MasterChef Australia Judge George Calombaris Apparently Hates Bloggers

george the love god

George Calombaris, judge of MasterChef Australia, apparently has been bitching about bloggers at the Sydney Good Food and Wine Show. He has said he hates them. Apparently this is because of the complaints about his knife licking.

After a quick search of my blog to find out if I was one of the culprits it would appear that I am. I found this blog post here which started with:

I am no disciple of June Dally-Watkins but I was completely gobsmacked and slightly revolted when judge George Columbaris licked his knife tonight while tasting Sam and Manu Feidel’s dishes. I mean doesn’t he realise he is on national TV? What next picking his nose or belching after he eats?

Not Quite Nigella has a great report from the food show, giving a great recap of the Gordon Ramsay show. Also she got to speak to Gary Mehigan, and saw his show with George. She said Justine also joined them on stage.

Also she saw other MasterChef Australia luminaries Matt Moran, Manu Feidel, and Matt Preston.

UPDATE: Food bloggerGrab Your Fork has posted his comments on YouTube here.

1 Jacqui { 07.04.09 at 10:04 pm }

Not sure which grabyourfork posted this on youtube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgINWwNBaIU
which shows George at the food and wine show. There are a few other interesting ones where Matt eats Garys doughnuts also! Check them out! Thanks by the way to the poster!

2 Jacqui { 07.04.09 at 10:21 pm }

Sorry that should have said Grabyourfork posted it! I’m not making sense today! Thanks for the great videos grabyourfork!

3 Helen (grabyourfork) { 07.04.09 at 10:58 pm }

lol. It was me, and yes I was quite surprised by George’s sweeping dismissal of bloggers full stop. Matt copped some public flak at first for his cravat-wearing but he embraced it with self-deprecating charm and now his wardrobe quirk has only endeared him even more to bloggers and the public at large.

4 Wurstsemmel { 07.04.09 at 11:43 pm }

Ah, Georgie, no need to take yourself seriously. Yeah?

5 h&b { 07.05.09 at 1:04 am }

I always thought “Grab Your Fork” was written by the female of the species – my bad?? or yours ??

George. Pfft! Get over it, knife-licker..

6 Culinary Boner { 07.05.09 at 12:45 pm }

At least George isn’t a dishlicker…well, in public anyways.

7 Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella { 07.05.09 at 1:20 pm }

Hehe as I said, the truth hurts George! Actually when he said that I thought of you as I do remember you saying that! At least you’re on his radar! 😉

8 That DID Impress Me Much « The Very Very Hungry Caterpillar: Melbourne Foodie Adventures { 01.01.11 at 10:24 pm }

[…] at century-old egg and not knowing what it is, even though you’re supposed to be a CHEF?) and a food blogger-hating douche, but damn, your food is absolutely AMAZING. Please don’t do to me what you did to Winsor […]

9 Little Press and Cellar | Melbourne Restaurant Reviews: The Very Very Hungry Caterpillar { 03.31.13 at 8:14 pm }

[…] at century-old egg and not knowing what it is, even though you’re supposed to be a CHEF?) and a food blogger-hating douche, but damn, your food is absolutely AMAZING. I wrote positive reviews for not only this place but […]