Beauty And The Geek – A “fake” Romance

Ok so I confirmed Corin Storkey may not be the “typical” geek, he has managed to hold down a relationship for quite sometime and have a kid (see my story about it here  and further details on the saga go to TV Tonight ). However I think Emma “Miss Congeniality” is fake as well. I have mentioned it before but she is obviously not as dumb as some of the other girls. Also I think her parents are doctors or are at least university graduates.

So it is interesting that the two “fakes” are bonding very well in the house.

Though I don’t blame her Corin looked pretty hot jumping into the spa. Did I spot a glimmer of a six pack? Apparently Emma is the beauty the geeks all like as she is good looking “naturally attractive” and the most intelligent.

The challenges tonight were a speech for the beauties, and the boys had to dress them for a day at the races.

Hadassah thought the speech might involve John Howard, because clearly politicians and reality TV is the new fad.

The beauties were teaching the geeks about fashion. Which I thought was interesting considering a lot of the girls have dubious taste. Expect a lot of micro minis.

The challenge for the boys was first they had to make a fascinator that reflected their personality, and also had to pick a dress for their beauty to model.

Kate Watehouse, and Peter Jago were the judges. Seriously what sort of taste does Peter have, he was all bling bling.

Toby’s fascinater was based on patriotism, and I thought it looked ok.

I loved Paul’s fascinator with the disco ball and wrestler. Xenogene’s had a bit of everything in it, but he is my favourite geek.

Michelle had a shark on his head to reflect Peter’s love of nature.

Corin and Lisa were runner-up in the challenge, but Emma and Jeremy won.

At this point they were definitely whipping up the Emma and Corin flirtation, they were very touchy feely.Corin likes Emma’s integrity.  And she thought “he is definitely dateable”. “They would have very smart babies,” said Lisa. I think the issue with Corin and the child is if it had been put out at the beginning of the show no one would have thought anything of it, however it appears they were trying to sweep it under the carpet. A big thanks to commenter Goofus for the tip.

Hadassah was freaking out about her public speaking challenge. Her topic was combating obesity. She finally started talking, it didn’t make sense but was vaguely amusing.

By the way was the hall where the girls were doing their public speaking the same hall where a very bad concert was held by the “talent” in My Kid is A Star (sorry I thought I had erased that show out of my head).

Jenna did not know what a republic was so said things should stay the same, not mentioning the monarchy.

Lisa is hilarious as she is so ditzy. Michelle was sweet talking about her parents.Emma won talking about the GFC and how much she spend to much on shoes.

This meant they got to nominated both teams. The teams that were nominated were Toby and Jenna, and Elise and Paul.

The boys had fashion questions to answer. I would have only been able to answer one of the questions correctly.

The girls had questions about speeches. Elise stumbled on a question about Mahatma Gandhi, so Toby and Jenna got to stay.

If you are reading this article on TV.com please come across and join the discussion and check out my blog on www.realityravings.com

1 Injera { 10.29.09 at 10:13 pm }

Only tuned in at the end but I thought the questions for the boys were much tougher than for the girls. Still, Elise’s “1972” answer for the Gandhi question was pretty damn dense!

2 Wurstsemmel { 10.29.09 at 10:58 pm }

Peter Jago looked like some kind of Elton John-Austen Powers lovechild. Pity they didnt rope in the lovely Carson. Kate Waterhouse was a true beauty – house beauties take note. Have to agree, RR, Emma is a fake. Was disappointed that Alan and Elise went. Jenne annoys the bejesus out of me.

3 par3182 { 10.30.09 at 12:09 am }

Damn, my favourite Beauty gets eliminated on the same night as my fave team loses The Race. What a crappy night of reality.

I pity the fools that had to sit through all the Beauty speeches; my head was spinning just from the snippets we heard.

If the show turns into the Corin/Emma story I’m out. As it is I’m only coming back next week for the Geek makeovers.

4 Kyvyny { 10.30.09 at 1:42 am }

And it’s all whitebread now thanks to shunting the other Asian off the screen.

This sopping over infatuation with Emma is blah blah blah. Plus, you can’t vote on the motion until it’s been seconded. So the vote doesn’t carry legit.

Corin definitely has the look of a wannabe geek, so over top his actions and reactions are it’s a wonder he doesn’t do pantomime.

5 TDK { 10.30.09 at 9:40 am }

Corin definately is faking the geeky look.
He’s wearing that stripped multi-coloured short to boost this image.
Fake!!
I don’t care if Emma is fake, she’s eye-candy.

6 TDK { 10.30.09 at 9:41 am }

Oh hang on, I remember, Corin two hands on the cheeks for a shock pose.
LOL – how cliche.

7 not a corin fan { 10.30.09 at 10:29 am }

you’ll have to make a log in to look at it, but this is what Corin really looks like: (From his “old friends” profile)

BTW, the guy is a serial womaniser, apart from living with the mother of his child for 4 years & dumping her by cheating on her, he has had a loooot of partners

8 Kyvyny { 10.30.09 at 10:44 am }

So the hamfisted Corin stays on faking while Paul has to walk? Typical way to play for TV, against the geek type and throwing in big arm movements and a child back home.

9 Dolph Ziggler { 10.30.09 at 11:34 am }

Ah…Corin is just what this show needs…
a new villian in the Chris Badenoch mode…
a fake…a charlatan… an anti-nerd…
and *shock horror* a serial shagger.
Here’s a tip for all women wronged by this fiend – sell ya story to the mags.

10 not a corin fan { 10.30.09 at 12:07 pm }

yeah, he is a serial shagger (do you think he’d answer truthfully about how many partners he’s had?), as well as a cheater & abandoned his pregnant girlfriend …

But you also have to expect when there is a kid involved it’s bad enough to have one “parent” (& I say this in quotes because I think to actually parent you have to actually be involved) acting like a total jerk in public, it’s good to have the other parent acting with a bit of dignity.

& for the record, she is not a geek.

11 sourkraut { 10.30.09 at 2:09 pm }

Dolph ziggler
you beat me to it by 2 posts. I was going to mention the new cheating, evil villain cad Darth Vader of B & the G! I wonder how much schlock horror this will generate among the seething masses of indignant femininity!

SURPRISED noone has taken Lisa’s comment about very smart cute babies to task. A famous similar quote was made by (real woman) Marilyn Monroe when she proposed to Albert einstein.
His reply was a classic. ie “what if they (the offspring) have my looks and your brain????

12 Toby { 10.30.09 at 5:33 pm }

Kyvyny, it was seconded! Just because it doesn’t make it onto the show, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen! I’ll have you know I don’t go anywhere without my copy of Joske’s Law and Procedure at Meetings in Australia. 😉

13 steph { 10.30.09 at 6:59 pm }

I know Emma, its all an ACT – she is just putting it on, thats not what she is like in real life. She has a university degree! She is FAKE!!!

14 sourkraut { 10.30.09 at 7:26 pm }

Toby
I move that the motion “lie on the table”
But voting probably lapse due to the lack of a de-quorum
aaahhh dear old Joske. The memories that brings back of meetings at the club into the wee small hours

15 Reality Raver { 10.30.09 at 8:58 pm }

Injera – Have to confess I would have struggled on the Gandhi question…

Not a Corin Fan – thanks for the link to the photo, no he does not look to geeky there. As long as the daughter is ok that is the main thing. It would be interesting to know whether the casting company knew all this about him.

Sourkraut and Dolph – there will be a new course in media studies at Uni soon, about how to handle media with reality TV stars who have left out information or fibbed on their application forms. Chris and Corin would be case studies.

Kyvyny and TDK – it does look like Corin is overplaying it. Maybe he wants a role on Home and Away after the show has finished.

Par3182 – Oh agree they must have been totally bored by the end as most appeared pretty trite.

Toby – good to know all correct processes were followed. But what I would like to know has being on the show meant the geeks have become chick magnets?

Steph – You mean a proper degree not just one bought over the internet?

16 Injera { 10.30.09 at 10:52 pm }

Ah, I wouldn’t have answered the Gandhi question correctly, I just wouldn’t have given a date that fell within my lifetime!

17 Martin { 10.31.09 at 11:02 am }

I have a suspicious feeling that ‘not a corin fan’ is a channel 7 publicity stunt. They plant people in chatrooms to create controversy about a show in order to boost ratings. Either that or a bitter ex girlfriend with a chip on her shoulder. Either way the controversy seems to be working as the ratings went up last episode heaps, hmmm suspicious i think. It is tv after all, and light hearted tv at that, i don’t see why people get so worked up over it. I still love watching it though.

18 not a Corin fan { 10.31.09 at 12:18 pm }

Martin, not a “plant”. I’ve known Corin for over 10 years, & I know he is a complete slut. It just really upsets me that he hurt the mother of his child so badly, has been a dreadfully neglectful parent & continues to humiliate his ex-partner & child by behaving as he does. It would totally gut me if he were to win.

19 Martin { 10.31.09 at 6:02 pm }

i dont respect any site that selectively removes comments from its page. I liked “not not a corin fan fan” ‘s comment, i think it was completely valid commentary and why was that removed? it had just as much “truth” behind it as any other comment made.

20 not a Corin fan { 10.31.09 at 6:32 pm }

there is a big difference between wishing someone you have never met to be hurt, & wishing that someone who has left behind a 22yo “ex”girlfriend to study & raise a child on her own while the father lives it up bigtime.

A 5 year old that has been continually let down & disappointed by her father, who tends to act as though she doesn’t even exist, is a pretty sad thing.

21 Reality Raver { 10.31.09 at 9:00 pm }

Martin – the reason the comment was removed was the person wished ‘not not corin was hit by a bus. If you think it is reasonable for someone to write that in a comment, then I really could not give a flying fuck what you think about my blog.

22 Gillian { 11.01.09 at 10:01 am }

I am really enjoying this show. I do agree that Corin and Emma should not be on the show. They have taken this opportunity away from people like Allan who was on there for the right reasons. The way Corin flirts with Emma and asked her to the races made me throw up a little. It’s quite obvious that he has no problem at all talking to girls and asking them out and he almost seemed sleazy. It’s quite deceptive.

23 Gillian { 11.01.09 at 10:44 am }

P.S. Good for you RealityRaver for removing that obnoxious comment. I cannot stand blogs that are not moderated well.

24 sourkraut { 11.01.09 at 1:44 pm }

Hopefully neither Corin nor emma win this show, but you must admit, a little bit of devilry has added to the general interest in the show. As someone above said, there probably are people from the relevent channels stirring things up deliberately. BUT I ASSURE I AM NOT ONE OF THEM!

25 norm { 11.11.09 at 2:52 am }

bigest load of shit i have ever seen on tv i even turn the add for it off should be called cheap sluts and the wankers
please send me an e mail when its over so i can watch 7 again.

26 angelo { 12.07.09 at 3:31 pm }

Lots of pictures of the gorgeous Emma in swimwear.

27 angelo { 12.07.09 at 3:32 pm }

did not put the link in sorry, here it is: