It’s all about Masterchef
Election? What election? The day after the misleadingly named Great Debate, you could be forgiven for thinking that our political leaders had met to discuss the best amada cook in ‘straya. Fair dinkum, it was all over the news today at home, and abroad.
Here’s a roundup of some (just some – a google news search result returned 1,160 results):
- The Age has been receiving some attention for their recaps, and Karl Quinn provided his take on last night’s shenanigans
- The Herald-Sun had a front page photograph of Adam, and a wrap-up of the way the final unfolded.
- John Lethlean, food writer for The Australian, declared the final resulted in two winners, giving Callum high praise for his efforts.
- Both The Age and the Herald-Sun have photo galleries of the final.
- The sky-high ratings have been the focus of many stories – Bloomberg and the ABC reported on the record highs, and subeditors at Perth Now, The Gold Coast News and The Australian were reaching for food metaphors.
- In the US and the UK, the reporting was focussed on the fact that the debate was moved to accommodate a cooking show.
- And Terry Durack has used the show to flog the dead horse of Melbourne-Sydney rivalry. Yawn. Because it’s all about Sydney and Melbourne, and not about the fact that three of the past four finalists were from South Australia, and none have been from either Sydney or Melbourne.
Both Callum and Adam will be on the 7pm Project tonight, and Marion is making an appearance on Good News Week (Channel Ten, 7.00pm and 8.30pm respectively).
Speaking of television, our very own Reality Raver was on The Morning Show this morning. I have searched for a link to the video but the Seven site is being uncooperative, informing me that the video is no longer available. If any of you guys manage to track down a link, please share!