Apparently Penny Higgs Did Not Want To Leave SYTYCDA

InΒ my usual glance at the weekly gossip mags I noticed an article in NW which said Penny did not want to leave the competition but was forced to leave.

She said the first doctor she saw said she could continue dancing with her strained rib. However the producers said she had to get a second and third opinion. It was the third opinion who said she should not dance injured.

In the article she said if it had been her choice she would have stayed in the competition.

This will give fuel to the conspiracy that once the prize of dancing on the US SYTYCD show was announced the judges did not want Penny to win as her technique was not as good as the other dancers.

1 KC { 03.30.09 at 6:27 pm }

Even though there might be a conspiracy, the fact that Penny was injured is reason enough for her to leave the competition because I thought what Jason said was very relevant. If Penny was injured, then all the guys would be more careful in lifting her and thus that might ruin the flow of the dancing.

But I seriously do hope that this year’s best dancer will represent Australia in US. Then everyone would know that Australia has talented dancers just like the US πŸ˜€ And I hope that person will be Talia because since she developed more confidence in her dancing, she’s been AMAZING. I would say better than Amy as well. Maybe that’s just me being bias though πŸ˜€

2 Anonymous { 03.30.09 at 7:06 pm }

If Penny didn’t want to leave and would have chosen to stay with those injuries, then she is even ditzier than I thought she was. SYTYCD isn’t the whole world. If she stayed on she would have risked permanent damage and her entire dance career. What a fool.

3 bella vita { 03.30.09 at 7:09 pm }

Penny knew this was her one and only chance to remain in the spotlight… especially after watching the exit clips again last night…how horrible would it have been to see her make those ugly tranny faces on american tv?

4 Reality Raver { 03.30.09 at 9:21 pm }

KC – It would have been difficult for Penny to do the routines particularly last weeks disco routine.

Anon and Bella Vita – Agree and agree.

5 leanne { 04.10.09 at 9:54 pm }

You guys are ridiculous. I know penny, she actually learnt the disco routine and she was fine, except she was stopped after the first day of rehearsals due to insurance and duty of care issues. How can you make comment to such issues you don’t even know about. you guys are just guessing. far out , I can’t believe how nasty some people are. you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

6 Prudence { 04.10.09 at 11:08 pm }

I actually know Penny could not dance as she was at risk of puncturing an implant not a rib!

7 leanne { 04.13.09 at 12:06 am }

haha! penny will actually love that. her boobs are real so its quite flattering that people may think that!

8 emily { 07.13.09 at 9:20 pm }

gosh people are so rude. like you guys could do any better. Penny is amazing…she has a heart of gold and she is an awesome dancer…and you should respect every dancer who gets on that stage because they have all worked so hard to get to where they are at. you guys are horrible. and leanne- i agree on both parts=]