The Ultimate School Musical – FAME – Essendon Keilor College Chosen For Production

ruby_rose-600x400Essondon Keilor College in Melbourne was the school who have won a major coup by being cast in the reality show the Ultimate School Muscial – Fame. They were chosen after an extensive Australia wide audition process.

Australia’s IT girl Ruby Rose will host the show which will follow the making of the musical of the show in all its productions stages. That is from auditions to the actual performance.

Ruby said: “Choosing the winning school was a really hard decision because so many were worthy. Ultimately Essendon Keilor College was chosen because they have a strong commitment to performing arts and proved to our producers they had the enthusiasm needed to keep focus, as well as provide the access and facilities required to produce a television series.”

The show will be shown on Fox 8 in 2010.  I would not be surprised if some talented kids is discovered throughout the show.

1 serkan { 11.18.09 at 4:46 pm }

thats my school i didnt get into the auditions but im working behind the seans

2 Reality Raver { 11.18.09 at 5:14 pm }

Fabulous look forward to watching the show.

3 Anonymous { 11.19.09 at 10:44 am }

heyeye serkannn not makinggg ittt

4 LOL { 11.20.09 at 4:12 pm }

LOL, thats my school. cbf with auditions. got photo with ruby (Y)

5 Jarene { 11.20.09 at 6:09 pm }

lol funny how mostly the comments are from our school. 😛
woohoo we win! xD

6 Lachlan B { 11.21.09 at 6:38 pm }

lol serkan… u know me, yeh? any1 else gonna post?

7 mina { 11.23.09 at 5:12 pm }

I GOT THROUGH TODAY IM SO HAPPY! cant wait to see the end result 😀

8 jord { 11.23.09 at 6:20 pm }

i got in

9 serkan { 11.23.09 at 7:45 pm }

whens the behind the seans where the acting and stuff start?

10 serkan { 11.23.09 at 7:45 pm }

does rubie rose play inthe 7 pm progect

11 anna { 11.24.09 at 5:03 pm }

i think that this is a load of shit, ruby and anthony don’t even give you a chance, they base it on your singing. If your not good enough in singing it means you can’t go through to dancing. I think it is unfair considering I didn’t get to show my dancing skills, I told them that I wasn’t a strong singer but I was a good dancer considering I have done it for 10 years they didn’t acknowledge that at all. Some kids got through because they had a good personality. I think it’s just a publicity stunt, so they can get ratings.

12 Ausking { 11.29.09 at 11:12 pm }

I know yeah, I’m a good enough dancer, practicing so hard learning new moves, and then on the day, “Its a termination process…if you can’t sing, you wouldn’t be able to audition to dance, if you can’t dance, you wouldn’t be able to audition to act”. I felt my heart and satisfaction for Fame drop dramatically. I told Ruby “i came here to dance”, Ruby Rose: “there’s more to dancing, you need to sing” & “your voice isn’t strong enough”. huh…. well hopefully next years musical will be on TV and a different audition process…:-(

13 Ausking { 11.29.09 at 11:18 pm }

:-(

14 serkan { 12.02.09 at 3:51 pm }

when i heard that i had to sing my hart pumped i didn’t know i had to sing? i thought we just chose what we wanted to do i could dance really good but i couldn’t sing! but…. i practiced on that day and sung really good but when i auditioned i struggled and didn’t know what i was doing from the excitement that i said can i start again Ruby Rose and Anthony Calea just stared at me and after a few seconds said OK then i came out of the auditions room one camera in your face one women talking to you then you enter another room and there’s another camera in your face, scary ha. It was a exciting day and it’s yet to be more exciting anyhow i didn’t get in but at least i’m helping out:)

15 serkan { 12.02.09 at 3:59 pm }

i really want to watch the fame on TV but i don’t have foxtel if anybody has foxtel can use pleazzz….. record it for me and give it to me after you have watched it any way i think it’s in march we’ll be at school in march. (right?

16 Sam { 01.22.10 at 10:39 pm }

Im shore one of the teacher will have it prb miss Clark ask her

17 mel { 01.25.10 at 10:27 pm }

it was fair. if you can’t sing in tune you can’t be taught to, and what’s the point in having triple threat performers who can’t sing? if you can sing but aren’t fantastic at dancing or acting you can be trained.

18 georgia; { 01.28.10 at 11:33 am }

i got through to the singing and then i got to the dancing but didnt make it, but its okay hey serkan how did you make it behind the scenes?

19 serkan { 02.01.10 at 6:43 pm }

ruby asked me and i said ok i will but they didnt tell me anything after that i didnt do behind the secenes it realy stupid!

20 joe { 02.10.10 at 6:56 pm }

I’m glad these kids can dance and/or sing because they sure (oops! or is that shore? ) can’t spell!

21 iLOl { 03.31.10 at 7:55 pm }

fuckin retard public school kids, your all obviously in high school and you cant spell the words : sure. scenes and others.
Christ….

22 hmmmmmm { 04.01.10 at 3:12 pm }

So let me guess…. Joe and iLOl… Your both from private schools??? That doesn’t mean that you are any better then someone in a public school… Fucking private school fucks… Take the silver spoon out of your mouth and stop depending on your parents

23 Indeed... PISS OFF!! { 04.05.10 at 8:51 pm }

yea, retarded private school kiddys, maybe you are. you can’t wipe your ass yourself so you need your parent have to do it for you. btw if your spelling “fuckin” put a ‘ behind it or “g”, and you tell us we can’t spell, tsk

24 Irony { 04.08.10 at 10:02 pm }

To iLol: I do believe you meant “you’re”. And of course they are in high school, that’s probably why it’s a school musical. I’d bet you never thought of that!
To Hmmmmm: I’m a private school girl, who most definitely does not depend on my parents. If I did, I’d be lying in a ditch somewhere. Don’t judge people based on their education. I know a lot of public school kids a lot smarter, and a lot richer, than me, who depend on their mummy and daddy a lot more than I do.
To Indeed: You also pulled the your/you’re mistake. Please don’t correct peoples horrible grammar without correcting your own. It’s quite irksome.

To Anna: It’s a musical. Generally, to be in a musical, you have to be able to sing. Sorry you didn’t make it, but it’s a fact of the theatre. The only musical you could hope to make it in without being able to sing would be The Producers. Sorry again.

Congratulations guys and girls from Essendon Keilor College. I hope it turns/turned out well! Can’t wait to see the finished product!

25 ... { 04.11.10 at 12:58 am }

All I can say is…

26 ...:P { 04.18.10 at 1:11 pm }

by the way its the net no one cares how you spell :)

27 E-Blogger { 04.19.10 at 2:30 am }

Hey was it only the east keilor campus kids who got to audition?if not i’m wondering if anyone who went to tullamarine p.s with emma laird got through? I know her and would love to pass the msg on

28 hi... { 04.20.10 at 10:32 pm }

Hi, does anyone know whether a girl named ‘Angel’ Panagopolous is going to be starring in the series?
Just curious :)

29 Ivy { 04.27.10 at 9:43 pm }

does anyone know if they are going to another school after they do this musical or does the series just end after ‘Fame’?

30 Me { 04.30.10 at 12:39 pm }

Hi people, long time reader, first time writer.

To Irony: First of all, thanks for pointing out the obvious, but you’ve ruined such a hilarious argument. Now what am i going to do to for entertainment?

To Serkan: Seriously… sean? How do you look at that and think “Oh that looks right”? I bet you’re the kind of kid who deliberately skives off class because he thinks education can’t teach him anything, and then wonders why he’s ended up doing shit all with his life. Enjoy doing monkey work for the next 30 years.

To Ivy: It depends one whether or not they find another school in Melbourne (or possibly somewhere else in Australia) that is talented enough/logistically possible to facilitate another series. My guess is no.

To anyone that knocks Public schools: Yes, they generally are all substandard and full of illiterate twats and scummers with rat tails. However, there are a few (however slim the percentage) students who are on the whole, far more intelligent and with far more character than some private school kids. I’ll not debate whether private or public is better, as it’s all down to the individual experience, not results as a whole. My fairly average high school beat the pants off a top performing private school for VCE marks in 2008. Just saying.

To people who knock on Private schools: You wish your parents could afford to take you there too. If anything they’re a bit cleaner than public schools.

To everyone who didn’t make it in the auditions: That’s life. Of course they only want you for their ratings. Do you think they decided to come down there and offer you a musical out of the goodness of their hearts? NO. They want to see the dramas, the emotional struggle, the determination to succeed. Naturally the people chosen would’ve demonstrated this. Alternatively, you could make like the failed contestants on Aussie Idol do and be so bad at singing that you get landed with a novelty recording contract to release your hit single to the world. Worse things could happen… Polio?

That is all.

31 Anonymous { 05.05.10 at 3:23 pm }

‘An extensive Australia wide audition process’?
Load of bull. By extensive, Australia wide they mean ‘Wealthier and cleaner schools and suburbs’. Just like those special tennis programs ‘initiative projects’ claim to try and spread.
I’m not debating, ‘Public VS Private’, but you don’t see them going around St. Albans or Footscray to uncover ‘talent’.

32 Ivy { 05.05.10 at 10:52 pm }

i want to be in fame, but i am like in a school in albury and nothing interesting happens here:(

33 Ang { 05.09.10 at 7:07 pm }

Does anybody know Peters full name? As for the private school and public school debate, has anybody thought that kids at private schools are given a fabulous opportunity?it should be appreciated and not taken for granted. It depends on hour personal talents. I have never seen douvh talent in the one school. Even the kids that didn’t make the cut were very talented for kids.

34 Identityfreak101 { 05.16.10 at 6:27 pm }

I think the cast will do a good job I watched the movie fame the old one or I think it might have been the new one but I love Joe Vegas go Steven. Oh ndd Carmen Diaz rules.

35 Anonymous { 05.17.10 at 10:18 am }

Steven t is the best

36 minizi { 05.23.10 at 11:08 am }

brisbane state high school is good enough (i’m going there next year)!and how i wish i had an opportunity like all of you did!!i now look up to all of you! and oh.. all the people that are good singers can you please give me some tips? thankyou!

37 duckee { 05.23.10 at 9:17 pm }

this show is so bad its not funny. A bunch of B grade celebrities trying to make a production with a bunch of high school kids; did they really expect people to pay good money to see that?

When I saw the look on the producers faces, I could not stop laughing. They were thinking did I just burn a load of money on this?

38 stuart L { 05.24.10 at 1:01 pm }

tess is gorguz !! my uncle taped it and im watchin it all now !!!

sjlissxc@hotmail.com…….!!!!!!!!!!!

39 kiss my arse { 05.25.10 at 9:59 pm }

The red haired dancer “sam” is fucking hot. I only watch it to see her… muahahaha

40 bug { 06.03.10 at 3:01 pm }

Keilor college should take responsibility for stearing away from the academics purpose of a school….especially considering some of these kids are currently in yr 12!…THen again i guess that some schools need to cater for such students who aren’t academically orientated or purpose driven…..Well done to FOX8 for selecting wisely……Which school will they choose next year?!!

41 person { 06.06.10 at 12:19 am }

YOU should do it at our school!!!

St Marys College!!

42 beckyboo :) { 06.06.10 at 7:03 pm }

well use r all great i watch yas all the time adleast yas get to show people ur talets i wish i had that chance over here lol