Beauty And The Geek – “Fake” Geek Corin Storkey Has A Daughter

Corin Storkey

Now I know what you are thinking that nice guy geek Corin must be a fast worker in the Geek household, but no his procreation activities do not involve any of the beauties.

Channel Seven this morning confirmed to Reality Ravings that Corin Storkey the 28 yearold chemist has a daughter.

Corin’s geek bona fides have already raised the suspicions of regular reality TV viewers who accused him of not being geeky enough. Nine MSN had this article where it states Corin was a fake geek.

The article said:

“I think Corin may have been pulling the wool over our eyes,” host Bernard Curry told ninemsn.

“He is a little more coordinated and savvy with the ladies than he liked to let on.”

The article also states the rest of the geeks are the “genuine article”.

Well he obviously has been able to get a bit of horizontal dancing happening with the mother of his daughter. Whether you have to be a virgin to be a geek is something that could be debated. However the basis of this show is to see the transformation of these “geeks” into more confident and socially functioning young men. Corin would appear to not need as much mentoring as the others.

Also whether the casting agents and production company were aware of his past and that he was not what would be deemed as your stereotypical geek is unknown.

Obviously the show’s producers want the best mix of characters to ensure an entertaining and engaging show, and with Beauty and the Geek getting around the one million mark for ratings, this is a fairly successful reality TV show.

However whether viewers will become sceptical about  a show that does have some very engaging and sweet young men is yet to be seen. I think chances of Corin winning the show are now pretty slim.

If you are reading this article on TV.com please come across and join the discussion and check out my blog on www.realityravings.com

1 Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella { 10.28.09 at 4:03 pm }

This reminds me of when I heard that Bridget on Playboy Mansion was married! I mean her husband has really got to be open minded right? 😛

2 Wurstsemmel { 10.28.09 at 4:38 pm }

Guess he’s not quite as uncoordinated as he’d have us think!

3 sourkraut { 10.28.09 at 9:01 pm }

Is Storkey his real name, or was it borrowed from an excellent cultured sensitive Australian movie made in the 70s (I think) called Stork? (wherein the genteel way to eat oysters naturale was exquisitely demonstrated)

4 Leon { 10.28.09 at 11:49 pm }

It’s time, the producers get serious and give Corin the boost!!!

Unfortunately, to the producers, the show rating is more important than fussing over the legality of Corin being a real geek as defined by the producers themselves.

5 Beauty and the Fake? | nyn9 com { 10.29.09 at 10:01 am }

[…] Seven confirmed to Reality TV fansite Reality Ravings that Storkey had fathered a child -which kinda casts doubt on his supposed lack of social […]

6 par { 10.29.09 at 11:24 am }

How does this hurt his chances? Surely the show was filmed months ago and has been won or lost by now?

7 Leon { 10.29.09 at 4:51 pm }

Enough of excuses from the show’s producers!! The casting of Corin is a scandal in the eyes of the audience. The producers must act now. Minimise the fallout by removing Corin from the show!!!

8 goofus { 10.29.09 at 7:33 pm }

& he broke up with her “around the time when she got pregnant” , after a four year relationship?

Top guy!

9 Beauty And The Geek – A “fake” Romance | reality ravings { 10.29.09 at 9:54 pm }

[…] has managed to hold down a relationship for quite sometime and have a kid (see my story about it here  and further details on the saga go to TV Tonight ). However I think Emma “Miss […]

10 Pam { 10.30.09 at 10:38 am }
11 Culinary Boner { 10.30.09 at 11:44 am }

Nice trip down memory lane there Sourkraut.
Stork! A reminder of the many excellent filums this proud nation used to crank out during the Alvin Purple era. None of this pseudo artistic wankery that passes as Aussie cinema nowadays. Just tits, drooling blokes, peroxide blondes, cigarettes, more tits and, of course, Bruce Spence. Clearly a world that many of the geeks would be secretly yearning for. Now where did I stash my old copies of Australasia Post?

12 sourkraut { 10.30.09 at 2:29 pm }

Culinary B
I’m surprised you remembered them but I give you a B+ for the descriptions. I seem to recall also the filumistically adroit Barry Mackenzie (starring Gough) and I think there was also one where Les Patterson (the OZ Minister for the Yartz) saved the world. YEP, T & A that was the go in the good old days.
PS I (Surprisingly ha ha) have a largish collection Of Australasia Post mags. Ah the nostalgia it’s all flooding back

13 Culinary Boner { 10.30.09 at 4:34 pm }

Sourkraut, v glad to hear you have a stash if Australasia Post. This underrated mag made my dreaded visit for my montly haircut, as a teenager in the 1970s, bearable. Especially as the barber went by the supremely ironic name of Mod Hair Ken. It was always an added pleasure to have to wait for an extensive period so you could spend more time with the mags. The haircuts themselves were always depressing. This, of course, did not improve until I discovered the joys of female hairdressers and pleasures of pre-cut shampoos and head massages. As with most things in life this is now going full cricle again, due to the receeding hairline, back to getting buzz cuts from blokes. Can’t help but wonder what happened to Mod Hair Ken. Probably dead from prostate cancer. Must apologise to Raver for hijacking her site for puerile old fart nostalgia.

14 sourkraut { 10.30.09 at 11:27 pm }

Culinary Boner
They weren’t all T&A in that mag either. There was actually some interesting stuff, but I still remember my fave cover girl was Julie Ismay I think it was.
Re the hair. I gave up worrying yonks ago, $8 haircuts and a comb over. Wonder if the geeks have $8 haircuts.

15 Anonymous { 10.31.09 at 3:20 am }

Im not sure why everyone wants him removed from the show (which has already been filmed anyway). How does this make him any less of a geek?

16 Rod { 11.07.09 at 1:34 pm }

Yeah right because the show on its very first edition in Australia won’t examine its contestants and check their backgrounds.
Come on, check the interviews, Corin had never ever said he was virgin… And even though, from start he said he was on this show because of the ladies… If the producers were looking for ‘inept geeks’ and ‘intellectually challenge beauties’ that doesn’t make ’em totally retards?

17 kandalama hotel sri lanka booking { 03.19.13 at 2:42 pm }

What i don’t realize is actually how you’re now
not really a lot more smartly-preferred than you might be now.
You’re very intelligent. You know thus considerably in relation to this matter, produced me in my opinion imagine it from so many varied angles. Its like women and men don’t
seem to be fascinated except it is one thing to accomplish with
Girl gaga! Your individual stuffs nice. Always deal with it up!

18 Daisy { 03.19.13 at 3:48 pm }

Anyone who read the Kandalama Hotel Booking, I have to disagree emphatically re the Queens Hotel Kandy. It was my worst Hotel experience EVER, and I’ve stayed in a few rough ones in India and China on occasions.
The problem is it is outside the Temple of the Tooth and the loud speakers point in at the Hotel. From 4.00am and again for 2 hours in the afternoon, the drumming and wailing is unbearable. Woken at 4.00 am each morning I just thought OK, I’ll just read, but it was so loud, even that was unpleasant. At least in the afternoons we would leave that end of the street altogether.

I love the old Galle Face in Colombo. It’s a bit rough but makes up for it with space and grandeur. Also in Colombo the Casa Colombo is a fantastic find. Outside of Colombo, most hotels are well below par compared to Thailand, Malaysia and Bali. But the place itself is a lot less touristy and more pleasant than somewhere like Bali or Phuket.
The beaches aren’t as nice as you’d expect. Many of them are dangerous and scary.

19 Izobel2 { 03.19.13 at 5:08 pm }

Hey Daisy this was the first post I ever read on RR!
It’s 3 and a half years ago!
And I’ve been visiting every day since!

20 Daisy { 03.19.13 at 5:48 pm }

How’bout that. BB last year was my first.
It’s funny where people turn up. I noticed CB is here too.

Did you see Dr Phil been behaving like a bit of a bully a couple of times lately?

21 Izobel2 { 03.19.13 at 5:55 pm }

Yes Dr Phil hasn’t been himself lately.

Did you see they’re playing Ashley’s season AGAIN on Go!!!
For goodness sake put the other seasons on! It’s like they’re on a 3 season loop on weekdays on Go!!! So lucky for you, you get to see William and his roast again! I think it might be tomorrow’s ep! Like we don’t already know it word for word!!

22 Daisy { 03.19.13 at 6:03 pm }

I love Ashley and JD. She was so real. But I would have to get amnesia before I could watch it again. I like the suspense.
I was barracking for JD.

I hated Courtney, and thought Ben was a sap for not seeing through her. Was Crazy Melissa in that season? I might just take a peek or two to refresh my memory. I really liked that beautiful Casey in that season.
I also really liked that rich girl runner up when Emily won last seaon’s Bach. Most of them look super rich don’t they?