Ben Cousins To Be The Amazing Race Host?

In what is clearly bollocks Ben Cousins name is floating around as a name to get the coveted role of host of The Amazing Race.

The Daily Telegraph reports:

The former AFL player has been short listed for the role after an in-house screening of his documentary was “extremely well received” and following his professionalism at last week’s press conference announcing his retirement from AFL.

“There’s a definite belief he could do it. Sure. He was outstanding last week, and plus he brings women onboard. He has this real James Dean feel to him,” the source said.

I beg to differ I find nothing appealing about Ben Cousins at all. I have always thought he was a bit of a tool.

However also in the mix are Daniel MacPherson, Tom Williams and Luke Jacobz. With Daniel MacPherson as the frontrunner at this stage.

Over 100,000 people have checked out The Amazing Race website since it was announced an Australian version of the series would be made. About 1000 of those hits have been me, and I certainly don’t want Ben Cousins greeting me at the pitstops.

1 Injera { 08.22.10 at 12:26 pm }

God, why don’t they just round up the names touted as potential hosts above and start a local series of Tool Academy… and then get someone decent to host Amazing Race.

I’d never heard of Phil unti TAR – would be interested to know what sort of profile he had in the US. Anybody?

2 kelly { 08.22.10 at 12:26 pm }

hmmm Wondering how a doco about him off his nut on drugs could be ‘well received’ to the point of someone thinking hey he would be great to host a reality game show.. interesting… i thought for sure he will be on the next DWTS…

3 Sue { 08.22.10 at 12:55 pm }

I won’t watch out of protest if they let that tool host it. He’s no TV star, he’s a drugged out loser who happened to get famous kicking a ball.

4 elisabethlily { 08.22.10 at 3:49 pm }

We need Phil!!!!

5 Wurstsemmel { 08.22.10 at 5:33 pm }

We want Phil, not No-Frills.

6 Culinary Boner { 08.23.10 at 11:19 am }

Doesn’t he have a criminal record or some such? If so, then I presume they aint going to the US or any major countries and will instead do NZ, Fiji, Tonga, New Guinea and Norfolk Island. Welcome to the Amazing Saunter.

7 Paul { 08.23.10 at 1:18 pm }

CB – He has travelled to the US since his minor criminal infraction so I’d say he would be fine to go there. Especially now that he’s cleaned up his act.

I doubt if Ben would ever host something like this but if he did, good on him. He needs to move on with his life.

You get the feeling some people want him punsished infinitely despite the only people he hurt being himself and his family.

From all reports the documenatry is must see television. It doesn’t glorify drugs at all and instead focuses on his battle.

8 kittykitty { 08.26.10 at 7:44 pm }

Seriously, how does a man with Ben’s history became a “hero”? A documentary? Please! Why are we allowing this so called “celebrities” and their life styles to have so much publicity? If he was not a Football player, most people couldn’t care less. Surely we have better role models for our youth?

9 Joeyjojo { 09.26.10 at 10:50 am }

The other names put up are so hum-drum – clean-cut, professional yawn yawn BORING!!!
Ben has charisma, a good sense of humour, and a little naughty boy attitude that would be great to watch. The camera adores him too. I think he’d rock it.