The Amazing Race – Oman

It appears to be the week of proposals on reality TV shows. Last night was Brenton and Chez on The Block, and tonight Chad proposed to  Stephanie on The Amazing Race. Surprisingly she said yes. But then that is why he asked her on the show, as it does make it pretty difficult to decline.

Considering the leg started off pretty bad for them as they slept in and missed their pit stop start time by nearly two hours. Is that the first time anyone has missed their pitstop time?

Anyway it didn’t matter all the groups caught up once they were in Muscat, Oman.

As is the case on this show once you have a bad day it is normally someone elses turn. And on this day it was Mallory and Gary, as they went the wrong way, and got horribly lost.

However the two doctors got lost as well, but they did not seem panicked, which meant they must have known there was a team was behind them.

But at the front of the pack Jill and Thomas, and Chad and Stephanie. Stephanie was on a high after Chad got down on a bended knee, in front of cameras, and the other teams.

They got out of the roadblock first,which was a rapel, then finding a ring in one of the many tea pots. Then on the detour they did the water challenge where teams had to deliver a load of water to a house. Interestingly enough no one did the cooking one, as how long would it take to cook a chicken casserole at least a couple of hours.

Jill and Thomas hit the pit stop first but were penalised 30 minutes for paying a cab driver to show them  on a part of the leg, so Chad and Stephanie came in first.

This must be a new rule in the past few seasons, as I have seen it happen on previous series. Obviously the producers close any loop that the contestants come up with each time.

Mallory and Gary were last to arrive and were eliminated. Next week it will be interesting to see how far behind the pack the doctors are.

Points to Brooke and Claire for jumping on Phil at the pitstop.

1 par3182 { 11.19.10 at 1:00 am }

We finally get a mixed gender team eliminated but it was the only likeable one. Damn. Garry being eliminated means every man remaining in the race is a douchebag. If all the dating couples outlast both female teams it’ll be a depressing finale.

Is that the first time anyone has missed their pitstop time?

Way back in Season Two the Gutsy Grannies overslept (by about half an hour, if memory serves).

I’m happy that following taxis is no longer allowed. That used to drive me nuts.

ps – Free Vicki!

2 AnonyMousse { 11.19.10 at 1:24 am }

Yeah, definitely not the first oversleep in Amazing Race. They’re lucky it was an international flight leg. Pretty sure the Doctors are getting u-turned next week, and possibly the other all-female team as well.

3 Reality Raver { 11.19.10 at 8:00 am }

Par3182 – I like Vicki now she just seems very sweet. The boyfriend, my view keeps on changing about him. She was right to give the girls directions. I think you need to be strategic about that, they would have seen where they were driving anyway.

Anonymouse – God I hope your wrong. I hope Chad and Stephanie don’t win.

4 TMC { 11.19.10 at 10:00 am }

I like the doctors, they seem rather cruisey

There doesn’t seem to be a huge amount of Team v team conflict this year… yet

I to would jump Phil and I am a practicing heterosexual for 15 odd years now.

And as his eyebrow wasn’t raised this week, I wonder if anything else of Phil’s was raised when he was jumped by Brooke and Claire

5 Reality Raver { 11.19.10 at 10:14 am }

TMC – who knows Phil travelling around the world means he has been away from his wife for awhile. So the girls could have got a bit more then they bargained for.

6 TMC { 11.19.10 at 10:24 am }

RR- So next week Brooke & Claire will be the ones who sleep in, and in the background you see Phil struggling to get his pants on?

I wonder how he would explain it to his wife.

Sorry love, I made a detour in our relationship.
I tried it on with Brooke but was Roadblocked, but with Claire I wasn’t, I did find learn a new trick though, which I like to call the U Turn, wanna try

7 reality raver { 11.19.10 at 12:22 pm }

TMC – Laughing very hard.

8 sourkraut { 11.19.10 at 1:39 pm }

At least those bloody doctors didnt win this leg!

9 Culinary Boner { 11.19.10 at 4:07 pm }

hey sourkraut, lay off the docs will ya…
your messing with my threesome fantasy here

10 Sourkraut { 11.20.10 at 11:09 am }

Boner
I fail to see the boi oi oi oing factor there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!