Reality Tidbits

I don’t know what it is with these young whipper snappers on Masterchef Australia this year, first Callum wants his own TV show (see injera’s post on that here), and now Matthew Caldicott wants to try his hand at modelling.

Woman’s Day says he is looking to launch a modelling career, and he is looking to see if any of the agencies are interested in him.

Matt Preston is now officially on a diet according to New Idea. He now realises it is all about portion control. He said he realised he needed to go on a diet when the wardrobe girls on Masterchef were letting out his jackets without him knowing about it.

Wirra a Western Australian AFL player has withdrawn from Dancing With The Stars as he wants the better dancers to have a shot at the Grand Final (Source: Throng)

Fifi Box’s TV career continues to go from strength to strength, she will host a new show on Channel 7 called Four Weddings. It is based on a British series that can be seen on Lifestyle You where four couples compete for a deluxe honeymoon. The other contestants and attend the weddings and vote, it is a bit like Come Dine With Me voting system. It is an enjoyable program.

Ellen De Generes dances at the finale for So You Think You Can Dance. She replaced an injured dancer, Alex Wong. No news on whether we will get to see the US version of the show here. ( Source: TV Tonight)

One of my favourite American Idol’s Fantasia Barrino has attempted suicide. Her personal life is a bit murky with rumours of a liaison with a married man, and rumours of a sex tape. (Source: TV Tonight)

Daniel Macpherson is apparently one of the most popular guys on TV, so I think he will be the host of the Australian version of The Amazing Race.

If you want to know how Kate Gosselin makes her money this blog tells you how here.

In a definition of irony the Millionaire Matchmaker Patti Stanger has broken off her engagement to Andy Freidman. They met through a matchmaker five and a half years ago. (Source: Popeater)

Kara DioGuardi found out she was fired from American Idol on the news. Also for those who like trivia her father is a republican candidate. (Source: Huffington Post)

There is going to be a reality TV convention in Los Angeles next April. I am quite happy to lead a tour group there. LOL. It will have panel’s and reality TV “stars”. Also there will be online reality TV awards. Mark Burnett is involved. (Source:Hollywood Reporter)

Did one of America’s leading reality TV bloggers get banned from the Survivor set because off Russel Hantz? Great article on Reality Blurred. Also one of the negatives of not doing puff pieces, you don’t get access. I am still waiting for my interview with Jonathan Daddia.

1 seepi { 08.16.10 at 10:27 pm }

David Wirrpanda resigning – poor form I thought. The show Is a popularity contest and a skills contest, and he knew that when he went on – or he should have. I get the idea he put hardly any research into going on this show.
I’m amazed he is getting so much support for this dud decision. all those WA voters who’ve been keeping him in must be ropable.

And Daniel McPherson for Amazing Race…hmm…could be worse. but he is a bit uber-smily like a jolly uncle at a wedding speech all the time.

2 Reality Raver { 08.16.10 at 10:56 pm }

Seepi – I had never heard of him before (Wirra) he must have some kind of cult following in WA.

3 MolksTVTalk { 08.17.10 at 9:40 am }

Am I the only person that thinks Fifi Box is one of the most vaccuous anti-celebs going around? She’s lovely and all that, but offers nothing other than “it’s all about her”. Sheesh.

4 Culinary Boner { 08.17.10 at 10:59 am }

While the Boner does not personally approve of Fifi Box, he does think highly of Fifi’s box. Although as MolksTVTalk points out it could be considered by some a bit vacuous.

5 brain dead dave { 08.17.10 at 4:44 pm }

You’re not alone MolksTVTalk, when Fifi Box was spawned on Sunri$e it was a sad day in Australian television. She ranks right down with the bottom feeders like Steve Jacobs ,Kochie and Grant Denyer. It’s mediocre media mongrels like these that cheapen the experience of living.

6 Pollywaffle { 08.17.10 at 7:13 pm }

BDD – you forgot Richard, ‘pass me the baby oil’, Wilkins

7 brain dead dave { 08.17.10 at 9:19 pm }

I did , Pollywaffle. The only thing deep about him is his crow’s feet.

8 Annon { 08.18.10 at 1:28 pm }

I’m with you all. I see absolutely no point in FiFi Box. She would have to be one of the most pointless ‘celebs’ around

9 Reality Raver { 08.18.10 at 1:56 pm }

I have to confess she is barely on my radar, and I am not even sure if I have seen her on TV. But I will take your word for it re: Fifi Box.

10 Muru { 08.18.10 at 3:33 pm }

“and now Matthew Caldicott wants to try his hand at modelling.”

LOL. That made my day.

I’ve always suspected it, and now I’m almost positive he’s gay now.

11 brain dead dave { 08.18.10 at 4:44 pm }

Matt Preston’s journey is to apparently lose 25 kilos and I’m told /warned there’s a photo of him in his “training” gear in No Idea. Maybe a rare opportunity to see him without a crafat.

12 brain dead dave { 08.18.10 at 5:25 pm }

He’s wearing a crafat,after all.

13 Pollywaffle { 08.18.10 at 6:20 pm }

I dont think the Channel 10 wardrobe people were letting out his suits – he’s been wearing a fat suit all along to enable the big reveal…take off fat suit.

14 Kelly { 08.20.10 at 9:42 am }

I think its a real shame about Kara DioGuardi, the women actually has a lot of credibilty in the Music industry- looks the producers are going back to find a “celebrity” rather then a actual musical talent..