Geni From MasterChef Australia Confirms Sam Cannot Cook

Geni_profilepic

Here is Geni’s interview with TV Week. In this interview she again says she is surprised that Sam is still in the competition as he cannot cook.

In her answer to who do you think will win she said:
To be honest, I don’t believe that Sam is still in there. Sam cannot cook. If it’s personality “” maybe they go for that. And Julie being a housewife, they may go for that, [but] I don’t think she’s the greatest cook either. I would like to see Andre winning because he’s the only one who believes so much in quality ingredients and has the patience. So yes, it’s more than just having the ability, it’s reality TV “” I have to keep that in mind all the time.

As I was perusing the TV Week yesterday there was a quote from Sam saying prior to coming into the house he was a junk food addict, and also his friends would be surprised  he had entered a cooking competition. Clearly he does not have much of a palate.

That explains why is dishes are not great. So why are they keeping him in the competition? It is not like he is hot, witty or has a rocking personality. Maybe a Sam fan could tell me why.

Also she has revealed again that it is GAME ON in the house when she said this:
Most people would cook so that people wouldn’t learn. I cooked in front of everyone and showed them how I did things. And I wouldn’t cook early in the morning so no one could see it and then put it away like others did. I don’t regret anything, it’s all about sharing and learning from each other.

1 Wurstsemmel { 06.16.09 at 4:48 pm }

Oh, Buddha. More comments about children and eating. ..and cookbooks..what I want to know is why isn’t anyone writing a diet book for overweight food critics? Huh?

2 Injera { 06.16.09 at 5:04 pm }

Agreed, Wurstsemmel – won’t someone think of the critics?

It’s particularly annoying that the press before Masterchef indicated that the audition process weeded out the people who “just wanna be on the telly”, which seems to be contradicted by Geni’s ambition for “a little slot on television”.

3 Kyvyny { 06.16.09 at 5:10 pm }

If they were all concerned about the others stealing style and technique and ideas, they should have just let Sam cook all the meals. Stew and undone spring rolls every night!

But if you’re in that kind of atmosphere, why not just serve up bland food in the house and crack pink risotto in the studios?

4 Culinary Boner { 06.16.09 at 5:22 pm }

Were things to roll as Geni would like, then Andre would win. Gee, can’t wait to see them publish his cookbook featuring such delights as strawberry rissotto and how to spend 3 hours dicing an ocean trout. Both he and Sam will be eliminated soon, fingers-crossed.

5 Reality Raver { 06.16.09 at 5:39 pm }

Culinary boner – make that 3 hours to dice half a ocean trout.

Injera – I got the feeling she wanted a TV spot on Greek TV. I will reread interview. They probably all want to have the regular cooking spot on the Kerry Ann Kennerly show.

Kyvyny – Yeah wouldn’t you just be serving up your bog standard taco’s in the MasterChef house. Personally I would be so tired from the filming I would be calling for take out.

6 Coco { 06.16.09 at 5:43 pm }

Do you actually believe whoever wins this will be using their own recipes for the cookbook? If this twitter account is real [http://twitter.com/MasterChefBook] then the recipes have been decided, it will just be a matter of picking which dishes suit the “winner” from the monster spreadsheet.

7 Wurstsemmel { 06.16.09 at 5:53 pm }

More importantly, do we believe anyone will actually buy it?

8 Injera { 06.16.09 at 7:01 pm }

Well, Sandra’s husband has certainly been spruiking his… ahem, sorry, her… book over on the Masterchef forums. From the responses by posters over there, his efforts have tended towards alienating, rather than attracting, potential customers.

Seriously, when’s Ten going to learn “show, don’t tell”. I’m heartily sick of judges and others telling us who the good cooks are – just show it! There’s no benefit to the editors to hide evidence of competent cookery, so how come all we see from wonder kids like Andre is crap?

9 Reality Raver { 06.16.09 at 8:10 pm }

Coco – the twitter account looks real. Which means one of two things. Either it is pre-written or they already have picked out the person they want to win the show. The former is probably the likeliest.

Injera – What has he been saying? Banging on about what the book will be about? I don’t think she garnered a following to sell it unless of course it is really good. But if it is adding veges to bolognaise I have been there and done that.

10 sourkraut { 06.16.09 at 9:36 pm }

Andre best chef You gotta be pulling my leg. He’s cooked one piece of crap after another culminating in that veritable artistic masterpiece which Greg correctly for once called “chuck on a plate”

Ah yes the cook book, cant wait for that with some of the wonder recipes we’ve seen so far top of my list is raw rabbit followed by raw meat mixed with egg. I’m still waiting for someone to cook up a dessert a la Coogee bay hotel, ie a dog turd and tonic flavoured home made ice cream

Oh and i thought noone got 10 outta 10. what a bunch of wussy so called judges Time to get real with the judging and bring in a real chef ie Drum Roll waitferrit…………………………….
Maggie Beer. She could cook the lot of these characters under the table, and having a woman on the panel would reduce the obvious sexual favouritism of the existing purves.

Finall was the last thirty seconds a giveaway of the final winner when our “miss personality” fumes to the camera “If Chris gets the credit for this I will……………..(.Fill in the blank space with your own vulgar description of her potential reaction)

OOOOOOH I’ve been in a good mood tonight. Lotsa love

11 Reality Raver { 06.16.09 at 10:16 pm }

Sourkraut – Please come back I am loving your comments. Poh looked very unhappy. She is just great reality TV.

Maggie Beer is probably contracted to ABC. I like Maggie but she uses verjuice in most of her recipes which I find a bit annoying.

I think Gary and George are loving the attention – I read in an article today that they felt like rock stars. Oh vey.

12 Wurstsemmel { 06.17.09 at 4:42 pm }

More like crock stars. Give me a break.

I’d swap George for Matt Moran anyday. I don’t actually mind Gary but I love Manu Feidel, so I’d swap him too if Manu was on offer. Have to keep food critic Matt, can’t miss out on his titillating comments.

13 hibaa ' food lover { 06.22.09 at 11:44 am }

um this lady is not that really right i honestly think shes the one that doesnt no how to cookk!!
and that shee shouldnt talk things and say things that are absoulutly bull;; and no wonder why shes outtt loll
GOO SAMM I HOPE YOU OR JUSTENE OR CHRIS WIINNN!!!!

14 Becci louise { 06.05.11 at 3:35 am }

Geni was one of the worst cooks there and i am shocked she got to stay for so long sam was a lovely guy and obviously he could cook if a number of different judges kept him in over that long period of time! Geni is just jealous because she was booted out for not being good enough!