Are Australia’s A-List Reality TV Couple, Kyle and Tamara, On The Skids?

Rumours have been circulating for awhile but the Daily Telegraph (lifted from Woman’s Day) are today reporting that judge on The X Factor, Kyle Sandilands, and Dancing With The Stars contestant Tamara Jaber have split. If this is true this will mean Kyle will become one of Sydney’s most eligible bachelors.

The article states:

An urgent meeting of Sandilands’ and Jaber’s management teams was taking place this afternoon to devise a PR strategy to handle their apparent split.

A source said a statement was being prepared and would be released this afternoon.

Previous stories and speculation the couple had split were denied by spokespeople in recent weeks.

However, a story published in Woman’s Day today reported Sandliands had begun telling friends of the split in Sydney last week.

“It’s an open secret,” a friend of the couple reportedly told the magazine.

“They’ve been on the rocks for months.”

Kyle and Tamara appeared together at the radio host’s 39th birthday party at the Piano Room at Kings Cross but  left separately.

Sandilands has been reportedly living in city hotels including Blue at Woolloomoloo and Star City casino for the last couple of months while Jaber has been staying at the family home at St Ives.

Also the magazine has photos of both parties not wearing their wedding rings.

Tamara is denying she is on with her dance partner Carmelo Pizzino.

The Woman’s Day article also gives further evidence of their split. It states:

Last week Kyle and Tamara flew to Melbourne separately, arriving within hours of each other. They then checked into different hotels and flew home to Sydney separately.

“They tried to work at the marriage,” says the friend. “Tamara was trying to get back with him as recently as a week or so ago, but Kyle was the one who wasn’t showing a lot of interest.”

Also Tamara recently showed off the couple’s $1.9 million Sydney home on TV’s Better Homes and Gardens. But there was no sign of Kyle, who later admitted the first he knew of the segment was when he saw it advertised on TV.

Last week Tamara addressed their relationship with Woman’s Day. She said

“Our relationship is unusual”.

“We do our own thing and that’s the way it works. People notice things I don’t really notice because we do things the way we want to. We spend a lot of time apart because of work, probably more time than other couples.”

Well we will have to wait and see how true all this is. I suspect Tamara will fade into obscurity once Kyle is no longer on her arm.

1 Culinary Boner { 07.12.10 at 6:17 pm }

Marion’s chance to pounce now?
Just think of the extra publicity this’d give her sauces.
Kyle’s nut butter anyone??

2 skye { 07.12.10 at 8:13 pm }

Gross. Everything about those two is gross. Bleurgh.

3 Gillian { 07.12.10 at 10:05 pm }

I thought I heard eliminated contestant Jason Stevens say that Carmelo Pizzino was gay in a radio interview when he was asked if Tamara had a thing with him. Maybe I was wrong or he was joking?

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that I don’t mind Tamara. I think she’s really talented and I love Scarlet Belle’s new song ‘Closure’. She also comes across as down to earth on Dancing with the Stars & I liked the fact that she invited Reigan into her house when she was staying at a backpacker’s hotel in King’s Cross.

However, it perhaps shows that their unconventional marriage didn’t work and they should have spent more alone time together. I can’t imagine that you would have much privacy with so many people in the house!

4 MolksTVTalk { 07.12.10 at 10:13 pm }

Gillian – no privacy? Maybe that’s the point.

Blah & meh. Too many bits & bytes devoted to these selfish morons.

5 Buzz { 07.13.10 at 9:16 am }

Vile, Jaber and Tacky Ho are the Aussie equivalent of Jordan, Peter Andre and other uk Chavs. Cheap (jaber) and nasty (vile).
Tacky ho is breeding! She’s the only one of the three I’ve met and I was gutted to find her self-obsessed, vain, ill-educated and rude to the waiter serving our table. Almost chewed my own arm off to leave THAT dinner party.

6 Ayitis { 07.13.10 at 12:37 pm }

Oh gawd, the thought of Kyle being single and on the market is enough for me to lock up my daughters

7 Paul { 07.13.10 at 12:40 pm }

Buzz,
Surely you didn’t have high hopes for JO before you met her?

Your description would have fulfilled my expectations of her.

How many minutes of fame does Kyle have left?
Surely it must be near the end soon. Please for the love of God.

8 Buzz { 07.13.10 at 1:17 pm }

Paul, I really did want to give her the benefit of the doubt … not being famous in any way I’m never sure how fabricated their images really are. I was actually a little shocked at how unlikeable she was in person.
I haven’t met Kyle or his (ex) wife so my comments on them are pure vitriol :)

9 Georgina { 07.14.10 at 12:00 am }

Confirmed by the SMH with a statement from Kyle’s media company.

10 Fides { 07.14.10 at 12:14 am }
11 Gillian { 08.01.10 at 3:40 pm }

@Fides: It all becomes much clearer now and maybe why Reigan broke up with her bf at the same time? Hmmm … the plot thickens!