MasterChef Australia – Smoked Salmon Terrine
Gary Mehigan dramatically declared to George Calombaris “There could be three good terrines or three bad ones.”. Um there are a few more combinations that you could be facing like one good two bad Gary.
It was no surprise that Geni went tonight at one stage when they were doing the voiceovers I thought Andre’ could have been given the punt as his eyes looked red from crying. It was also her first time in the bottom three.
Tonight’s episode did not have the drama of last week’s pressure test when they had to do the croquembouche. Also the only cooking was toasting the bread, and browning the hazelnuts so the episode was a bit dull, considering the type of conundrums they were having were about the amount of micro lettuce on the plate. Yawn.
However these are things I noted from MasterChef tonight:
- If Geni’s cooking career does not work out she can open a clairvoyant business. She revealed she had dreamt about the dish they were going to be tackling in the challenge the night before;
- That George does appear to be a little bit in love with Poh as he gave her terrine a glowing review and made some gushing remarks after it was revealed she was safe;
- And if he is not then blame the editors as they are certainly making it look like he has a crush on her;
- That Poh may not be quite as into having a career with food as the others, she admitted this herself and appeared to be a bit unclear about what type of eating establishment she would open, she stuttered out she would open a dumpling and noodle shop;
- That Geni said she listened to the judges more then anyone else, but was just about ignoring them when they were telling her to redo her cling wrap lining of her terrine dish; and
- I hope that Sarah Wilson is not being paid by the amount of time she is actually seen on screen, as she was seen for about two minutes tonight.
Geni is going to go to Greece and learn more about the cuisine, and is hoping to opening a teaching and dining establishment. Unfortunately tonight the hottest chick in the competition was going home.
But some hotness will be returned to the MasterChef screens tomorrow night with bald chef Matt Moran facing off with Justine in the Chef’s challenge. Every chef who he has dissed in his show The Chopping Block will be hoping he gets his butt kicked tomorrow night.