personally i think this Sir alan way to full of himself….

3 Maeve { 08.29.10 at 11:48 am }

Love this show! I don’t care whether he is a drover or mechanic he makes good tv! Farmer wants a Wife on Wednesdays is my favourite night on TV!

4 Izobel2 { 08.29.10 at 9:41 pm }

Hey Jenny I’m watching Farmer & Apprentice. I was sorry Raef left. Weren’t you RR? I don’t think Shaun likes the 2 girls he has left, and I don’t think the Redback bitten girl (Kristy?) is suited to Charlie.

5 Reality Raver { 08.29.10 at 10:09 pm }

Sorry Jenny I have been a bit lax posting on The Apprentice, but there is a short blog post on it now up. It is one of the best reality shows on TV at the moment.

Izobel2 – I was shocked when he went as I thought it was Michaels time to go.
Agree Kristy is far to mature for Charlie, he seems like a nice guy but still very much a kid.

6 Reality Raver { 08.29.10 at 10:09 pm }

I should add I am glad Jamie is not singling out Emma, she seems very nice.

7 Marie { 09.03.10 at 2:50 pm }

It is true that “Farmer” Nathan is/was a mechanic on the station and he was only there for 12 months. I hate that they are trying to make it look like he owns the place. He and his girl tried the station for a week then packed up and moved to the city, not really what the show is about in my opinion.

8 Baz { 09.03.10 at 9:14 pm }

Your wrong Marie we was there for 2 years! My best mate worked with him at carnegie and while he is a mechanic by trade he could not stress enough that he didnt want to be a mechanic at the station. He did every job there was with cattle and bearly touched a spanner while there. The show made a BIG statement episode one that he moved there to work with his mate . To me thats good grounds to be considerd a farmer. I have heard hes now on anouther property with his girl. But all that considerd good on him for sharing a stage of his life that was a farmer thats my opinion.

9 LizK { 09.04.10 at 1:34 pm }

I love Nathan no matter what .. what i dont love is the endless repetition every 5 minutes… before the ads.. after the ads… then again in the middle of the show.. yikes.. i know what has happened i just want to know what happens next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 Amber Malauski { 09.15.10 at 11:36 pm }

Yea, his a mechanic, he was there for 3mths before applying for the show. His mate who owned this property saw the first esp, and went off at Ch 9, he neva agreed to have his place on the show. which then lead to Ch 9 changing parts of the show. But they new he wasnt a farmer/drover from day 1. How do i know this, im a freq vistior to carnegie and know all the old farmers up there. He picked is girl, she moved there for one day. then they both moved to perth where they moved back to his mum and dads place in Koondoola. while saving for a place.

11 Good Friend of Nathan { 09.19.10 at 7:54 pm }

Hello Amber,
You have not the slightest idea and must say your full of S**T not only am I a friend of Nathans but also the friend of the manager of the station and also the friend of the owner of the staion. Your full of it saying he rang channel9 because fremantle media handed the series over to them 2 months before it went to air meening nothing could be changed. He was there a year before he applied. He is a qaulified mechanic but didnt touch the tools at the station only did farm work. The owner and manager sighn agreement to have him on the show. He and his girl were there months after filming and moved back to KINGSLEY in july. Also no one at the station even knows who the hell you are. So anouther words you have been caught out and full of S**t.

12 Lexi { 10.14.10 at 7:03 pm }

BAZ… How could your friend farmer Nathan have worked their for 2 years when his best mate hasnt even been there for two years.. Think your mates been telling you porkies. or you obviously dont know them too well. Amber is right he was only there for fewmonths before he applied and left few months after filming.. and to the good friend of nathans where were they??? if they worked there months after filming? hiding in the back paddock of the farm with their outback cinema?

13 Maeve { 10.14.10 at 7:46 pm }

Everyone, I’ve just read that if you’re single and looking for a country love and you’d like to take part in series six of the show, you can now apply! http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/thefarmerwantsawife

14 Farmer Nathan { 10.16.10 at 2:03 pm }

What is the fuss about? Sorry Maeve and Lexi I dont know who you are and you just might have inside sources from somewere but the truth is I started on the station Feb 2009 and left June 2010. I was there for 17 months. Iam qaulified mechanic but was not a mechanic on the station. Before that i was living in the country for 4 years and spent my childhood on the family farm on the weekends were learning the ins and outs of sheep farming and croping. My duties on the station for the 1 and a half years at the station were stock work and then on the pre season keeping waters going at the windmills. The sation manager and owner had to sighn a agreement to let me go on the show and they never complained to channel 9 or fremantle media. Filming finished in Feb and Amanda started working with me in march at the bosses farm for a couple weeks before we went to the station to continue untill June when we decided for personal reasons to leave. I was there for 10 months before applying and only had 2 weeks off in that time to attend my brothers wedding and nannas funeral. Thats the truth take it or leave it. We would appreciate if you do not contact the station and respect their private lives as we do not work there but if you want to confirm this call the relevant tv station. I hope everyone enjoyed the show and we look foward to the new season they all look like a great bunch of farmers.

Farmer Nathan

15 Lexi { 10.23.10 at 5:16 pm }

Oh Farmer Nathan what an amazing story, I nearly wet my pants reading about the extent of your farming history .. It brought Tears to my eyes.. your my hero.

16 Elaine { 11.03.10 at 10:45 pm }

The manager and owner never went off at fremantle media. We are all proud of Nathan and am glad he has found his soulmate with Amanda.

17 emma { 02.09.11 at 2:44 pm }

hi my name is Emma
I like the show farmer wants a wife seeing all the hot male farmers.

18 emma { 02.09.11 at 2:48 pm }

I have a partner.
I have a best mate looking for a female friend.
Any female single farmers
My best mate is Dave. B.

19 emma { 02.09.11 at 2:53 pm }

i think the pearl farmer is hot
Jamie Morgan.
Emma.
And Scott McClymont

20 emma { 02.09.11 at 2:58 pm }

I play acoustic guitar and have 4 sheep 4 chooks 3 dogs 1 cat 2 budgies and one weiro
Male budgie Cream female budgie Custard and Phoebe my female weiro.
Emma