An Australian Version Of The X-Factor Likely To Premier In 2011

It would appear Australian TV channels will be putting more money into Simon Cowell’s pocket with Channel Nine and Seven both vying for the rights of The X Factor.

Executives from both channels met with Simon Cowell to discuss the show an article in the Daily TelegraphΒ reveals.

The article said:

“Seven made a very aggressive play for it and Channel 9 was very interested but were more conscious of the cheque they would have to write – but one way or another, expect it to be on air around February next year.”

X Factor aired here on Channel 10 in 2005, but was a ratings dog.

Don’t expect Kate Cebrano or Mark Holden to make a reappearance on the show. I suspect either Channel will make a play for Danni Minogue to be a judge/mentor.

1 Samantha { 11.15.10 at 12:39 pm }

I have been waiting 15 years for the moment i could stand on stage and do my thing be me and be free but now i find out that you are holding the show in Feb, now i will need to wait another year because my 16th birthday is in March. Im so upset.

2 natalie { 12.02.10 at 1:58 pm }

I want to audition but have no idea when they are being held… it has been my dream to stand on stage and sing and I’ve missed out 4 times.

3 Matt { 12.08.10 at 11:19 am }

Where on earth does one find information in regards to auditions in Australia, I can’t find audition information anywhere…

4 Reality Raver { 12.08.10 at 11:22 am }

Matt the second season is yet to be announced.

5 Corey Cameron { 12.08.10 at 11:39 am }

I’ve always wanted to show people my singing voice . getting up on stage and singing in front of a crowd is challenging but it’s a really good feeling. I’ve wanted to go audition for something like this. I was disappointed when I found out that Australia Idol closed up but then my hopes came back up when I heard about X Factor. If anyone knows or finds out the audition dates can someone post it up please. thanks a heap Corey :)

6 Richelle.b { 12.18.10 at 12:16 am }

Where do you find the audition forms for 2011?

7 Reality Raver { 12.18.10 at 5:00 pm }

They have yet to announce a second season.

8 Emma dawber { 01.04.11 at 8:27 am }

I want to audition!! Please keep me posted on when and where auditions will be held! Thanks

9 Kyah-Jasmine { 01.08.11 at 10:28 pm }

Hi just wondering where you can find the application form for 2011, i would love to audition and i can only find the UK forms really bumped, this is the year i can finally audition, i missed australian idol and i dont want to miss this, ive been singing since i was 3 yrs of age and have always wanted to be a singer if i could find the application form for this i would be so happy

10 Johnny Boyd { 01.11.11 at 9:33 am }

Same query as the last few, just a bit later if anyone has any news on Australian auditions of Xfactor 2011 it would be greatly appreciated,
Kind Regards, Johnny

11 Cc! { 01.15.11 at 8:48 pm }

Please, hurry up and tell me where and when I can audition! I need to audition! It’s either this or rock climbing (I’m afraid of heights)! So, please! It would be greatly appreciated. πŸ˜€

From me,
Cc!

12 Johnny Boyd { 01.17.11 at 9:21 pm }

Well I go rock climbing dude, so don’t worry you can come with me, I haven’t lost anyone yet!!!!
Johnny

13 cherie { 01.26.11 at 1:38 am }

would love to know when and where the auditions are held? Thanks!!!!

14 Reality Raver { 01.26.11 at 8:10 am }

Oops there is a typo in the title it should be 2010. There has been no announcement about a 2011 series

15 stelly katili { 01.26.11 at 8:32 pm }

i really want to be x factor constn but i dont know if my age 35 yo still can..?

16 Damien { 01.27.11 at 12:43 am }

I will audition this year. . Reality Raver you don’t have to repeat yourself to me 4 times like you have had to with others who don’t read all the posts for information and just post a question which has already been answered previous. call me 26 call me old but its pretty simple stuff to read and understand information provided on blogs without asking unecessary questions. You agree? 2011 is yet to be announced but when It does feel free to email me directly I’d like to apply.

Regards

Damien

17 Anonymous { 01.27.11 at 12:45 am }

i’ve just re-read my blog, it sounds harsh but fair.

18 Anonymous { 01.27.11 at 12:47 am }

amendment 3 times not 4. . If i’m being hard on other people I have to be hard on myself too.

Night all. .

19 Reality Raver { 01.27.11 at 5:48 am }

Damien – If they do announce a second season I will contact you. Thanks for reading the blog.

20 Reality Raver { 01.27.11 at 5:49 am }

stelly katili – in the over 25’s group last year there was no age limit. Have you thought about applying for Australia’s Got Talent?

21 stephani spirov { 01.30.11 at 11:23 pm }

when is the 2011 xfactoer auditions

22 stephani spirov { 01.30.11 at 11:24 pm }

w

23 Lori { 02.04.11 at 9:09 pm }

some one please let me know when these auditions start i wanna audition for x factor 2011 baby πŸ˜‰ hope to be competing with yu all very soon :) good luck

24 Kyah-Jasmine { 02.07.11 at 4:22 pm }

How do u get an application form for 2011??? I missed idol and i really want my talent to be heard.

25 stelly katili { 02.12.11 at 4:18 pm }

@reality raver:Thanx for the reply! :) yes, I’m going to apply for it but how do you apply for it? where do i get the forms for it? and when does the auditions start? is it 2011 or 2012?Thankyou! :)

26 Tahlia Che' Quinlivan { 02.14.11 at 2:39 am }

Hey guys,,, ii would really like to find out more about when the auditions are and where they will be held,,, i’ve been singing for as long as ii can remember,,, and would love to get out and sing my little singing pixie lungs out,,, ii want to prove to people that ii can actually sing,,, its my passion,, dream and life… not a day goes by that ii dont let my voice take control of my heart… please get back to me because no joke ii am ii recording agents dream and you’s will all pretty much LOVE ME,,,, thanks x.

27 Tahlia Che' Quinlivan { 02.19.11 at 1:07 pm }

Can somebody please get back to me, im very eager to know and reach for stardom, Seriously you’s are killing me by not letting me know..
That is all for now bye….
=(

28 Johnny { 02.19.11 at 8:49 pm }

Don’t worry Tahlia, I’m sure there will be another season, it had reasonable success, I’m keen as well, might I suggest going round doing some busking/gigs in the interim or maybe charity work at old age homes singing, that will help you warm up, good luck
Johnny
P.S I’ll see you at the auditions

29 Ashley Cole { 02.22.11 at 7:13 pm }

Could you please let me know when and how I can apply for an audition in Perth for the 2011 series.

30 Diane Galea { 02.22.11 at 8:50 pm }

Could any one please tell me when the Melbourne auditions are on for 2011 i would really like to know.

31 Nicole E { 02.25.11 at 11:54 am }

hey guys…likewise would be very keen to audition this year…Reality Raver can you also please let me know if you find out when the audtions are and how to audition???

32 Ana Tongamoa { 02.27.11 at 5:05 pm }

Man ive been waiting for this moment for a long time, my only problem is facing the judges i get all nerves and stuff, i hate felling like that but other then that i can sing infront off a realy big crowed, i guess just trying to make a living out of it is the hard part for me and singing, but anyways im 24 this year so i guess this is it for me, sooo xfactor bring it on coz im comming……..

33 Tahlia Che' { 02.27.11 at 10:37 pm }

Reality Ravings can you please keep me up to date with these auditions for x-factor 2011,,, ii would like to know when the Melbourne auditing are on & how ii go about applying,, ii really want to make 2011 my year,,, much appreciated Tahlia Quinlivan your next star :)

34 richelle { 03.05.11 at 10:42 pm }

Surely there is an update on the audition forms?

35 danielle harris { 03.14.11 at 11:57 am }

@REALITY RAVER- Im a local musician here in Cairns, and would love for you to please email me when there has been any information about the 2011 xfactor auditions – i missed out last year as i was looking after a ill family member. So please contact me once it has been announced

36 Reality Raver { 03.14.11 at 7:19 pm }

Here are details of the upcoming details for the 2011 season of The X Factor http://www.realityravings.com/2011/03/14/the-x-factor-is-returning-this-year-wow-lost-that-bet/

37 Ana Pakoti { 03.18.11 at 10:34 am }

good luck to everyone auditioning this year, wooooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

38 Gordon { 03.23.11 at 7:52 pm }

What the age limit I want to join

39 Ana Pakoti { 03.28.11 at 4:54 pm }

the age limit is 14 and over

40 Vincent Newton-Wordsworth { 04.28.11 at 8:48 pm }

Im a farmer from the south of WA, I’ve been waiting for the chance to get up in front of the judges and see if they like what i can give. Only one problem….don’t know when the auditions are on for iether Australian Idol or The X Factor… can someone help me out

41 Anonymous359 { 06.04.11 at 4:13 pm }

Reality Raver I missed the auditions for this year, could you please contact me when and if x-factor is being held next year?