Reality Tidbits – Tuesday

An Australian team has won the MIPTV pitch in Cannes for their Reality/Horror series Zombie Boot Camp. They have won 25,000 EUROs to develop the idea. (Source: TV Tonight)

Very funny list of 15 alleged secrets from reality TV shows like Cupcake Wars and Storage Wars. (Source: Buzzfeed)

Because Gordon Ramsay is such a ratings tart he has re-visited Amy’s Baking Company on Kitchen Nightmares. Amy’s Baking was the scene of a notorious episode of the reality show with Ramsay ending up leaving. (Source: Daily Telegraph)

Dan and Steph from My Kitchen Rules reveal how arduous the filming of My Kitchen Rules is. (Source: Fraser Coast Chronicles) Thanks Little Petal.

Jenna also from last year’s My Kitchen Rules has married her partner of seven years. (Source: New Idea)

Hollywood Reporter’s list of the Top 25 players in Reality TV in 2014. Mark Burnett who produces Survivor and Celebrity Apprentice is number one, but number two is Gordon Ramsay, he is the only chef on the list, after Ryan Seacrest they are all TV and production company executives. (Source: Hollywood Reporter)

Real Housewives of Beverly Hill’s star Taylor Armstrong has found happiness again after the death of her former husband as she has now married again. (Source: Examiner)

Kylie Minogue has quit The Voice UK due to a scheduling clash. (Source: SMH)

There is a My Kitchen Rules cookbook showcasing the recipes from this season. (Source: Mumbrella)

Simon Cowell’s musical “I Can’t Sing” might be going to Broadway. The show is a parody on reality TV. (Source: Daily Mail)

1 Gabby { 04.15.14 at 12:52 pm }

Just wondering if anyone has been watching Real Housewives of Melbourne and what your thoughts are?
Would love to hear someone else’s take on the show.

2 Littlepetal { 04.15.14 at 1:07 pm }

Wonder who will buy the MKR cookbook?

3 Gabby { 04.15.14 at 1:23 pm }

Littlepetal thanks for the link on Steph and Dan, I hope they do well with their new eating establishment.
I don’t think there would be one meal from this season that would inspire me to buy the MKR cook book.

4 brain dead dave { 04.15.14 at 2:38 pm }

I’m just stunned that Porky and Staph got through an interview without bringing up the IVF sob story.

5 Littlepetal { 04.15.14 at 2:43 pm }

Now they are too busy in real life. They want us to believe that the money is for IVF. Now the baby can wait.

6 Danielle { 04.15.14 at 3:02 pm }

4:30am-10pm MKR contestant hours with only 3 days off for 5 months! I suppose 80% of that would be just waiting around.

Good thing they don’t mention when they ask for new contestants. It’s not even ‘are you a good cook?’ it’s just ‘wanna be part of the new MKR?!’

Answering questings for up to 14 hours?! No wonder they can find such negative comments. I bet C&K don’t even remember saying half of those negative comments.

7 Georgie { 04.15.14 at 5:49 pm }

Total eclipse of the full moon happening now in the eastern states gice. We have full cloud cover this evening unfortunately.

8 Gabby { 04.15.14 at 7:26 pm }

Just saw it from our place coming up from the sea, big, bright, orange and beautiful.

9 Georgie { 04.15.14 at 8:12 pm }

I’m glad it was visible somewhere Gabby.

10 brain dead dave { 04.15.14 at 8:15 pm }

It was like an episode of MKR here. Vastly over rated.

I’ll have to wait for The Rolling Stones to see a real spectacle.

11 Georgie { 04.15.14 at 8:33 pm }

I guess I’ll never know bdd, we had a good heavy covering of cloud. On the Stones, I can now spend a few months looking forward to the concert again. A double dose of anticipation. 😎

12 Gabby { 04.15.14 at 9:13 pm }

After the weather we have been having lately Georgie we were very lucky to have such a beautiful clear night for a change.
I bet there are plenty of happy Stones fans around now that their concerts have finally been rescheduled.
It will be great to hear about the shows from our fellow commenters.

13 daisy { 04.16.14 at 12:31 am }

Help. I have lost Woolif. Last seen walking past The Happy Ending Massage Palace 😉

14 Andrea { 04.16.14 at 7:40 am }

Yes Little petal. Dan and Steph have tried IVF again, its not that simple for everyone as I know in my own family situation.
Now they are doing a Saturday column in the local paper talking about food and their time on MKR, as well as running their restaurant which is a big success.
I think they are the only ones from MKR to start up a restaurant so far, so I think they deserve credit for that.
They are making money from the restaurant so they can try the IVF again and again until it works for them.
Unfortunately it rarely works the first time for most people.
Perhaps they haven’t spoken about it so much is because of the backlash they always receive.

15 Littlepetal { 04.16.14 at 8:17 am }

Dan and Steph got the backlash on MKR because they kept mentioning they needed the money for IVF and is the most important thing in their life.

Good luck to them.

16 Georgie { 04.16.14 at 8:30 am }

The Voice promo gives me the impression the show will once again, be more about the ‘performances’ of the judges than the contestants. :roll:

17 Andrea { 04.16.14 at 8:44 am }

True Little petal, but they have mentioned before that they were egged on by producers to keep going on about it, even to refilming segments if they didn’t cry enough.
This happens with all the contestants, all sob stories should play no part in it, I agree, but its done in every reality show.

18 brain dead dave { 04.16.14 at 8:54 am }

Nic and Rocco have had a business going for a couple of years without a sob story or giving endorsements to scams like Bodytrim.

19 Littlepetal { 04.16.14 at 9:21 am }

Nic and Rocco are doing very well. It may not be a restaurant but it is still a good business.

Also what happened to Dan’s dream about a sausage shop?

20 brain dead dave { 04.16.14 at 9:29 am }

After shooting his mouth off, it turned out MKR that Porky couldn’t actually cook sausages is how I remember it. Then there was the lard marinated in Dr Pepper/saliva fiasco.

21 daisy { 04.16.14 at 11:30 am }

OMG I thought D&S’s backlash was for cooking pork in cherry cola, some disgusting cookie dough ice-cream thing (bluurgggh), something else really fatty in beer or Fanta, fat sausages and just generally promoting really unhealthy eating whilst being over weight. I can still recall how sick I felt watching of them make a few dishes. I think they got it together a bit with the nasi near the end. They must have been the most unhealthiest cooks MKR has ever had.
And then there was the tattoo and earring.

22 Reality Raver { 04.16.14 at 1:55 pm }

I think their much healthier lifestyle and weight loss now may improve their fertility chances whether it occurs naturally or not

23 Littlepetal { 04.16.14 at 2:12 pm }

Steph may have lost some weight but not Dan. Stress is also not good for fertility.

24 daisy { 04.16.14 at 2:21 pm }

Hey Littlepetal, I will be skipping the included breakfasts here. They cook for the tourists. Loads of food; mosly bread, bread, banana bread, croissants and muffins, potatoes gratin, mushrooms in cream, sausages, meat patties, hash browns, French toast, eggs, sausages, bacon, fried noodles, fried rice and baked potatoes.
There is also some congee, a small salad bar and a small fruit section. I could be 10kgs heavier in a week if I tucked into most of the food.

The meals out are lighter.

25 brain dead dave { 04.16.14 at 2:32 pm }

Porky’s eating for two. That’s not how it works.

26 daisy { 04.16.14 at 2:34 pm }

😆 BDD.

Have I been missing any good doc Phil or 48hrs?

27 brain dead dave { 04.16.14 at 2:42 pm }

Yes,daisy. Monday’s Dr Phil was a pearler. Worst guests he’d had for 12 years ,he reckons. Wife tranquiliser addicted alcoholic, husband sarcastic pothead ex alcoholic .Why would their marriage be on the rocks,I wonder?

28 brain dead dave { 04.16.14 at 2:44 pm }

Yes,daisy. My reply went into spam folder. Monday’s Dr Phil. was a classic.

29 daisy { 04.16.14 at 2:45 pm }

By the way, would you be averse to wearing a wild Stones tee if I can find you one in the markets?

Also I got offered a line by our new roomies across the hall.
But that turned out to be a false promise. All in good fun.
There are more drugs in my toilet bag than those whipper snappers have ever seen.

30 brain dead dave { 04.16.14 at 2:53 pm }

I won’t say no to the toilet bag.

31 daisy { 04.16.14 at 3:07 pm }

😆

You don’t even need to ask ‘the guy on the corner’.
The pharmacists will hand over anything without a prescrition.
Just place your orders here. 😉

It will be a week a Dr Phil and zanax marathon when I get back.

32 Littlepetal { 04.16.14 at 3:18 pm }

daisy, I need to replenish my giggle juice. Can you get me some??

33 daisy { 04.16.14 at 3:22 pm }

You’re on the list Littlepetal. Three bags of giggle juice.