The X Factor – Altiyan Childs Has Not Been Living The Rock And Roll Lifestyle

Altiyan Childs who looks like he is starting to collect a solid fan base  is not living the rock and roll lifestyle, as TV WEEK reveals The X Factor contestant has  been celibate for seven years after his engagement broke up.

Prior to this he had been engaged.

Altiyan told TV Week that “I spent a decade with a broken heart after my finacee left me and for seven years of that, I was completely on my own in a sexual and romantic sense.”

He also said “My fiancee was a wounded soul and I was attracted to that – I even helped her get into music. But she fell in love with the limelight and then she left me after four intense years together.”

Alytian, 35 – who is currently single after another brief relationship dissolved a year ago- says he is grateful for his broken engagement because of the “growth that I experienced”, he admits to being his own worst enemy when it comes to love.

“I am so madly in love with people and compassionate to the point where it damages me,” he explains.”I’ve been too trusting in relationships and I’m surprised I’m still sane.”

Yes Altiyan indeed.

In other X Factor love life news – Mitchell Smith has a girlfriend as does Chris Doe, and if you saw Hayley Teal’s audition you will know she also has a girlfriend.

1 brain dead dave { 09.21.10 at 12:05 pm }

The way Altiyan was hugging Ronan indicates that he probably has been celibate for a really long time.

He could have used some of that broken hearted downtime to learn some lyrics. Ten years of being broken hearted is thematically more suited for country artists.

One of the most desperate and deluded contestants in ages.

2 Culinary Boner { 09.21.10 at 2:33 pm }

A future career with the Tea Party beckons, perhaps?
Provided he’s only been dabbling in bit of witchcraft, as opposed to masturbation.

3 Haters { 10.19.10 at 12:22 pm }

Haters gonna hate.

4 Anonymous { 11.06.10 at 9:51 pm }

glad he’s an honest contestent who gives his all on stage

5 Callan { 11.09.10 at 3:48 pm }

Honest?
OMG you guys, it concerns me on a deep level that people see his posteuring and fake posing, as “real”
He’lll be forgotton this time next year, thank christ, because every I see him, i feel like he has transfered his stds through the screen to me.
I seriously doubt his celibacy is by choice.

6 Henry { 11.16.10 at 9:11 pm }

Altyan is just exaggerated actor. Nothing else!

7 Altiyan Childs The Mystery Of His Ex-Girlfriend | reality ravings { 11.17.10 at 2:41 pm }

[…] Over the last three months he has disappeared into a cave, and also revealed he has been celibate for seven years. (See previous blog post here). […]

8 Madame Butterfly { 11.21.10 at 9:30 pm }

BRAIN DEAD DAVE should be D–P DEAD DAVE – do you have anything positive at all to say? I wonder if you can get on stage & perform as naturally as he does. He IS a VERY connected soul – it’s very clear to see through his deliveries. He FEELS every single word he sings; he’s in the zone….definitely NOT deluded – just an AMAZING natural talent – God gave him amazing abilities…he is totally BLESSED…What did God give you except a BRAIN DEAD HEAD? DICK HEAD

9 Madame Butterfly { 11.21.10 at 9:31 pm }

There are very FEW REAL ARTISTS out there performing on stage who simply SHOULDN’T be there.

10 Reality Raver { 11.21.10 at 10:46 pm }

Madame Butterfly – attack the comment not the commenter please.
I do think Altiyan is very unusual.

11 rocky star { 11.22.10 at 9:54 am }

Callan – do you know the guy?

I do …….. and you dont believe in the guy- then dont watch that show. He is honest, hardworking and is out there for his fans, not just himself, like a few of the contestants.

Well said Madame, well said.

12 rocky star { 11.22.10 at 9:55 am }

As they say – dont judge the book by the cover!

13 reality raver { 11.22.10 at 10:09 am }

Rocky Star – Did you ever meet the ex-girlfriend that seems to have scarred poor Altiyan for quite some time.

14 rocky star { 11.22.10 at 10:20 am }

I dont dwell on his past – its none of my damn business what went on between those two all those years ago.

But I do know he was very hurt by it all.

15 vholm { 11.22.10 at 7:33 pm }

Altiyan Childs is truly gifted. He is the first real rock artist since Michael Hutchence

16 Allana { 11.24.10 at 3:18 pm }

Altiyan is a very gifted singer and he will do well, its a shame there are so many nasty negative people out there whose only desire is to criticise, I feel sorry for you all. Altyan has a talent for rock music, and we dont have many young rockers in Australia, so he is a gift to us. it will be a hard road for him but he will do it .

17 Kay { 11.27.10 at 4:27 pm }

Callun it concerns me that you CAN”T feel his honesty. Altiyan FEELS way beyond what most people are capable of or willing to experience. Those that can’t go to this level, simply can’t relate to it/recognise it… so they label him wierd, fake, etc. It’s his ability to wear his emotions on his sleeve, his integrity, his honesty that makes him such a raw, real and passionate artist.
I think he’s on another planet to you, and I’d choose his anyday.

18 rocky star { 11.27.10 at 4:42 pm }

@Kay – I so agree with what you have said!

19 christa bradley { 11.27.10 at 9:01 pm }

Does it matter what is true or not or what we believe or not, it’s what his reality is, and for that we should be more accepting of him or people in general. We are all different and its important to stop being so judgemental and be more accepting of one another warts and all, because we are all so perfect.

20 Ali { 01.07.11 at 5:33 pm }

You can see it in his eye, window of the soul, Altiyan is for real. He is way preferrable to most guys in that he is spiritually aware and not afraid to be truthful and reveal himself. A rare thing with men. Wish there were more like him, the world would be a better place. I feel I know where he is at.

21 Altiyan Child’s Was Living In House Prior To Firearms and Drugs Found | reality ravings { 04.10.11 at 8:39 am }

[…] his time on The X Factor winner who is 35 also revealed he had been celibate for seven years, but this may have changed if advertisments for tomorrow show of Today Tonight are […]