My Kitchen Rules – Kooky Carly And Tresna Know How To Cook

My Kitchen Rules have hit the mother lode with the amount of annoying people they have managed to cram around a dinner table. Chloe and Kelly are back. Kelly with her cheshire cat grin said she was going to play nice but what she  meant was play nice to the diners around the table. The girls have realised that was part of the reason they scored so low in their first instant restaurant round.

Chloe took an instant dislike to Anna the 26 year old food critic from Sydney. It suggests Anna and her mother Cathy are being set up to be the villains of this round. Anna looks likes her idol is Gywneth Paltrow and aspires to have a pretentious blog like Goop. Currently she is a Senior Editor at Best Restaurants and to show she is on trend she bagged out dude food saying it was a cliche and tacos which admittedly both those cuisines have over run the Harbour City. The question is will she serve up Peruvian food at her instant restaurant which is meant to be the next big thing?

It is unlikely, as she is cooking with her mother who definitely has the twin set and pearls vibe about her and would see BBQ as something beneath her. And she already has become a reality TV cliche saying we are not here to make friends. Mildy ironic considering in this article from the weekend they said they were on the show to make friends.

It was another of the intruders cooking tonight, Tresna and Carly they were from NSW and their instant restaurant was called “Inspire”. Carly spoke like she had inhaled a whole shelf of New Age books, it was all about positivity and blessings. Thankfully Tresna was there to balance kooky Carly out and also do most of the cooking. Even though Carly was the Home Economic teacher, Tresna was the one who had responsibility for the entree and main as well as stepping in when things got a little crazy.

The other intruder team are Josh and Danielle who have left their jobs as medical reps to follow their food dream. They seem palatable which can sometimes mean bland.

David and Corinne were back with David becoming the whipping boy for the WA girls and Harry and Christo. In fact David was one of the lesser annoying characters tonight whilst Corinne was mainly mute for the whole episode.

Harry finally displayed some culinary knowledge by saying that Anzac Biscuits were made out of oats.

Carly and Tresna had a fairly sophisticated menu they started off with Beetroot Tart with Goats Cheese Mousse, followed by Beef Fillet with Beetroot and red wine discs, and Red Wine Jus. The dessert was Caramel Devine a over the top multi layered caramel concoction.

They appeared to arrive back from the shops after their three hour cooking time commenced but they were fairly efficient in the kitchen except for the fact that Tresna thought she was cooking for fifty people. She made two giant bowls of Butterscotch custard which they would have used two cups of.

Since Tresna does not like goats cheese she mixed it with cream cheese to decrease its flavour something Pete Evans commented on. He did think the tart was gorgeous but criticised them for their undressed rocket on the plate. Manu thought the pastry was not buttery enough and not enough cheese mousse.

Anna was not happy she did not have a fork and Chloe and Kelly were critical saying she should have just shared with her mum instead of making a fuss.  If that had happened to them they would have made of voodoo doll of the people whose restaurant it was.

Something only David whinged about was the Beef Fillet main. It looked delicious with a generous cut of well cooked beef teamed with a sauce that Manu described as the best sauce he had tasted this series. David said the gravy did not have enough seasoning and he thought he could do a better one. You would think by now he would know not to talk himself up.

The Caramel Devine looked delicious in the glassware but it was a sugar overload partly due to Carly doing a Uel and losing track of how much sugar she had put in the Brownie.

Both judges criticised them for this.

The scores:

Chloe and Kelly – 7

Josh and Danielle Vic – 7

Harry and Christo Vic – 7

David and Corinne – 6

Cathy and Anna – 5

Total score of 32.

Manu gave them a 7 for entree, 8 for main, and a 6 for dessert and Pete gave them a 7 for entree, 9 for main, and a five for dessert.

They got a grand total score of 74 so chances are Carly and Tresna are here to stay. Tomorrow night Chloe and Kelly are back in the kitchen. Will they improve on last time?

My Kitchen Rules on SEVEN Monday to Wednesday night at 7,30pm and Sunday at 6.30pm.

1 PollyB { 02.17.14 at 11:41 pm }

I like this pair, they seem down to earth and can cook. I just want to see WA have an EPIC fail tomorrow. I’m not sure which one of those two snivelling bitches is worse.

2 Gidgitvonlarue { 02.17.14 at 11:58 pm }

I can’t help but really dislike all this ‘new age’ ‘think positive and good things will come’ crap (maybe because I’m a cynical old bitch). Both are innocent enough but Carly makes me want to put her in prison to take some of that god damn sunshine and happiness out of her!

The main looked fantastic – actually all their food was pretty good – especially compared to MOST of the meals we’ve seen served up!

Tis a bit sad that being ‘nice and normal’ on this show gets you no media compared to being an annoying asshole. But hey – they are the interesting ones I guess and more fun to tweet to. That’s all I care about – unless my friend and I get on the show next year in which case I’m banning twitter from Australia!!! ;)

3 brain dead dave { 02.18.14 at 12:13 am }

I feel like asking the universe for Chloe and Kelly to fuck off but I know the producers won’t let it happen just yet.

The girls cooked really well but the positivity preaching is already wearing thin.It sure didn’t get the Sugar Sisters on Big Brother far.

It’s a pie in the sky load of crap. Tell it to the millions of people living in ghettos or dying of starvation. The countless thousands of sexually abused children were probably thinking positively before the shit hit the fan for them,too.

4 techhater { 02.18.14 at 12:15 am }

My Desi was in raptures to finally see some BEEF on the menu.

5 Maz { 02.18.14 at 12:37 am }

Watching them sieve the egg whites out with their fingers was disgusting.

Also the sugar…if you know there is a possibility you are going to lose count why don’t you measure it out in one hit then gradually add. CSR must be pissed that the contestants are constantly criticised for using too much of their product (its never Coles brand sugar which is the culprit).

The other thing I have noticed is all the teams seem to have a Dettol product in the kitchen with the label convenient facing the camera. Gotta love product placement.

I am just hoping that someone goes stuff this and goes into a Woolworths as Coles doesn’t have their required ingredients.

6 Windsong { 02.18.14 at 12:53 am }

I don’t mind a bit of positive thinking, but I can’t help but scoff a little at, “I believe the Universe responds to positive people!” I believe in the Loch Ness monster, but I don’t expect him to knock on my door and clean my bathroom for me.

I think it says a lot about the gate-crashers when David became the *least* annoying person, onscreen, for that episode.

I honestly didn’t mind the hippie girls. They seem pleasant enough, if a little too … optimistic for my tastes.

Neither of the WA girls mentioned the 8 continents and 200 countries they’ve visited, so there’s that. I think if they tone it down just a fraction, they’ll become entertaining.

The gastronomers (really?) seem bland, but inoffensive so far.

The mother and daughter look super-duper pretentious. Interestingly enough, I got the impression that they were scheduled to cook last. That saved Chloe and Kelly, but didn’t help Jess and Felix. And the one common theme of MKR is “overconfidence is the fastest route to total failure”, isn’t it?

7 Zhee { 02.18.14 at 7:07 am }

Cyndi Lauper’s lovechild and her tiny friend (they both have really weird eyebrows) put up a yummy menu. I think they could have been judged a bit better but I think they will stay in the competition. Didn’t mind their positivity crap too much. But hell, those meat portions were supersized.

Yikes, the mother-daughter couple annoys me already. Btw, has there ever been a mother-daughter pairing surviving the instant restaurant rounds? They usually bomb out and I think this year they will fail as well. But hopefully less than David and Corinne. If the old creep and his girlfriend will be eliminated I’ll be happy. If nnot, fast forward and mute will be my best new friends.

8 Littlepetal { 02.18.14 at 8:35 am }

According to Manu one of the bottom 3 teams cooked worse than in their first instant restaurant. I know which team it is but you can guess.

9 Gabby { 02.18.14 at 9:02 am }

Littlepetal I so hope it’s David, please let it be David. That being said it wouldn’t surprise me which of the three couples it is.
That beef looked beautiful, Tresne knows how to cook her meat. Shame they missed out with the dessert.
Looking forward to seeing how snooty mum and daughter go.
Kelly and Chloe are still Bogan pains in the backside.

10 Andrea { 02.18.14 at 9:10 am }

The hippie/peace/positivity thing was a bit overdone, and I thought that Carly would have been super organized with her timing and measurements etc since she is a cooking teacher at a school and should be used to it.
Tresme’s name is similar to the hair shampoo Tresemme so that’s what I kept thinking every time her name was said.
They seem nice, likeable girls though, better than the snobby mum and daughter.

11 Culinary Boner { 02.18.14 at 9:24 am }

Can someone from 7 tell me when the Tantric dessert challenge is on?*

As New Age, Wiccan babes go, I’ll take Fiona Horne over Hippie and her side-kick, Drippie, any day.

Though back to the cooking sub-plot, that beef did have me drooling.

Most annoying last night were, sad to say, from NSW – Lady Penelope Catsbottom-Pout and her offspring, Princess Skanky.

I never knew the universe had so many annoying people.

* Manu and Pete are too shy to ask.

12 Ryan { 02.18.14 at 9:30 am }

- Those poor pugs!

- David is a wanker. That is all.

- If you say you’re a positive person, why do you need positive affirmations all over the place?

- Hilarious moment between David and Corrine about mood rings. It emphasised their age difference whilst also showing common ground, because everything that goes out of fashion comes back at some point anyway.

13 georgietake2 { 02.18.14 at 9:37 am }

I like Carly and Tresme, sure the positive affirmations can be a bit much, but what a nice change from “We’re just AwesomeCooks!” and snarky comments about the competition. They can actually cook, so maybe the Kookiness is played up for TV?

14 Littlepetal { 02.18.14 at 9:38 am }

I know David is annoying but sometimes I think he said those things just to get some reaction from the others. Still mild compare to Sophia and Ashlee. Those 2 were nasty.

15 loveaspoiler { 02.18.14 at 9:57 am }

oooh littlepetal – such a tease – can’t you give us just a hint of who bombs this round? Hoping it’s not the Vic boys…

16 PoRk ChOp { 02.18.14 at 10:13 am }

It’s crystal clear that David wouldn’t know his arse from his elbow, but you would think he’d have his jus/”juzz”/gism sorted out by now.

During their “Instant Restaurant,” I hope the super pretentious mother/daughter duo, burn down, not only their kitchen, but the entire “manor,’ and surrounding feudal lands. “I sometimes call myself the lady of the manor!” Well, maybe she will “just let them eat cake.” Or alternatively, David’s arse or elbow sans “juzz,” could be the “hero” of their main.

17 Culinary Boner { 02.18.14 at 10:29 am }

Juzz, as it was, back in David’s and my day (old farts that we be):

(Whenever Manu whines about the lack of sores I’m always reminded of this classic Warner Bros cartoon and the final revenge scene – “This time we didn’t forget the gravy”)

18 georgietake2 { 02.18.14 at 11:18 am }

CB – thank you for that! It is one of the best cartoons!

19 Smythe { 02.18.14 at 12:20 pm }

Jack & trophy and Cheshire cat & her “catty” friend are just there for the laughs and I don’t mean laughing with them but laughing at them. The faux Lady and Princess were snooty and irritating.

All the positivity didn’t irritate me that much and there was one part where Carly forgot about “Inspire” “Be positive” “Smile” or whatever other mantras she uses and very briefly threw off her positive cloak. She must be a follower of “The Secret” with the book as her Bible. C & T did seem organized and their food went over well. With Carly being a cooking teacher, I would’ve expected them to do well.

20 Bel { 02.18.14 at 12:32 pm }

Agree with you all- that positive affirmation shite is tiring. I actually liked Capt Jack for saying it’s like a hippy sales conference (I bet he’s been to many, many sales conferences).

The kooky gals did pretty well hey, getting that beef right x 12 deserves some points. Messing up their calcs that badly was painful though- I wondered what the hell they were going to do with 100 eggs. I too suck at math, but even I can manage basic arithmetic like “times this b y 4″.

The VIC gastronomy/science-y team already shit me b/c you just KNOW they’re going to use liquid nitrogen (at least they do in the promos). I’m in Vic and you can’t get that stuff without a license. My partner once drove miles to get some for work, on boss’ instructions, with letter from boss & photocopies of drivers’ license etc- and they wouldn’t hand it over b/c DP wasn’t the license-holder. Maybe he should’ve said he was from Ch7.

The ‘lady of the manor’ gatecrasher shits me already- she’s a bit like my mum with her delusions of grandeur (“we live on a property” etc) so I’m primed & ready to hate her.

Chloe & Kelly tonight will do just well enough to stay in- they’ve garnered too much publicity thus far to be shunted out.

21 ziii { 02.18.14 at 12:33 pm }

I didn’t mind Carly and Tresne. They seemed really organised and their positive thinking was ……. interesting!

I thought Anna the “food” critic was more so an editor at the website? I thought she just er edits the reviews that comes in? She seems to think she’s the female version of Matt Preston.

The beef did look good, I noticed that they picked it up from a butcher instead of Coles.

Still can’t stand Chloe and Kelly. I know being from Perth I should support my home team, but they’re just an embarrassment.

22 Littlepetal { 02.18.14 at 12:46 pm }

Anna also does restaurants reviews.

23 daisy { 02.18.14 at 1:00 pm }

CB @11. Cooking subplot : :lol:

Littlepetal. Jack doesn’t bother me. I agree that he is pulling legs most of the time.
He might even have said juss and gravy jusy to keep it real.

CB agree last nights Sugar Babes could take the level of Pollyanna positivity game down a notch. Old movie viewers will know Hayley Mills in Pollyanna with her glad game was the new age prototype.
I’m thankful there are no Thomas and Carlas in this mob. Wether I like them or not, none of them annoy me.

24 daisy { 02.18.14 at 1:06 pm }

CB@17. That’s how I like my gravy.

25 Rosie { 02.18.14 at 1:40 pm }

Littlepetal @8 – it HAS to be Harry and Christo. Or more precisely, Harry. Poor bugger seems to be a nice enough bloke, but cook? Nuh uh. Why oh why did Christo choose him? He had to have known that he was hopeless in the kitchen. Should have taken his mum, his auntie, his grandma, shit, his dog would have done a better job than poor bloody Harry.

Last night’s wasn’t too bad, apart from the excruciating at times New Age crap. Didn’t really make much difference in the end anyway. I’d have thought the universe would have helped keep track of all that sugar. *slaps self for being bitchy*

26 Culinary Boner { 02.18.14 at 2:48 pm }

In Jack’s and my day it was the car key lucky dip at the end of the dinner party as opposed to this New Age nonsense: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/04/16/are-pheromone-parties-new-trend-in-biological-matchmaking/

27 daisy { 02.18.14 at 3:01 pm }

Didn’t Troy Buswell start this trend?

What’s in the bag? Crotchy undies?

28 Culinary Boner { 02.18.14 at 3:24 pm }

Not certain daisy. I reckon Troy just free-ranged the concept.

29 daisy { 02.18.14 at 3:28 pm }

Still, it shows what an innovator he is.
But then perhaps this hobby/skills has been around since undies were invented.

I love the idea of playing, “Who is this smell?”
Pew. ” I think this is BO Jan. “

30 Jay { 02.18.14 at 4:41 pm }

Surely Chloe and Kelly must be the ones to go – after all wasn’t it Chloe who said the show didn’t have room for 2 young girl teams. How could they possibly cope with both the twins and the Tassie girls.
Or maybe they’ll just realise that by 27 years old you don’t really qualify as a young girl!

31 daisy { 02.18.14 at 5:05 pm }

Hush your mouth Jay. In the 000ies you’re a young girl until you’re about 40, I think ;)

I had all my babies by the time I was 27 years old. Baby bride nowadays. :lol:

32 daisy { 02.18.14 at 5:10 pm }

And a couple of lurve children in there.

33 Georgie { 02.18.14 at 5:58 pm }
34 daisy { 02.18.14 at 6:01 pm }

Good one Georgie. Without even knowing who Cathy and Anna are, I knoe who they are now from your photo.

35 Georgie { 02.18.14 at 6:07 pm }

Well there’s 2 choices for their renaming Daisy -
Kath and Kim or Prue and Trude. :lol:

36 Littlepetal { 02.18.14 at 6:19 pm }

Hi Georgie. How are you.? You have been quite quiet here.

37 Tuppence { 02.18.14 at 6:39 pm }
38 Georgie { 02.18.14 at 6:39 pm }

Hi Littlepetal, I’m fine thanks. I haven’t been watching MKR because of the winter olympics. I saw the Asian couple at the start of group 2 and watched most of last night, so I just read the blog to keep up to date. Thanks for asking though. :-D

39 daisy { 02.18.14 at 7:01 pm }

Tuppence, so she gave Christo a 5 and Harry an 8?

40 Tuppence { 02.18.14 at 7:14 pm }

Oh, how fickle the young are!

41 daisy { 02.18.14 at 7:38 pm }

Georgie, they definitely are Tru and Prue. :roll:
Loved the snow boarding and loved the ice skating on Winter Olympics.
Who’s cooking tonight?

42 Littlepetal { 02.18.14 at 7:44 pm }

Goss Mag, New Idea also has a gods that the smiling assassin is Bree. They dont mix with the others when the camera is not on them.

43 brain dead dave { 02.18.14 at 7:44 pm }

The Cheshire Cat and her bitch friend Chloe are cooking tonight, or trying to, anyway.

I’m very much hoping it’s them who screw up again and wipe the death grimace off Kelly’s face. I’d love to see them tied to a luge and aimed at a brick wall.

Porky and Staph didn’t mix with the others much last year. I mean they are allegedly there to cook or play happy families?

44 Littlepetal { 02.18.14 at 7:45 pm }

Chloe and Kelly cooking tonight

45 Public // Health // Warning { 02.18.14 at 7:51 pm }

Kooky girl is a high school COOKING TEACHER? With dangerous knife skills? Watch the clips of the parsnip execution. Its a lesson in how not to cut – fingers at very top of cut, fingertips not rolled under, and parsnip rolling around the board.

46 Jay { 02.18.14 at 8:13 pm }

Hey daisy thanks for @31 – according to that I’m still almost young! About to start watching Chloe and Kelly tonight and have to admit to a bit of schadenfreude should they fall flat!

47 Bolders { 02.18.14 at 8:32 pm }

Did she really say their cooking is ‘fine dining refined’!!

48 Littlepetal { 02.18.14 at 8:35 pm }

She can’t say confit and doesn’t know what confit it.

49 Georgie { 02.18.14 at 8:37 pm }

But she’s been cooking it for years – badly apparently.

Carly is a real sweetie and very entertaining by the look of the laughter around the table.

50 Windsong { 02.18.14 at 8:39 pm }

Darn it, the girls are telling us how awesome they are and how well-travelled they are, again. I was gonna cut them some slack if they laid off the ego a bit, but now…?

51 Jay { 02.18.14 at 8:40 pm }

Aaaaaargh! Two minutes in and these girls have learned nothing! Here’s a hint – you can’t get a bad edit if you don’t say bitchy nasty things!!!!

52 Littlepetal { 02.18.14 at 8:42 pm }

She doesn’t even know what confit is. Might as well bake the chicken

53 Anonymous { 02.18.14 at 9:10 pm }

Next up- the Heston Blumenthal wannabes. I’m thinking foams, soils, dry ice, etc. Let’s hope no food poisoning though…although that could be kinda entertaining in it’s own way.

54 Jay { 02.18.14 at 9:14 pm }

Yep and there it is “I had it in a Michelin star restaurant.” But she knows how it should be coked better than Manu.

55 Gabby { 02.18.14 at 9:14 pm }

Bloody David, I can’t stand him, his head is so far up his backside.
And yet another person has been brought up without table manners, Josh, licking his knife, what is wrong with these people? Don’t parents teach their children the basics any more?

56 Littlepetal { 02.18.14 at 9:17 pm }

I dont mind someone do that kind of cooking as long as they are good at it. Not like Kelly. Lots of talking but no substance.

57 Jay { 02.18.14 at 9:20 pm }

Maybe it’s a prerequisite for the show to have an unshakeable faith in your own greatness regardless of your mediocrity!

58 Tuppence { 02.18.14 at 9:24 pm }

Agree with Gabby about David. He is such a dick – never has anything nice to say. Bloody wanker! Wait till he has to go another round. Hope he falls flat on his sword.

59 daisy { 02.18.14 at 9:28 pm }

Thanks BDD and Littlepetal. I had a nap to get ready for tonight’s marathon viewing. It”s all on for me tonight.
30 Rock, IYATO, MKR, The Bachette, Orphan Black and The Returned. ANd I haven’t even watched B&B or JJ yet. I might have to ration it out.
And I am trying to rec as much ice-skating as I can so I can watch the bits I like.
Anyway so far enjoying your comments on the gorgeous girls from WA.

60 Gabby { 02.18.14 at 9:36 pm }

I hope he falls on his sword too Tuppence, I can’t stand him, he drives me crazy every time he opens that stupid big gob of his. He annoys the cr#p out of me.
How he can sit there and criticise every single course that comes out, after all the shite he dished up and the time he took to deliver it.
I do believe Kelly was trying to argue with Manu about what a confit was or wasn’t. She’s another bloody pain in the butt.

61 Reality Raver { 02.18.14 at 10:04 pm }

I am starting to think David is a fake contestant as surely no one can be such a knob jockey. Tonight it was just over the top.

62 brain dead dave { 02.18.14 at 10:28 pm }

Well, tonight’s knife licking and Kelly eating with her Grand Canyon of a mouth open again. Is this what fine dining is all about?

Every horse and hyena has it’s day. They got lucky. Pig’s arse they’re “amazing cooks”. The producers want them in as long as possible for sure.

While Jack’s budgie beaked bimbo echoes every chunk of garbled shit that dribbles out of Jack’s mouth.

Only good part of the episode was when those two pretentious bitches were brought back to Earth with the scores for the main and dessert.

63 Andrea { 02.18.14 at 10:32 pm }

B&B wasn’t on here today due to the Olympics ( unless it was on at 4pm?)
Carly was trying to be cute with her complimentary sandwich and thinking the dessert had canneloni in it because she loves pasta, very funny.

64 Gabby { 02.18.14 at 10:33 pm }

RR, surely no one could be that obnoxious?

65 Littlepetal { 02.18.14 at 10:39 pm }

Can I take back my comments made earlier today? Initially I thought Capt just want to stir them up like saying gravy or just. But tonight he is getting nasty. Keep saying he can cook better blah blah blah and criticised every dish. Even a dish with 2 tens.

66 Gabby { 02.18.14 at 10:42 pm }

Yes, no B & B here either Andrea, I wish they wouldn’t do things like that.
I can’t believe Kelly was trying to argue with Manu about cooking confit. I have never known anyone cook a touch chook. They must have worked really hard to get it just right. Know it alls, know nothing.
Then when they got a five for it from the judges they still thought they deserved more.
They are delusional.

67 daisy { 02.18.14 at 10:43 pm }

Well now I can’t wait to see Captain Blackbeard.

68 brain dead dave { 02.18.14 at 10:49 pm }

Yes, I too thought Jack was stirring last night but tonight it was like he was channeling Braces.

And how bad did Corinne look again in the mini skirt tonight? Not a good choice when you’ve got legs like a rhinoceros and an arse like a water buffalo. Those atrocious saddlebags were the stuff of nightmares.

Thankfully , Carly and Anna looked just great.

69 daisy { 02.18.14 at 10:52 pm }

I have resisted saying this but Corrine has a very strange profile.

70 Littlepetal { 02.18.14 at 10:55 pm }

Must blame wardrobe department for the way they dress. I really like Carly. She laugh at herself for being silly like she may be a food tech teacher but she doesn’t know anything.

71 brain dead dave { 02.18.14 at 10:56 pm }

Yes , Trophy should just be given a plate of Trill and a piece of cuttlefish bone to munch on.

72 Littlepetal { 02.18.14 at 10:57 pm }

Corinne doesn’t say much. Just like Capt puppet. Maybe they deserve one another. Read in New Idea they are getting married.

73 Reality Raver { 02.18.14 at 10:58 pm }

BDD – I thought Carly looked like a Kewpie Doll

74 Reality Raver { 02.18.14 at 11:03 pm }

Gabby – Or that unsavvy to not know how you would be viewed. To be fair Carly also bagged out the main.

75 brain dead dave { 02.18.14 at 11:04 pm }

Something about Carly ‘s look reminds me of Bjork, too. While her offsider reminds me of Kellie Hogg from Hi 5.

I’m still waiting to read the latest No Idea about Jack and his trophy budgie getting married.

76 Georgietake2 { 02.18.14 at 11:29 pm }

What I don’t get is how stupid David must think everyone else is. Doesn’t he realise how petty and insecure he sounds? Yesterday Manu said the sauce was the best this season and David said it lacked flavour? Really? And just because Kelly’s bogan family & friends like her chicken, doesn’t mean it is cooked correctly, they know better than Manu & Pete? Just because you have eaten Michelin style food doesn’t make you a chef. Just like if you fly first class doesn’t make you a pilot. Even after they f@@ k up, they still think they are amazing cooks. Will they ever get a clue? Surely people cannot be do deluded?

77 Andrea { 02.18.14 at 11:30 pm }

Littlepetal @72, did you read where David said he is not yet divorced from his marriage that ended 12 years ago, so he’s not in that much of a hurry to marry Corinne.
He’s got two pretty good looking grown up kids as well but he says he doesn’t want any more.

78 Georgie { 02.18.14 at 11:32 pm }

Corinne needs The Jack because she doesn’t have a personality. He’s got several and they’re all obnoxious.

79 Reality Raver { 02.18.14 at 11:39 pm }

Georgie – true, but I did have a giggle when he said about Cathy and Anna I don’t know what they have been eating on the farm after they said the main was pleasant.

80 Georgie { 02.18.14 at 11:43 pm }

Gold top truffles maybe?

81 Zen { 02.18.14 at 11:50 pm }

I just love Carly especially after tonight’s episode. (Zhee #7: Cyndi Lauper’s lovechild! LMAO) “I am going to say a compliment sandwich” If it is a sandwich, then whatever the filling is, is in the middle, not on the outside. Thus, she should have sandwiched the compliment between 2 criticisms not the other way around. When you say Jam sandwich, the jam is in the middle, therefore for the compliment sandwich, the compliment should be in the middle. But anyway, she is hilarious and even Manu said so.

82 Georgietake2 { 02.18.14 at 11:51 pm }

Cathy and Anna were nicer than expected, considering how they’ve been portrayed. Kinda liking the intruders better at the moment.

83 daisy { 02.18.14 at 11:53 pm }

The dark haired gate crasher lady is very attractive.
Carly shone tonight.
I love Harry.
B&B today. Allie has stepped up the conniving.

84 TRUTH { 02.19.14 at 12:36 am }

Lots of BSers this time around, with lots of rich winey whingers’. So many Aussies really do suck these days. Kelly from WA reminds me of one of the Wallace and Grommet characters and just as irritating when she talks and smiles.

85 daisy { 02.19.14 at 4:24 am }

Zhee, I agree with you. Carly is Cindy Lauper’s kid.
BTW Cyndy L was on 30 Rock tonight, along with a few other famous singers including Nora Jones, and the great Evis Costello.

86 Zhee { 02.19.14 at 5:32 am }

Ah, saw that episode a few days ago. :) I’m currently watching Chloe and Kelly break down in their kitchen. As much as I dislike them I hope they will outcook the old creep and Corinne (what on earth did that woman do to the person that chooses the contestants’s wardrobes?). He’s getting worse each episode.
I hope they keep Tresne and Carly a bit longer on the show. They seem so normal compared to those bitchy other contestants (Harry and Christo seem ok as well, but oh dear, either Harry pretends to be dumb or he – unfortunately – really is that dumb…).

87 Zhee { 02.19.14 at 5:37 am }

Bwhahahaha, sorry, “Truffle Oil, you have to like it when you are in a cooking competition!”. Maybe we should arrange a meeting with Anthony Bourdain. :D I heard he LOVES truffle oil.

88 Gabby { 02.19.14 at 8:41 am }

RR! I was having a go at Kelly and Chloe for their bad main. It was a shocker, I mean how hard is it to cook a tender chook, everyone said their chook was tough. Yet when they received low scores from Pete and Manu for their main they were still saying they deserved more. Their main was a shocker, except for the ‘Jus’.
Carly is a cutie and she brings a bit of light and laughter to the table for once. As Manu said, we have never had anyone like you here before. Good on her, I like her and would love her and Tresne to stay in the competition for a while.
I’m determined not to let that douche bag get to me today. Dickhead.

89 Reality Raver { 02.19.14 at 8:44 am }

Gabby – David will be cooking next Monday so the anticipation will be huge by then

90 Morgan { 02.19.14 at 9:13 am }

I like Carly and Tresne! They seem like nice girls and I thought they were quite funny, especially Tresne’s anxiety fits. The main looked amazing, so I think they probably know what they’re doing in the kitchen.

91 PoRk ChOp { 02.19.14 at 1:20 pm }

Tuppence #58…I reckon that tool David, would be downing the Viagra in order to ensure his “sword” (it would definitely be more like a penknife) didn’t fall flat.

92 Aimee mason { 03.10.14 at 11:17 am }

Vote them off Cathy and Anna they can’t cook well leave Cathy alone
She is grow woman not her help Anna need to back off from aimee mason