The Family – No Sexy Times In The Cardamone Household

It would appear that as much as children don’t like the idea of their parents having sex nor to do parents like the idea of their children doing it either.

The Family this week was a much better with showcasing issues that most families face.

Last week the show lived up to this family is “nothing remarkable” tagline with banal conversations and tedious plot lines. In fact I had wondered whether SBS has selected the Cardamones so their viewer could congratulate themselves for not being like them. SBS viewers are very much the latte set, and put it this way the Cardamones are not your typical SBS fans.

This week the main plot line was the Cardamone men trying to get laid. The father was having no hope, probably because they have been married for 25 years, and there are cameras in the bedroom. Now apparently they are turned off for a few hours a night, but this is not conducive for romance.

The eldest son who is 20, had his girlfriend over to stay, but the rule in the house was they were not allowed to sleep in the same bedroom. Now it looked like he did not sneak, but again that could have been because of the cameras. The girlfriend Jess’s body language looked like she was not really into him so she was not going to encourage him to break the rules.

And there was no enthusiasm when he was trying to lock her in for a shag at her house. But then maybe she was turned off after she waxed off his chest and abdomen hair. Why are Gen Y’s so hair phobic?

The other romance was a sweet one between the 18 year old son, and his new girlfriend Marlana. If there is any link between brain cancer and mobile phone use, he will have it after hours of conversation with her late at night. Also they were sweet with each other when she came over for a gathering at his place. She knew how to get on the mums good side by giving her a box of chocolates. The dad looked vaguely bemused by this.

However these girls need to beware, these boys are not going to be great catches as their mother waits on them hand and foot. Yet to see one step foot in the kitchen to wash or wipe up. The mum is doing no one any favours by doing this.

What did you think of The Family tonight?

1 Leop { 12.02.11 at 9:05 am }

No comments thus far RR ….. its a pretty nothing show; extremely dull, overbearing mother, ball-less husband – she’s doing no favours to her future 3 daughters in law – oh well, each to their own – love to see Deni go in for a week and shake the house up, lol

2 Culinary Boner { 12.02.11 at 9:32 am }

“and there are cameras in the bedroom”

Surely this is an aphrodisiac for most reality TV wannabees?

3 Georgie { 12.02.11 at 9:33 am }

What snoring and farting?

4 emerald125 { 12.02.11 at 10:00 am }

I actually quite like it…. particularly the younger 2 kids.. Like the way the boys actually seem to get along.

I think the GF was probably embarrassed rather than not into the oldest boy

5 Culinary Boner { 12.02.11 at 11:54 am }

“Why are Gen Y’s so hair phobic?”

That’s because they’re into picking at and squeezing in-growns as a hobby.

6 Isabel { 12.02.11 at 11:56 am }

I missed the first episode, but I switched off after about 10 minutes last night as I felt I was wasting my time watching nothing – or did I see them comparing their pubic hair?

7 Chunks { 12.02.11 at 1:16 pm }

The hairphobia thing does my head in too. There are so many guys at my gym with not a hair on their body – including their armpits – and not all of them Gen Y either. I think it started with the Brazillian on girls. Now there are men who don’t even know that women have pubic hair, and it’s been all downhill to the store mannequin look since then.

8 Culinary Boner { 12.02.11 at 1:35 pm }

What’s going with the mum’s crazy eyes?
Thankfully there will be no sex scenes Raver, as I’d prefer not to see just how far her eyes can bulge whilst she’s taking hubby’s bulge.

9 Reality Raver { 12.02.11 at 1:43 pm }

Chunks – Yes I don’t get the hair thing. Now I know some guys shaved their legs if they were cyclists, but no underarm hair is taking it a bit far. What I thought interesting about it last night on the show, was that it was just normal to wax it. It appears that it did it regularly.

Leop – do you think we are used to too much drama in our reality TV, that when it comes to real life it all seems a bit slow and boring?

CB – Yes if you name is Kim Kardashian

Georgie – Thankfully they have edited it out.

Emerald125 – I thought that at first but her body language was very stand offish. She did not have to stay there if she was uncomfortable with the cameras. I could be wrong.

Isabel – LOL you did indeed. I think I enjoyed just watching the teens and how they think and act. Also the middle boy being in love for the first time was super sweet.

10 Culinary Boner { 12.02.11 at 4:55 pm }

Maybe Pops needs some R&R at the Bada Bing Club?
Lucky, Ron and the Hon Ian Sir Lunch-a-lot should be able to keep him company.

11 Leop { 12.02.11 at 6:41 pm }

RR – no I think its ‘too nice’ and ‘too edited’ thus = zzzzz – real life is the drama we saw on The Slap and Underbelly 1 – even Farmer this year was a big yawn – nothing beats the Sylvanna Waters (?) show; now that, was a real hoot (drink in hand, falling off chair, calling her husband for everything under the sun, lazy son – Mrs La La in Gin & Tonic Land – too funny

12 Patty { 12.25.11 at 5:48 pm }

These people need a few drinks to unwind and I mean 10 or more shots. I’m sure the show would liven up then. Everyone loves to see people drunk.

13 Reality Raver { 12.25.11 at 7:47 pm }

Patty – cameras in a house with booze – isn’t that Big Brother? I am enjoying the minutiae of the Cardamones. For the first 5 minutes of each episode I think this is slow, and then when I adjust to the pace I quite enjoy it.

14 Patty { 01.02.12 at 10:46 am }

Reality Raver-Actually I was thinking more Sylvania Waters. LOL.

15 Kate { 01.02.12 at 10:55 am }

Just read that the Cardamones spent July in Italy. Shine Productions must be very generous or Angelo actually owns Hy-tec Concrete . They live a very wealthy life for two salespeople. I mean…. Donvale……Whitefriar College. 2 kids in Uni. Myer must pay more than I thought. LOL!!

16 Anonymous { 01.12.12 at 9:42 pm }

Love em. They’re a family that truly love each other and you can see the parents truly take an interest in their kids lives, which
doesnt happen much these days. Yeah the boyz could help a little more around the house, but program will show only what it wants. They make their own beds every morning and seem to pick up after themselves, not many kids manager that anymore.

17 Leop { 01.13.12 at 11:11 am }

Incredibly boring family and show ; no ratings this time sbs –

18 Please Marry My Boy – Some Of Those Mothers Look Like Nightmares | reality ravings { 01.31.12 at 7:27 am }

[…] Malina for instance who appears to have swallowed the Cardamones Handbook on how to raise you son and does everything for him. Vlad who is thirty is still living at home and […]