TV Scandals Of 2012

A Current Affair had a story on last night about the top TV scandal of 2012.

Of course reality TV was the main feature of the story.  The Biggest Loser, Dancing With The Star, The X Factor were just a few of the shows feature.

I managed to give my opinion on a few of them.

Click here for the video.

1 A.P { 12.15.12 at 4:59 am }

I saw you on tv RR, got excited seeing you casually looking on Reality Ravings on your computer, you really are like part of my family now as is everyone else on this blog!
Hope it gets you more readers.

2 Georgie { 12.15.12 at 10:51 am }

And they didn’t even mention Altiyan, whose scandals continued into 2012.

3 Stacey { 12.15.12 at 11:00 am }

Yes I saw this too! I remember it being quite a funny segment but I can’t remember why. I sometimes forget you are a real person RR, I usually think of you as this reality TV super sleuth who runs an awesome website, kind of like a comic book character haha.

4 brain dead dave { 12.15.12 at 11:04 am }

I can’t watch the video but would have thought Hey Dad! might have featured if Ch 9 were fair dinkum.

5 daisy { 12.15.12 at 11:25 am }

They might have mentioned Matt Newton if they thought Bert and Patty hadn’t been through enough. But then he wasn’t on TV in2012 I suppose. And the Eccleston fiasco over the internet girl, that was pretty dodgy. I’d hate to live under the media spotlight. One false move by you or your family ….. And no false moves and you might be too dull. If no-one wants to talk about you, you might be too boring.

I saw an ‘interview’ (the woman was seriously delusional and, or drugged) by Lindsay Lohan’s Mum and I felt so sorry for her and her family. It looked as if their whole life was a scandal. Seriously disfunctional. Some people have the odds stacked against them because their parents have been so screwed up by their parents, and so on.
People sometimes make dumb choiices. Can forgive most things but have no sympathy for anyone who hurts a child. And AP people who hurt animals are scary.
Sorry just raving. Not enough sleep. Grandchildren slept over.

6 Stacey { 12.15.12 at 11:54 am }

Don’t worry Daisy, I know what you mean! I actually feel sorry for Lindsay Lohan and I think what has happened to her and how she is treated is awful. Her parents are bat-shit fucking cray. Obviously I dont know what her person is like but come on. Her parents publicly fight, insult each other and talk about Lindsay in interviews that she no doubt has nothing to do with. What a messed up family. I’ve always had this feeling of protectiveness over Lindsay (even though shes older than me) because her family is pathetic. I couldn’t even imagine being in a family like that. Just look at the parents! I just want to hug her and then make her have a really good wash, poor girl.

7 Mahlia { 12.15.12 at 11:58 am }

“Dancing With The Star”
That’s a fruedian slip RR – there IS usually only about one star on each series.

8 Alex { 12.15.12 at 12:14 pm }

AP. I am 5. My Grandma says you look after whales. I like whales and cats and dogs. Do you have 5 dogs. My Dad won’t let me have a dog or cat. Grandma has fish, possums, goannas, kangaroos and lizards. We made cakes last night. I was the only one who didn’t wake Grandma up.

9 A.P { 12.15.12 at 1:53 pm }

Very considerate of you Alex! Yes I have a small dog called Millie who we rescued from the pound, she is spoilt just like a baby. You should ask your dad nicely to visit an animal shelter and save a dog’s or cat’s life, they will love you forever!
Yes, we have humpback whales visit my town in Qld every year between July to November and I go out whale watching where they come right up to the boat and you can almost reach out and touch them, its great.
Get Grandma to google up Hervey Bay whale watching and you will see.
Thanks for your comments to me.

10 Daisy { 12.15.12 at 2:08 pm }

Thanks, AP for you rkind reply. I am at the shop now but will pass it on. Alex was so excited when I told her you looked after whales and she was excited to wait for your reply.
I told her mum that whenever I am cross with Rolf I am going to buy a new plant. She said that’s a good idea and she is going to buy a chook whenever she gets mad at my son. So I should end up with a very lush garden, and I hope she throws a few eggs my way.

11 Gabby { 12.15.12 at 2:27 pm }

I am annoyed I missed ACA last night I would have enjoyed that. Will check it out and see if I can watch it online. I especially would have loved to have seen the lovely RR in person! It would be nice to put a face to this lady that brings all of us together.
There weren’t any real scandals as such on any of our reality shows, mores the pity, I love a good scandal to give us all something to talk about.
Oh well, we don’t know what next year has in store for us, bring it on.

12 Gabby { 12.15.12 at 2:46 pm }

Well I have just watched it and it was good to be reminded of the different things that happened throughout the year. I thought RR looked as lovely as I had imagined her, came across very well and a great advertisement for this site.
As I said rollon 2013, I can’t wait!

13 Daisy { 12.15.12 at 2:46 pm }

Gabby, I was thinking the same thing; that RR has brought people together. I think it’s because her blog is easy to access, a bit of fun, and the people on it are a good mix. I even miss Sunnydaze even tho’ I suppose he/she might be considered a bit of a troll. He made me laugh.

14 Daisy { 12.15.12 at 2:51 pm }

RR, if you get famous, will you go on Celeb Appr? Maybe not, you know everyone would be waiting to comment. That would be a twist. You could always delete all our jibes, and leave our accolades.

15 Gabby { 12.15.12 at 2:54 pm }

That’s right Daisy, I am so happy that I discovered this site during Big Brother, I love it. Everyone on it is so friendly and welcoming and I look forward to reading it daily. It has filled in many an hour for me. That’s what I mean about I can’t wait until next year when all the shows get started p again, it’s going to be great. I haven’t been part of of their cooking show blogs, so really looking forward to that. I just consider myself really lucky to have stumbled across it.

16 Daisy { 12.15.12 at 3:43 pm }

We had better be careful, Gabby. If we keep being warm and fuzzy BDD might be sick on his keyboard and leave us. And that would be awful.

17 Gabby { 12.15.12 at 6:03 pm }

God one Daisy, enough of that nonsense now. Let’s get down and dirty. Do a bit of tollin’.
NOT, I’m only joking. They scare me, those trolls.

18 Daisy { 12.15.12 at 6:16 pm }

Me too, but what can they do???? Have you noticed that they aren’t very smart or funny? They are probably just kids.

19 Reality Raver { 12.16.12 at 11:53 am }

STacey – I like that description. I think they could not mention them, and really why bother re: Altiyan he missed the cut I expect because he actually wasn’t on a show this year.

20 Stacey { 12.16.12 at 1:46 pm }

Lol apparently Altiyan is in the middle of yet another comeback.

21 Carole { 12.16.12 at 5:01 pm }

Yeah, I always get excited when I see RR on TV as well. I’ve seen her on ACA a few times throughout the year. I only found this site during MasterChef this year, and so glad I did. I read the recaps of some American shows on Entertainment Weekly so it’s nice to have a site do recaps of Aussie shows.