The Biggest Loser – Loving the Quicker Pace
Sorry about the delayed post on last night’s episode, unfortunately “real life” can get in the way of reality TV.
Here are some quick thoughts on the episode:
– Liking the increased pace of episodes on The Biggest Loser this year. Tonight was the weigh-in and the elimination all in one. The advantage no drawn out weigh-in of watching them walk slowly up to the scales, weigh-in cut the ad break, talk ad nauseum about how they felt about their weight loss.
– I note this year Hayley first started calling it the “competitive” weigh in, but quickly slipped back into the weekly weight loss talk, is it really weekly. See this blog post from last year where it was revealed the weekly weigh ins were not in fact weekly and that is why the kilograms they lost were so huge.
– The Challenor family were a huge disappointed considering they are the biggest team, they should have lost a lot more. Damien – went from 234.4 kgs to 220.3kg for a loss of 14.1. Nataniel – lost 7.7 kgs (and he has a young person’s metabolism on his side). Joe lost 6.1kgs, and Greg only lost 7.8kg. As we have been shown over and over this week Greg is having motivational issues. Their family fell below the bottom line. As Michelle lost her training mojo?
– Props to the Duncan’s for their huge loss all lost over 10kgs except Sarah-Jane who lost a respectable 8.7 kgs. Jarrod was this week’s Biggest Loser with a 14.1 kg loss.
– Also does trainer Tiffany like it large as she keeps on leaping on him, but never see her leaping on the other girls..
– The Moons did not do so well but they had lost their trainer Commando for most of the week. However if I was the girls I would be checking the bags of Sarah to see if she brought any snacks in, as a loss of only 2.7 kgs when your starting weight is higher than any of the other girls was poor.
– Even Commando dropped his hard arse role to murmur some commiserations in the girls ears.
– Loving Lara from the Westons family, Leigh should hold onto her as she is a keeper. The Weston family all did fabulously well, something I was very surprised by, and they were safe this week.
– Loved that each team had to pick their own person to send into the elimination room. Shannon called it “brutal”, I call it good reality TV.
– Greg was picked as was Rebecca. I could understand Greg as he has been a pain in the butt all week whinging and moaning, but Rebecca what was that all about?
– Greg who is a bit dopey talked himself into being voted out.
– I also like the fact the other teams cannot caucus before voting, as they don’t know who will walk into the room. Of course they could say to each other just vote for Team Challenor but at this stage unlikely perhaps?
Greg was voted out. Also my recording cut off did they have the usual scene where you see the eliminated contestant three months on?