Reality Tidbits – Wednesday

If you thought Survivor was tough it is nothing to a new extreme reality show on Discovery Channel where the contestants are put in the bush with nothing, and that includes no clothes. There is an Aussie contestant on this US show. (Source: Daily Telegraph)

Is Jess Mauboy engaged? She has a ring on her finger so rumours will start. (Source: Daily Telegraph)

Mixed reviews for the new Today FM breakfast team but to be fair it has only been three days. (Source: Daily Telegraph)

Rose Fontanes a 47 year old Filipina carer has won the first season of The X Factor in Israel. They are comparing her to Susan Boyle. (Source: SMH)

Well Celebrity Rehab did not work for former Survivor contestant Sugar she has been arrested. (Source: NOLA)

The producer of Jersey Shore said she based that show on what she was doing at the Shore in her twenties. She has a new show coming out called Party Down South.(Source: Entrepeneur)

Mum from reality show Cheer Perfection has been arrested on rape charges of a 13 year old boy. (Source: Daily Mail)

Rhiannon who was on So You Think You Can Dance Australia has released her third film clip. (Source: Camden Advertiser)

Tim Gunn from Project Runway has a new competitive reality TV show about to premiere in the US it is called Under The Gunn. (Source: Style Bistro)

Even though we might think of  American Idol as being irrelevant these days here is an interesting article on seven ways it revolutionised TV. (Source: Daily Beast)

Abby Lee Miller was saved from bankruptcy by Dance Moms. (Source: Reality Tea)

Interesting reality show called The Chair involving Zachery Quinto about what happens when two directors make the same movie. (Source: Toronto Sun)

Simon Cowell cannot be serious that he will be naming his yet born baby Simon Cowell Junior. (Source: Made For Mums)

With My Kitchen Rules about to start it appears last years winners Dan and Steph are doing BBQ cooking demos throughout Queensland. (Source: Fraser Chronicles)

Matt from Big Brother has launched his own personal fitness business. (Source: Sunshine Daily)

1 Anonymous { 01.15.14 at 7:09 pm }

One has to ask how the hell you included Matt’s stupid fitness thing (who cares? Who even is Matt again?) but have excluded the latest Sydney Confidential Drew and Tully story that sat in the number 1 position on Sydney Confidential website for most of the day yesterday and is the lead-in story to the IMG Tennis event. Since you didn’t include it here it is:

2 all happening { 01.15.14 at 7:17 pm }

Topic was covered some days ago. Yawn! :roll:

3 Georgie { 01.15.14 at 7:30 pm }

Appropriate use of the ‘roll’ ah!

4 brain dead dave { 01.15.14 at 7:32 pm }

Sounds like the social life of a drover’s dog could blitz the Sydney Confidential top story list.

5 Littlepetal { 01.15.14 at 7:41 pm }

Does this help

-O

6 Littlepetal { 01.15.14 at 7:44 pm }

Oops. Can’t get the yawn emoticon. 😳

7 Georgie { 01.15.14 at 7:50 pm }

I’ll give this one a shot Littlepetal |-o

No that didn’t convert – :sad:

8 all happening { 01.15.14 at 7:50 pm }

Is that Drew’s red face I see LP? I was looking for a yawn.

9 all happening { 01.15.14 at 7:56 pm }

What about :yawn: if it doesn’t work then oops!

10 all happening { 01.15.14 at 8:33 pm }

On a serious note, one of the contestants on MKR has had a serious accident. Here is the link. http://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/20772384/mkr-contestant-breaks-neck/

11 Littlepetal { 01.15.14 at 8:40 pm }

Thanks for the link, AH. I hope he will be o.k.

I thought they had finished the filming of MKR. The media like to make us think that the show is being filmed.

12 all happening { 01.15.14 at 8:43 pm }

In another link on ninmsn it says that it won’t have any effect on the filming.

13 Georgie { 01.16.14 at 8:39 pm }

Hope all you southerners are coping okay? It’s getting close to being uninhabitable.

14 Gabby { 01.16.14 at 9:04 pm }

Ditto from me, hope all our Sth. Australian and Victorian commenters are coping with the heat.

15 Izobel2 { 01.16.14 at 10:24 pm }

We went for the record in Adelaide if 46, but at 44.2 it was still apparently the hottest city on earth today. And now tomorrow is 42 instead of 40.

nice emoticoning gice, particularly AH @2!

Watching American Idol. It already kicks a**e on last year due to no Mariah or Miss Fairy Floss. And I’ve only seen ten mins.

16 brain dead dave { 01.17.14 at 7:36 am }

Yeah, this heat wasn’t in the brochure, gice. I went to the library to escape and every ****ing fly in South Australia was there, too.

Knocked myself out with pills , otherwise no sleep for this little black duck.

17 Littlepetal { 01.17.14 at 8:18 am }

You poor people down south. Please take care. Its going to be hot again today.

18 Sandii { 01.17.14 at 8:22 am }

I have to disagree with you BDD. You could have only had a few flies in Adelaide as I can testify that I had ( and have still got) every fly and his brother taking shelter under my house. I actually woke up this morning at 5 by the loud swarming noise. (def flies not bees). I have never seen or heard anything like it. Eew!

19 brain dead dave { 01.17.14 at 8:28 am }

Normally, I’d see plenty of posers in lycra on their bikes, getting pumped for the Tour Down Under. But too hot. The start for Stage Three is just down the street from here.

Thomas Voeckler collided with a car and broke his collar bone. He’s going home.

There’s allegedly a cool change this evening. Apparently, it ‘s already in Ceduna.

Yes, Sandii. It’s a bad season for flies, there were heaps of them at the cricket recently and then yesterday people at the library were complaining about how annoying they were, landing on people’s feet and too quick to swat.

20 Littlepetal { 01.17.14 at 8:32 am }

Try your best to stay cool, BDD. I know it is easier said than done. Is Jowlsy still there? or has he found somewhere cool to hide.

21 brain dead dave { 01.17.14 at 8:53 am }

Jowl$y’s not planning on shifting while there’s banana on offer every second day. On Monday , he got some chocolate ice cream. Better than snails and cockroaches, hmmm?

He eats from my hand and the other day, charged at the banana hissing and pumping himself up,just like his namesake. He’s been here living under some old tomato stakes and a sheet of galvanised iron for a couple of years.

When he hears my footsteps on the leaves, he’ll usually come out, looking for a freebie.

22 Sandii { 01.17.14 at 10:21 am }

Ok BDD I give up, what or who is Jowlsy. Bird, lizzard, rat or snake. Or maybe even a pov uni student. I haven’t wanted to appear too dumb by asking, but I give up, I would really like to know.

23 brain dead dave { 01.17.14 at 10:32 am }

It’s a blue tongue lizard, Sandii. It could be a her. Sorry about the confusion with the cravat wearing “Jowl$y” on Ma$terchef..

24 Sandii { 01.17.14 at 11:20 am }

Nah I guessed you didn’t have Matt Preston living at your place. I am pretty switched on you know…. Err sometimes. Haha.

25 all happening { 01.17.14 at 11:53 am }

Don’t worry Sandii, I guessed it wasn’t THE Jowl$y BDD was talking about, and thought animal but I was not game to ask. I thought I might have missed something. The lizard should be getting fat like namesake with all flies you have over in SA atm.
Stay cool you gice down South. I am thinking of you with our tropical rain.

26 all happening { 01.17.14 at 12:39 pm }

Tim Dormer has a strange sense of humour. He offered his wisdom teeth on eBay. But eBay took it down because it was selling body parts which is a no..no!
here is the link.

27 mittens { 01.17.14 at 2:56 pm }

I thought there are women who trade in placenta for eating. I recall seeing it on telly.

28 brain dead dave { 01.17.14 at 3:00 pm }

Sounds like Chubby Chasers on SBS 2 at 10.05 will be a must see tonight, mittens.

29 Sandii { 01.17.14 at 3:54 pm }

Oh mittens ! Vom! I have heard of it too.

30 Calorie Loader { 01.17.14 at 4:26 pm }

Ugh! Reminds me of the time the couch jumper advertised that he would be eating Katie’s afterbirth.
😯