Paula Abdul – Is She Drunk?

This is an oldie but I just rediscovered it on Dlisted today and thought some people might what to watch this retro clip of Paula Abdul acting a little bit under the influence.

1 PollyB { 06.20.12 at 10:59 am }

Hi RR, are we going to see an interview with Dani from The Block? Or did I misunderstand?
Posted here cos I can’t find the last The Block blog :)

2 Reality Raver { 06.20.12 at 11:01 am }

Polly B – The block interview is being transcribed now. But this is filler while I do that!

3 drb123 { 06.20.12 at 11:23 am }

I’m going to suggest this is the result of prescription drugs

4 Chunks { 06.20.12 at 12:02 pm }

Prescription pills. If you’re taking less than three different ones at a time Americans think there’s something weird about you.

5 brain dead dave { 06.20.12 at 12:16 pm }

Vicodin, Xanax and Oxycontin are the favourites, usually. Winona Ryder, Heath Ledger, Whitney etc

Only reading last night about Elvis surreptitiously rifling through a dentist’s surgery searching for drugs.

I’ve seen Joe Cocker and Joe Walsh do great performances when very drunk …they still “owned the songs” and “brought it” ,so I didn’t mind.

6 Georgie { 06.20.12 at 4:56 pm }

bdd – I went to a Joe Cocker concert in the late 70’s in Sydney. He had cans of beer (or something) planted all over the stage behind speakers, drum stand and any hidey hole he could find. As he teetered around the stage, he’d bend down and have a swig on the nearest can then teeter off in another direction.

You’re right, it didn’t affect his performance – I’m still a huge fan and absolutely love him and his music.

7 brain dead dave { 06.20.12 at 5:13 pm }

Yeah, Joe Cocker staggered out here barefoot with a can of beer in his hand. I heard that the fist half dozen rows were showered with spit. Every time I saw him (3x back then) he “brought it’.

I saw a similar dinosaur hell raiser status legend recently and he was downing bottles of Gatorade, uh I lost count at seven.

8 Georgie { 06.20.12 at 5:27 pm }

Every second person back then was high on something, although alcohol was more the exception than the rule. He was quite a shattered man by the early 80’s which I believe was because he’d been ripped off badly by those closest to him.