Mia Michaels Uber SYTYCD Choreographer Is Coming To Oz

miamichaels2editMia Michaels is coming to Australia and will be teaching dance workshops in the major cities. How freaking fantastic is that?

Nigel Lythgoe in a previous interview indicated Mia Michaels may appear on So You Think You Can Dance Australia. The first workshops are in Sydney on the second and third of May. Full details here.

Also don’t despair if you cannot dance as they are selling audience tickets at $50 a pop. Also you can pay $50 to have your photo taken with her – not sure how I feel about that, but I suppose it is an opportunity for some fans to get up close and personal.

1 Anonymous { 04.03.09 at 12:25 am }

mia to choreograph talia plz!

did you notice the workshops are $275 PER PERSON. geeeeeeeeze. wade’s weren’t that much.

2 Reality Raver { 04.03.09 at 9:38 am }

No I missed the $275 per person. I was to busy being gobsmacked about the $50 for a photo.

I have to confessed if I was a dancer I would cough up the cash.

3 Culinary Boner { 04.03.09 at 1:10 pm }

Has this image been Photoshopped or has Mia had some work. Her professional work is superb and she is one hell of a talent. Why the need to present a dolled-up image?

4 Reality Raver { 04.03.09 at 1:14 pm }

Culinary boner – I think she looks hot, in fact if ever on Rove and they ask me who I would turn for question, I would say Mia.

She is an lesbian icon, but apparently she is straight. Still a Mardi Gras float in her honour would be super cool.

5 bella vita { 04.03.09 at 6:36 pm }

great to see some real pros with credentials doing workshops for a change. In case anyone doesnt know, most of the performing arts school across Oz offer workshops with their crap teachers for up to $300 for a day, so i dont think this cost is anything to cry about.

6 Anonymous { 04.03.09 at 10:28 pm }

seriously, bella vita?

7 bella vita { 04.04.09 at 11:25 pm }

yep im serious…
do a search on any of the holiday or summer school dance workshops that the dance and performing arts schools put on and they are charging ridiculous amounts of money for a day with a couple of different teachers

8 Anonymous { 04.05.09 at 3:32 pm }

ugh, i’d only pay that much if it was at the australian ballet school or something.

i’d rather pay $300 for four hours with mia than for an entire day with some suburban performing arts school!

9 Anonymous { 04.19.09 at 3:33 pm }

There are rumours that Mia isn’t coming to Australia now. :( Not sure what’s going on…

10 Reality Raver { 04.19.09 at 5:04 pm }

Anon – Oh this is so not good, obviously the ticket sales for her workshops were not selling. I wish I had stumped up the $50 for a photo. Would have been worth it just to see her choreograph a routine on SYTYCDA. Disappointing.

11 | reality ravings { 04.19.09 at 11:06 pm }

[…] By the way Mia’s trip to Australia has been cancelled. (See the second last comment in this blog post.) […]

12 Gobsmacked { 05.20.09 at 10:07 pm }

Yeah it has been cancelled.
Lots of people complaining about not getting their money back here: http://dancelounge.com.au/2009/mia-michaels-workshop