The Block Is Back

One of the first very popular reality TV shows of this century, The Block, is going to be renewed.  TV Tonight reports Scott Cam will be the host of the re-born Channel Nine series.

This series four new couples will have just eight weeks to renovate and decorate a complete apartment. At the end of the final week the winning apartment will be decided by the buying public.

All four apartments will go to public auction and each couple will keep the profit made from the sale, so the better the renovation, the more money they make. The couple who top the auction also win the grand prize of $100,000.

Interested couples who wish to be on the show can apply@mcgregorcasting.com for more information.

It is not stated where the series will be based, but the previous two were in Sydney in the beachside suburbs of Bondi, and Manly.

From the first series Gavin and Warren, managed to build a successful interior decorating business Designer Boys. Whilst Amity Dry who was an aspiring singer, now writes a column for www.essentialbaby.com.au

1 kelly { 03.21.10 at 10:27 pm }

I *heart* this show yay sooo excited *doing a happy*

2 fat mum slim { 03.22.10 at 6:47 am }

I was only thinking last week that I wish this show would come back.

Wish granted! x

3 Wurstsemmel { 03.22.10 at 12:56 pm }

That’s great news. This was a really enjoyable slice of reality tv.

Don’t forget Dr. Andrew ? who now pops up regularly on different shows and in the odd ad.

4 Fiona { 03.22.10 at 4:13 pm }

I’m so glad this show is coming back and with a slightly improved format – the last series ended with such a limp when they re-valued the apartments to get a reserve which turned out to be so high that most of them made no profit at all to take home, it was so disappointing that hardly any of them made any money. This sounds great, I look forward to watching it again!

5 CG { 03.22.10 at 6:06 pm }

With the real estate markets (at least MEL and SYD) booming back in the last few months, I’m not surprised The Block is back on the schedule. But they better get it out soon before interest rates go up and heat goes out of the market…that is what doomed the second season of the show.

Not sure about Scott Cam as host. He is sort of a bogan blokey-bloke guy … at least that is the impression I have from his other shows on Ch9 (the dreadful Domestic Blitz for one). I am not sure how he will go as host of The Block and don’t think I can take too much of him. Not that I could stand midget Jamie Drury but there must be someone in-between these two extremes that won’t offend. And no Richard Reid…….pleeeeeeeeeeze!

And RR, please don’t mention Amity Dry and get her and her cheesy hubby Phil excited about a comeback. Amity and Phil and their shabby-chic style drove me nuts last time around and I’m disappointed she is still trying to cling to a public career. I hope she won’t turn up on the new series. My husband always said she had a great name for a stripper or hooker…but not better than Misty Hyman..the US Olympic gold medal swimmer. Ha!

Gosh there are a lot of shows coming up this year…I’m going to have to prioritise: MC, Project Runway, AusNTM, AI, The Block, RHNYC, etc. etc.

6 Injera { 03.22.10 at 7:18 pm }

I really enjoyed The Block so am glad it’s coming back. CG – you’re right about the property markets in Sydney and Melbourne right now, though. If there’s any sense in this world, the market is at a peak (I’m only saying this because I can’t imagine prices going higher than the insanity they’re currently at) so maybe the couple that makes the smallest loss will win. Maybe they’ll be based in an up-and-coming regional area… (although I don’t think anywhere outside Syd-Mel seems to exist for TV execs).

As for Amity Dry – sounds like a low carb beer. Call me, Fosters. I’ll even let Phil structure the deal and take a cut.