Interview With Masterchef Australia Eliminator Jonathan Daddia

Interesting interview with Jonathan Daddia Radio b105 where he reveals how they had to sneak alcohol into the house, as they rationed this season, unlike last season…

Also here is an interview on news.com.au where he reveals his onscreen persona was cooked up in the editing suite.

Here is one from Who Magazine where he rates either Alvin or Adam to win.

1 MelbaToast { 07.14.10 at 3:12 pm }

Ok…I’ve watched the interviews (during my lunch break of course Mr Boss Man) and am confused by Jono saying he smuggled into the house the shows via iTunes downloads.

Smuggled from where? How?

Are they off at home or somewhere when we’re all thinking they have been locked away for the last 6 months?

Please explain (really, please explain as I don’t get it)!

2 Reality Raver { 07.14.10 at 5:25 pm }

I thought it was interesting they were allowed phones in the house, as apparently last year they were not. Which means they would have internet access to look up recipes and of course communicate with the outside world.

3 Kyeema { 07.14.10 at 5:28 pm }

I’ve been lurking on this forum a while and really love it, it makes the puuuuuuurrfect counterpoint to the frustrating commitment of watching MasterChef. Just a quick point… given that Jonathan has finally been eliminated, can he still claim the ‘eliminator’ title or should it be eliminatee…?
BTW…. I thought it was interesting that some of them wanted to see how they appeared on TV and others didn’t. Also interesting that it is not encouraged. It would certainly mean that contestants could complain if they thought that the editing process did them some disservice (as I think happened with Joanne and Jono this time). If the contestants were aware that editing was putting them in a bad light they could have some input into the process maybe?????

4 GeelongDeano { 07.14.10 at 7:48 pm }

RR – You deserve to interview Jono. Interesting how Jono felt being the pawn in an editing game to make him look like a villian. The producers did a good job. I wonder if they did the same to Joanne?

5 smauge { 07.15.10 at 10:31 am }

Having seen all these interview since Jono came out of the house I’m kind of glad he was eliminated – just so people can see what a character he is! I think he’s gorgeous.
They couldn’t ban phones – not with all that T-Hub product placement! lol

6 Shelsta78 { 07.15.10 at 1:39 pm }

It’s interesting, I saw Season 1 winner Julie Goodwin on the Channel 9 Breaky show and she said the most sensible thing I’ve ever heard from anyone on the subject of “the editing made me look bad” which has been the catch cry since Big Brother Season 1.

Her statement was “If you don’t say anything mean and nasty, then they have not footage of you saying anything mean and nasty to edit in”.

She’s got a point!

Also – I think that the general attitidue towards Smugathon aka JerkFaceJonathan, was not what he said about other contestants, but what he said about himself.

The producers and editors of these shows get paid to carry a story arch for each participant effectively and we wouldn’t enjoy the shows so much if the didn’t do it well – the Australia’s Next Top Model team (particularly season 2) are in my opinion the best at it – MC do an OK job, but really without a lot of scenes on them interacting in the house together, I don’t think you get a really hold on how they feel about each other.

With Jonathan now gone, they’re at the stage that all their ‘totally likeable’ characters remain (except for BeanieDouche but I’m sure that will be resolved tonight).

Which is exactly how they’d like it – because they want big numbers going for each of the final two like last time – why? Because it wins them massive ratings for the final of course!

7 sourkraut { 07.15.10 at 2:46 pm }

Phones in the house. SHOCK FAR KING HORROR All you clowns out there who whinged about Chris B can apologise now!

8 smauge { 07.15.10 at 4:20 pm }

What are you talking about SK?

9 smauge { 07.15.10 at 4:32 pm }

re “the editing made me look bad”
You can still turn a regular answer into a nasty comment. Jono said on 7pm Project that he was interviewed and asked what he thought of the other chefs. He said this one cooks like this that one cooks like that Marion is the only natural cook, I cook more using technique, etc, etc. The only thing they printed was “Marion is the only natural cook” Out of context that sounds like a swipe at the rest of them, when it was really just part of a long answer, to a question that he was ASKED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

10 sourkraut { 07.16.10 at 2:20 pm }

Smauge
Chris B was panned by the amacha and pro critics alike for having had a phone in the house. I wonder if a storm type audit of the other contestants in mc1 might not have turned up the same result