SPOILER ALERT: Link To Supposed Winner Of MasterChef Australia

I accidentally stumbled across this blog which claims to know the winner if you want to find out click here.

Please note I cannot vouch for the veracity of the information. And if you are not going to click the link, it probably is not a good idea to click on the comments.

1 CG { 07.18.09 at 12:20 am }

While any spoiler at this stage has a 50/50 chance of being correct…I don’t buy this source. The piece starts saying Poh won but then goes on to say why Poh “should” win. Poh may very well be the winner but this is not an inside source IMO.

2 Chefette { 07.18.09 at 2:38 am }

It’s obviously still speculation if you keep reading down the page… Just an attention-seeking headline i figure, not a reliable source at all

3 Jacqui { 07.18.09 at 10:19 am }

I also read the same awhile ago on the Behind Big brother forums

4 Kitt { 07.18.09 at 1:26 pm }

I’m inclined to think Julie wins with this tabloid subterfuge. Plus that cookbook idea of hers would hit the shelves might fast if the supermarkets have any influence on this apparent chef talent quest come big brother rip-off rubbish.

5 Kyvyny { 07.18.09 at 3:09 pm }

Doesn’t matter who wins in the show, we all lose just the same. And isn’t that what really matters to Fremantle and the book publisher?

That open post tomorrow better crack open early, looks like it’s going to be a firestorm.

6 Wurstsemmel { 07.18.09 at 3:34 pm }

Poh dear. I hope not. I don’t think either Poh or Julie deserve to be in the final but, given the two, I’ll plump (no pun intended) for Julie. I can’t get past the fact that Poh was lucky to even make the cut and had to be given a second chance. The judges should have told her to go away, practice and reaudition next year.

I do love Poh’s art, though at $6000 a piece, I’ll just have to admire. All her works seem sold so Masterchef has done her a pretty big favour art wise.

7 BB { 07.18.09 at 4:25 pm }

Wurstsemmel I believe Poh has a large exhibition of her work scheduled around November this year.
She really should stick to painting and cooking, I really cannot see her acting career taking off.
Trailer|Jackie’s Spring Palace (2009)|Poh|Waitress

8 Wurstsemmel { 07.18.09 at 4:34 pm }

Ha! Good find, BB. No Pohscar award winning performance there.

Thanks for the tip about the exhibition.

9 Anonymous { 07.18.09 at 5:03 pm }

Eh, say what you like about Poh having one or two second chances, but Julie has had HEAPS more. Poh ftw, I say. I’m happy that my two favourites – Julia and Justine – are the real winners, with lots of experience under top chefs at various restaurants (Lucas didn’t have quite as long as Julia, and Peter Evans seemed to train Julia to a greater extent than Manu with Lucas, so that’s why I don’t include Lucas).

Trust me – hardly anyone takes this show seriously in the industry. Absolute trash. If they want any hope of having more industry people on the show next season, Poh best win, because Julie is the biggest joke in the food industry right now. And her book would not sell well compared to the plethora of way better home recipe books out there. Woman’s Day is more innovative than Julie.

/rant

10 Injera { 07.18.09 at 5:56 pm }

From the list of people credited at the bottom of the clip, the Yeow family is well represented. I wonder how much screen time she has.

Agree with others here, whoever “wins” this, it’s a hollow victory. Wonder if viewer reaction will be taken into account by those responsible? In a way, it’s a real loss for decent television that it has delivered such strong ratings – just goes to show that the alternatives are dire… and that a halfway decent effort will get results. Guess that’s not much of a motivation for TV execs to put in more than a 50% effort, is it?

Kyvyny – looking forward to one last hurrah on the open post tomorrow!

11 T.S { 07.18.09 at 8:15 pm }

Anonymous you go on a lot about “the industry”. If you’re such a big part of it why are you always on this thread and not in the kitchen, and why hide behind the name anonymous. You’re constantly saying “trust me”. why should we when we don’t even know who you are.

12 Anonymous { 07.18.09 at 8:41 pm }

T.S – Feel free to believe me or not, that’s totally up to you. I’m not a big part of the industry and have never made out like I am – in previous posts I have said that I don’t work in the industry anymore, but still remain in contact with those who are (the Melbourne industry, anyhow).

My posts are more rants than trying to “spill the beans”, I”ll refrain from using those terms in the future!

Btw, you might be mixing me up with another Anonymous, I’ve noticed there’s a few around here. Interesting how MasterChef has cracked through an audience of all sorts, regardless of what credibility each of us thinks it has… I wish it were more like Masterchef UK, but it’s obviously been successful in this form or it wouldn’t have the ratings it has…

13 Anonymous { 07.18.09 at 8:43 pm }

Oops, sorry for the ramble! And just when I said I would try not to do it anymore! lol

14 Lolly { 07.19.09 at 2:27 pm }

There’s also one like that on the same site for Julie that was written the day afterwards.

15 Kyvyny { 07.19.09 at 7:48 pm }

Young and Grumpy like to cover all their bases. But they really do need to write the one up where Sam is declared the Masterchef.