Australian Idol – Top 100
At last a bit of eye candy on the show (apologies Andrew G fans) with tonight Jay Dee Springbett being announced as the new judge on Australian Idol for this year. He is a record executive with Sony Australia. However this will mean no one on the panel was born in Australia. Do you think this matters?
Also he is another record executive like Dicko, so may give a similar perspective. However from what I saw of him tonight I liked. But at that time he did not know he was a judge.
I am not doing a full re-cap tonight, spent the weekend in Melbourne and was far to frivilous with Injera last night.
However here were the names of the Top 24 that I could identify:
- Kate Cook – has a high likeability factor I think this country singer will get in the top 12.
- Scott Newnham- was sent in with Kevin the boy band singer, Scott got in and Kevin was sent home. They are setting him up to be the Luke Dickens of 2009, not sure he has Luke’s dry sense of humour.
- Kim Cooper – talented girl from Townsville.
- James Johnston – will snaffle some teen vote
- Ashleigh Tool(sic) – was a bit underwhelmed by her concert performance.
- Aliqua Mao – a talented 16 year old.
- Hayley Warner – this 17 year old rocker has a ton of talent.
- Daniel Rizzo – Don’t know much about him.
- Ed Zaidan – I like this quirky kid.
- Stan Walker – this kid is really growing on me he was really natural in front of the audience.
- Seth Drury – is a bit of a hearthrob, but a talented one.
- Lauren – I did not realise you could come back if you made the top 24 before, not sure how I feel about that. I am not sure what has changed with her.
- Teniella – the train driver from Western Australia.
- Nat Pyziakos – we have barely seen her.
- Jason Barton – has previously auditioned.
- Nicole Banks – Another previous top 24 returning.
- Casey Barnes – this Gold Coast father of one appears to be very talented.
- Sabrina Batshon – has the potential to be our very own Susan Boyle. I find her very fragile, and I wonder if she will be able to stand up to rigours each week. I am presuming Australian Idol producers assessed this or are they hoping that a meltdown on TV might whip up ratings. If so shame Australian Idol shame.
- Nathan Brake – did an amazing performance of We Are The Champions – this kid is one to watch.
- Jamila Ionou – she is similar to Aquila Mao so hopefully they both don’t get in to the top 12.
- Toby Moulton – I don’t think his voice is fabulous, but has beenn put in for the older female viewer. He completely tanked at the concert performance, and had to get the band to start again.
- Adam Eckersley- this rocker must be a shoe in for the top 12.
Full list of top 24 will be up tomorrow. Also the shows start tomorrow night for the week. Woo hoo. Feel free to put you comments about the episode in the commenting section.