Masterchef – team challenge

The preview makes me reconsider my decision to blog tonight: a food court challenge immediately makes me think “People of Walmart”, and my biliousness increases when we see Dani doing her usual commentary about weak team-mates. If I don’t get through this recap, send help.

Masterchef house: Billy and Alana are relaxing by playing a computer game, and Ellie and Dani are in a table tennis tournament. Hmph.  And Adam suggested that things were tough!  Who wouldn’t want to spend time with near strangers relaxing for a camera crew?  Mat interrupts the good times by telling them they have to be at Westfield. Hayden, of course, is safe from the horrors of the suburban shopping mall.

Gary welcomes the contestants, who’ve been randomly divided into teams by the old escalator trick. He seems to think that people go to food courts looking for great food. Sigh. “But tonight…”  [I hold my breath, thinking he’s about to be struck by a fit of honesty and say “there’s even less chance they’ll get that, since you lot are cooking”] “…it will be a culinary coliseum”. One person from each team will be “battling it out against each other, gladiator style” at each of the six outlets. Winners get to eat at a fabulous restaurant. Strangely, Gary is going to send them all to Surry Hills to eat at Marque, instead of just treating them to some of the great food available at the food court. The whole losing team will face elimination. [One of the regular commenters, EH, has informed me that this particular Westfield is in the CBD, not a suburban mall, and that the food court outlets are run by well-known chefs – Justin North is one, and he made an appearance on MC not long ago.  I must have missed that bit – I guess my conditioning goes straight from “shopping mall food court” to “slop” with no stops in between.  What we saw tonight… but I’m getting ahead of myself.]

Matt Moran lists off the usual suspects of food court fare, but adds an evil twist: food intolerances, allergies and “food choices”.

Kate interviews that she is well aware of all sorts of intolerances and allergies, "being a mum", but her face tells a different story.

Pairs are decided by a coin toss.

• Billy (blue team) chooses pastry. Michael interviews that this is a natural choice, as “he is the queen of pastry”. He gets egg and sugar intolerance to go with his choice. He chooses to cook against Michael.
  • Mat (red team) puts his hand up. He chooses the rotisserie… and gets diabetic and vegan. Seriously, this is lame. He wisely chooses Danielle, instead of Sun, as his opponent.
  • Ellie (blue team) chooses fish and chips, low salt and low fat. She goes up against Craig because she only sees him cooking desserts. “Cooking fish and chips – no problem! That’s probably why I’m overweight”. Did he miss the “low fat” part?
  • Alana (red team) chooses lactose free, low carb pizza and will cook against Kumar because she thinks he struggled with pizzas in the team challenge.
  • Sun (blue team) will be cooking gluten free, vegan Mexican, which she is half happy about as she can knock up “bangin’ beans”. Not my description, I hasten to add. She chooses Peter. She doesn’t realise he’s spent time in Mexico.
  • Dani (red team) is last to choose and she gets “burger, low salt and low carb”. She interviews (from what I can make out between the incessant giggling) that it will be hard.

Maybe she can "invent" a burger that has chicken breast instead of buns, and a filling of salad, and call it the "Dani double down". She will be cooking against Kate.

Cooking

Dani is making a burger with mushrooms, wagyu and lettuce. Kate is nervous and sends me reaching for a paper bag to hyperventilate in as she reminds us of Dani’s inventiveness with RICE BURGERS.

Breathe…

Kate is making a dough with a small amount of flour, but adding potato flour and brown rice flour which… I’m no nutritionist, but aren’t they carbs? For some reason Dani is as stunned as I am and lets on to Kate that it’s a bad idea. Kate immediately shares this intel with Kumar.

Ad break, and I’ve got to say (this might be controversial) that I miss the days when AFL was only shown on 7 so I wouldn’t have to see any footy related guff on other channels.

Kumar is doing a savoury pizza with eggplant, mushroom and tomatoes, and a fig and goats cheese pizza. His base now has more semolina in it (and I haven’t suddenly gained a qualification in nutrition since last time, but is semolina any better? And goat’s cheese? Hmmm).

Alana respects Kumar’s flavour combinations. She’s making one pizza, with lots of ingredients (grilled capsicum, herbs, eggplant, olives, anchovies and goats cheese) and her low-carb base is a mix of white flour and semolina. I guess the cheese and semolina are okay, then.

Billy is making a jaffa cake with an almond base and chocolate mousse top.

Michael is making a banana mousse tart with caramelised bananas.

Peter wants to win! So does Sun! He is making a burrito wrap, corn salsa, guacamole and chilli con carne. Surely he means chilli non carne.

Sun is doing a burrito with roasted corn and some guacamole. For a minute I thought she’d forgotten about those “bangin’ beans” but she’s going to do a “nice bean mix”. Which… is what Peter’s doing, right?  She’s feeling confident but notes that they are all “fairly decent cooks now”. Surely they were… oh, never mind.

Chris Craig [thanks, Littlepetal] is doing a marron salad, steamed flathead and sweet potato fries. He thinks age and experience will beat innocence and youth.  I think people should learn from the mistakes of others – steaming flathead seems risky to me.

Ellie is making a salmon roulade, which she will poach. The care she takes over removing the bones suggests that George will be put in the position of trying to pretend he’s not choking when he tries her dish.

Mat points out that a vegan is unlikely to even go to a rotisserie. This is his cooking nightmare, but he is cracking on with a ratatouille with vincotto reduction. He tries to render some editors redundant by creating his own fireball.

Danille is doing a rotisserie grilled capsicum stuffed with mushroom and quinoa with a roasted corn salad and grilled fennel. She thinks she has the edge over Mat.

As time ticks on

• Kate observes that Dani is going no carb, but the instruction was “low carb”, so she’s going to do a flat bread.
  • Peter notes that he and Sun are pretty much making the same thing. Bangin’ beans.
  • Billy and Michael think they’re okay.
  • Craig is doing the fish “en papillote” which is a good nod to the Masterclass move.
  • Ellie is chopping lots of things and is worried about time.
  • Alana considers doing an extra pizza but decides to focus on her savoury.
  • “You can’t stretch time – there’s no gluten in that” bellows Gary, who must have lost a bet with George.
  • Ellie’s chips are burnt, Craig’s fish might be underdone, Billy’s cake is too warm and his mousse is melting, Kate’s burgers are collapsing, Dani is rapid-fire worrying about… everything and Gary and George are doing some subtle marketing for Kung Fu Panda 2.

After the fireball takes care of Billy’s melting mousse, Sun has her own little meltdown with an uncooperative tortilla. She decides to copy Peter’s method and is immediately smitten by karma when she burns her hand on a hot pan. The medic watches on as Sun completes her copy-crepe, and we cut to Ellie’s roulade, which is mighty disconcerting, as I thought it was a close up of the burnt flesh. Eeew.

Time’s up, and we get Dani’s “weakest team-members” soundbite again and it’s not redeemed by context.

Tasting (red team member = first name)
Peter vs Sun

• Sun’s presentation is hideous – she wasn’t exaggerating when she said she just “plops it on the plate”. They don’t comment on the plating up, which is a bit of an oversight. George likes the bright and green avocato and the beans.
  • Moran is engulfed in a well-timed fireball when he tastes the super-hot chilli. Well, he can’t say he wasn’t warned. George says it’s beautiful and the presentation is glamorous. Moran thinks the burrito is bland.

Dani vs Kate

• Gary gets too much salt on his lips from the “little twist” that Kate gave and thinks the carbs are “way too much”. Moran wants to forgive it because it’s “such a great tasting burger”.
  • George thinks the Dani’s burger requires a bib. It looks tiny when he picks it up, and he doesn’t look as though he has giant meat-hooks. Pluses, to Gary, are low carb and he couldn’t taste any seasoning. Heh. “It’s bland”. Well, DUH.

Craig vs Ellie
Craig seems too cocky to get away with victory tonight, but we’ll see (as he says).

• Unsurprisingly, George loves Ellie’s dish. We don’t get anybody else’s viewpoint – well, why would we? It’s not as though George could fail the objectivity test, right?
  • Gary loves Craig’s marron salad but the fish tastes like cardboard. Oops. Moran agrees that it is overcooked. Didn’t Craig think it was under?

Mat vs Danielle

• George thinks Danielle’s dish is really healthy. Gary says it’s packed full of flavours and fulfils the vegan/diabetic brief, but thinks it’s not “rotisserie”.
  • Will we get an Anton Ego moment with Mat’s ratatouille? Gary is pleased that it was mostly from the rotisserie, and George continues his run of bad luck with raw food. “Oi can’t eat it” he pronounces, having spent aeons sawing away at some eggplant. It’s not raw chicken, George, it won’t kill you.

Alana vs Kumar
Moran pulls Kumar up over the goat’s cheese, and Gary confirms that it still has some lactose. Alana looks concerned, as well she should, given that the cheese is only on half of Kumar’s pizza, but all over hers.
They note that the lactose-free half of Kumar’s pizza is okay, and that Alana has made a really nice pizza, but it’s not lactose-free.

Michael vs Billy

• Gary likes the flavour of Billy’s chocolate mousse, but finds the cake stodgy. We’ve already seen George pull it apart in distaste. “This is the worst we’ve seen you cook, to be honest” says Gary.
  • Moran loves that pastry on the bottom of Michael’s dish. George reels off a string of adjectives, none of which is “beautiful”, and finishes with “who’s the pastry king now?”. They all chuckle, but according to Michael’s earlier assessment of Billy’s place in the royal pastry family, they are now perfectly matched.

Judging

Michael def Billy. One to red.
Sun def Peter. One all.
Kumar def Alana. Blue is in the lead.
Ellie def Craig. Blue.
Dani def Kate. Red is still trailing by one. Dani is being confirmed as the “burger queen”. Blerg.
Danielle def Mat. Blue wins. I wonder what would have happened if it had been a three all tie.

Blue will go to Marque, and Red will fight it out for elimination.  And I will consider investing in a smaller television in case I watch any more of this show – watching George eat on the large-ish screen is making me ill.

1 littlepetal { 06.22.11 at 9:35 pm }

You must be thinking too much of Chris (who is Chris?) LOL. I think you meant Craig.

Not really a team challenge. Its more an individual challenge. They should send the loser of each pair into the elimination challenge.

2 Injera { 06.22.11 at 9:38 pm }

Thanks, Littlepetal – fixed!

3 Heléna { 06.22.11 at 9:35 pm }

I thought Danielle should have lost to Matt considering he used the rotisserie more – by the look of Matt’s face I think he thought so too – it will be interesting to hear from him when he is finally released

4 EH { 06.22.11 at 9:54 pm }

Thanks for another brilliant recap, Injera. You cracked me up with Dani’s double down invention!! Ace! How is it called team challenge when they don’t work as a team at all??? By the spund of it, I don’t think I am inspired to cook any of these dishes.

5 AnnyB { 06.22.11 at 10:03 pm }

So that we don’t confuse it with other lowly food courts they prefer to call it a Food Atrium, meh.

6 AnonyMousse { 06.22.11 at 10:09 pm }

Being neither lactose-intolerent nor a mum (as that’s apparently also a qualification for knowing such details, according to Kate), I googled goat’s cheese and they were right, still some lactose (apparently it depends on the person on whether their lactose-intolerence gets triggered by goats cheese or not). So fair enough for Kumar to win that one. Dani’s burger looked disgusting – I suppose it was a victory that it was only bland, then. Guess she also won due to sticking to the dietary theme.

Possibly the greatest shock of the night was finding out that Mat’s considered to be the meat master of the house, considering what we see of his efforts on screen. Maybe he has a really good timer app or something.

Is the whole dairy Queen thing a gay joke? I noticed Michael was careful to call himself a King when he took over the name.

All-in-all, I enjoyed that episode a lot more than most from the past few weeks – even though it wasn’t a true team challenge I at least got to see what everyone was cooking, and got at least some exposure to all the contestants. Why can’t they afford the time to do this in all the episodes?

7 ArtAttack { 06.22.11 at 10:09 pm }

I’m irritated by the ‘lactose free’ challenge and the incorrect information spouted by the judges…. I’m quoting from the Gut Foundation pamphlet on lactose intolerance here… “Most cheeses have almost no lactose so you don’t have to limit them”. I’m hoping they will clear that up with the contestants at some stage.

8 ArtAttack { 06.22.11 at 10:19 pm }

Anonymousse – you are right about the goats cheese having *some* lactose, but the info I looked at said that cheddar cheese has none…. so they could have used some cheese on their pizzas, but I was sure I heard Gary say that he wouldn’t put any cheese on if someone asked for lactose free…

9 Oshada { 06.22.11 at 10:23 pm }

I too, thought ‘queen’ was a (perhaps lighthearted?) dig at Billy. Glad Kumar won, as always!

Regarding lactose, any cheese with 0 g of sugar is lactose free, since lactose is obviously a sugar. They could have used a good Swiss cheese, shame.

10 AnonyMousse { 06.22.11 at 10:31 pm }

From what I read, the difference between Goat and Cow milk (and the cheese they create) is that Goat’s cheese is naturally homogenized, which in layman’s apparently means that the fat globules are small and don’t seperate from the milk whereas the Cow’s bigger bubbles do seperate and possibly cause irritation/etc.

The key point most sites I read had was that yes, a lot of people with lactose intolerence could eat goat’s cheese – but lactose intolerence can vary wildly from person to person so it’s most, but not necesarrily all. I think this was the angle the judges were coming from – the ‘why risk a lawsuit for your restaurant?’ angle.

11 BenSmith { 06.22.11 at 10:46 pm }

Did anyone notice that Kumar reproduced the exact same pizza that Kate created 1 week earlier in the Eco Challenge-Procuitto, goats cheese and fig? Based on this, imo the pizza vote should have gone to the Red team. How hard is to come up with some original toppings!?!?!?

12 wallah { 06.22.11 at 10:52 pm }

Sorry, was firing up a fat one and listening to Killing Joke…can’t stand this show anymore. I really can’t take it. Recaps only for me. I dimly remembered they had some model hosting in Season One…..

13 littlepetal { 06.22.11 at 10:54 pm }

Yes, lots of lactose intolerance people can have some goat’s cheese but the more severe ones can’t. So you still have to be very careful with them.

Just like gluten intolerence – some can have some oats but most can’t

14 brain dead dave { 06.22.11 at 10:58 pm }

Craig did say he thought his fish was under done then was caned for it being too dry . I enjoyed that Allie flogged him,especially telling him to “get over it” when he sledged her for leaving a mess. He does some sort of runner tomorrow night but it looks very staged.

Danielle in the leopard prints. Fail. I’ve never seen a leopard with saddlebags like that.

15 Reality raver { 06.22.11 at 11:00 pm }

Great recap. Hilarious. Love the photos.

16 Jojo { 06.22.11 at 11:27 pm }

Great recap. And thank goodness for recaps because I don’t think I could possibly sit through this.

Please please please let it be Dani to go next.

17 KC { 06.22.11 at 11:29 pm }

Totally unrelated but am reading Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain and in opening pages he states, ‘My naked contempt for vegetarians, sauce-on-siders, the ‘lactose intolerant’…’ Man he would have hated this challenge.

18 Pollywaffle { 06.22.11 at 11:48 pm }

Was waiting for the Glutton Free challenge but alas the judges turned up

19 JaniceG { 06.23.11 at 12:06 am }

In terms of what we actually saw on screen, this was probably the best episode yet: miraculously, we got to see actual cooking! Most of the interview time was about actual decision making and cooking techniques! They showed every single competitor’s dish! See, Channel 10, was that so hard?

However, the show is still brought down by the inconsistent and capricious judging. Alana: cheese on your pizza so you didn’t fulfill the brief, point to Kumar. Danielle: you barely used the rotisserie at all but you win the point over Mat, who did.

And, biggest complaint of all, a whole-team elimination when some people won their individual competition, whereas other times in whole-team cooking, only two people went for elimination. Really unfair.

20 librarygirl { 06.23.11 at 7:47 am }

Perhaps it’s because I have to follow a really low salt diet I was absolutely GOBSMACKED by Kate, who must have been having a brain explosion – ADDING salt in a low salt challenge. Speechless.

21 Paul { 06.23.11 at 8:46 am }

Like the ingredients, this episode was one of the blandest in Masterchef history. Even the judges look bored.

Whats with all the PC crap this year. First we had the environmental challenge, now this. I thought they were going back to basics this year.

Could tonight be the night Mat goes – I know its not meant to theoretically happen for a few weeks but they never actually said anywhere that he was booted off post NY. Only that he was booted off.

The trailers seem to be hinting at something.

22 lagrossebrioche { 06.23.11 at 9:22 am }

Perhaps in the event of a tie no team wins and all the losers cook off while the winners head to marque?

23 Culinary Boner { 06.23.11 at 9:23 am }

This was the lamest challenge based on the lamest concept in MasterChef’s short history. And, as Paul said, the blandest. I guess most TV shows have the life expectancy of a lab rat – ca. 3 years, if lucky – so why should MCA be any different.

24 Fides { 06.23.11 at 11:28 am }

Paul – I totally agree re the PC nature of the team challenges of the last two weeks. I was almost thinking next week it will be catering for different religious requirements – (and the Mat will get cooking for Hindus) but then I remembered they’re already doing that with the Dalai Lama episode.

I fear that it’s Michael who goes tonight though I hope I’m way off. Just b/c of Dani’s crying, (which must mean she’s safe) – I was thinking of the people amongst the reds she might cry for, and I think she is quite good friends with Michael and also Mat, though I reckon he’s safe. But I hope Dani’s just crying because she’s an emotional kinda gal and all it takes is for Gary to say “one of you is leaving this comp for good” to set her off.

I’m so sick of the ridiculous metaphors they use, but fighting food gladiators is the worst. The only good bit was seeing Gary hamming it up with that ninja pose – wish I could see all the takes for that one.

25 brain dead dave { 06.23.11 at 11:41 am }

I agree that Dani is safe because of going the blub.

Now the Cello dude does a bolt and looks pretty stressed as he runs out and into the garden ,where the cameras are suspiciously ready and waiting. I think he’s safe so I can only surmise :

*He’s spat the dummy and is being a drama queen.
* He’s burnt his hand and know there’s an Aloe Vera bush in the garden
* He knows where Greasy’s Smartphone is and is going to shaft him.
* He’s found some kind of exotic,edible alament in the garden.

26 kingfisher { 06.23.11 at 12:01 pm }

what a load of bullcrap this episode was useless ,no salt ,no sugar ,no dairy products, NO FRIGGIN TASTE !!! thats why peters mexican wrap was bland you dumb moron judges and craigs fish when it was on the plate your could see how juicy it was , if only craig had unbutton his shirt just like ellie he could have won . how good was his plate with all that nice produce. as for godzillas non rotisserie meal snores ville ! you do the brief you lose as what happen to mat .kumar and allana (she’s bordering on being a bit cute ) both should have lost ,end of story there . Does low salt mean low salt or no salt , fat head gary and his “whoa i can taste salt “like duh! thats low salt you can taste the rest of the burger is bland as s..t . what’s the point of cooking in a food court when nobody else is tasting it ? can’t they just stay in there own mc building . again we had to see the surfer dude topless again ,knowing my luck they’ll show godzilla getting out of the shower and i’ll be struck down with blindness for the rest of my life !!!!!

27 brain dead dave { 06.23.11 at 12:01 pm }

Since when did Ma$terchef care about people’s health?

Just watching last night’s debacle made me sick.

28 Pollywaffle { 06.23.11 at 12:12 pm }

Next serious food challenge for MC?

…. a pureed everything challenge for the old folks home – yes, we want you to puree the prawn shells too
…. cater for the irritable bowel syndrome sufferer annual fete event….results will be audible
…. detention centre nibbles on arrival

29 NT Kate { 06.23.11 at 12:20 pm }

Although a bit PC, I actually think this challenge is not a bad one, and it certainly exposed once again the utter incompetence and basic food knowledge (lack of intelligence and commonsense) of the participants – of which Kate’s just a ‘twist of salt’ line took the cake (true that low salt doesn’t necessarily mean no salt, but most foods already naturally contain sodium in varying quantities). And not to know what a carbohydrate is?!

And having those salt addicted judges doing the judging on a challenge of this kind was silly – they needed some people whose palates had adjusted to lower salt levels, and actually knew what they were talking about on lactose etc. Dani’s ‘burger’ for example, would I’m pretty sure be a fail for a diabetic as they do actually need some carb! But similarly, Kate’s hunk of flat bread was indeed probably far too much (although presumably you wouldn’t have to eat it all…).

Very silly though to make this a ‘team’ challenge – why not just put the losers in each pair in elimination!

30 Link Time – Tobey Maguire Sued Over Illegal Gambling | Luxury Brand { 06.23.11 at 2:45 pm }

[…] A re&#99a&#112 &#111f the M&#97ste&#114Chef team &#99hallen&#103e at the new Sydney Westfield food &… – Realit&#121 Ravings […]

31 brain dead dave { 06.23.11 at 3:45 pm }

Ah ,Pollywaffle ,I’m loving the detention centre nibbles challenge. Measurements could be made of the amounts of carbon used to cook the respective dishes, in the dish itself and finally the amounts of methane and various greenhouse gases produced by the detainees. The contestants have to cook “outside their comfort zones” ie on the roof.

32 davsimp { 06.23.11 at 4:09 pm }

Great re-cap Injera, love it!!

I didn’t mind this challenge at all. At least we got to see everyone’s dish and we pretty much heard from all of them too. I guess this happens more as they get whittled down.

Hope to God Michael doesn’t get the arse tonight. Be too much to expect that Dani goes I suppose. Saw the quick preview for tonight with Gary telling someone they have to leave the competition. So does that mean someone has to leave, as well as the person who cooks the worst dish? Or by having this person leave, does it mean the other five will be saved by default?

33 Jess { 06.23.11 at 4:25 pm }

I don’t think this was a particularly “PC” challenge. Most of them were valid dietary requirements for legitimate medical issues. And a chef at a restaurant would likely have to deal with such things.

And, eh…there is lactose in goat’s milk. But it’s practically a negligible amount. Also, having zero sugar in the nutritional information doesn’t necessarily mean it’s lactose free. It just means that the amount is small enough that they are not required to list it.
In the US, if a product contains less than 0.5g of sugar per serve, they’re allowed to list it as having zero sugar. The main ingredient to Tic Tacs is sugar. Tic Tacs weigh less than 0.5g each. Consequently, Tic Tacs are officially sugar free.

34 Culinary Boner { 06.23.11 at 4:41 pm }

Pollywaffle, bdd you’d better stop coming up with “policy ideas” else you’ll be conscripted to work for the federal government. Surely someone in the immigration portfolio has now noted your ‘ultimate deterent’ for illegal arrivals and is costing it now- a detention centre where all food is by eliminated MCA contestants (and you get a whopping bill to pay for all the Coles produce used, upon deportation). PR for this new ‘tough’ policy will be free, via Ten beaming the culinary prowess of the contestants around the globe.

35 Fides { 06.23.11 at 5:15 pm }

davsimp – interesting! I’d like someone else to have an epiphany and leave, plus they kick out the worst cook. So at this rate, we could lose up to 4 a week and the show will be over in 3 -4 weeks. Maybe Dani leaves on a high to start up a new venture called Burger Queen.

36 brain dead dave { 06.23.11 at 5:48 pm }

Slogan: “Who knows where Chef’s fingers been -when you eat at Burger Queen”

37 FO....SIZZLE { 06.23.11 at 5:48 pm }

It’s so bloody obvious that George wants to BONK Ellie baaadly, that salmon was raw… If she ends up winning masterchef she better get on her knees for George or hes gonna be pissed

38 brain dead dave { 06.23.11 at 5:55 pm }

At Burqa Queen you can buy a Big Mecca(tm)

“We’re only in it for the prophet”

39 davsimp { 06.23.11 at 6:21 pm }

Fides, that’s what bothered me about the Adam/Danielle thing. He left voluntarily, and she was the worst cook of the day, so they either both should have gone or they should have brought back an eliminated contestant, like are supposedly doing when they kick Mat out.

And for the record, I thought Mat’s dish should have won against Danielle’s as he maximised the usage of the rotisserie as well as put up a great dish. Guess the judges wanted the blues to win it last night.

40 robbo { 06.23.11 at 6:57 pm }

I am starting to warm a little to Mat. I think I would have smuggled in a phone as well, not to look up recipes but just to contact family and friends and keep in touch with the world. One 10 minute phone call a week which is listened in on is ludicrous. You would get better treatment in a prison. I reckon a smart lawyer could probably pick holes in their contracts. Harsh and unreasonable treatment, kidnapping, deprivation of liberty, the unequal bargaining power of the two parties and so on.

41 Fides { 06.23.11 at 7:21 pm }

davsimp – I totally agree on all counts. When I listened to Adam’s commentary, it sounded almost like there was a possibility the worst cook of the day was still going to go home. Last year after the policewoman walked, they still eliminated Devon in the same episode. But MC is nothing if not consistently inconsistent! I also thought Mat did well last night – his row of vegies on the rotisserie was hilarious. Plus he was commended on his good flavours.

And re the Burger Queen – the scary thing is I can picture roadside signs Dani’s big smiley face with a jauntily placed tiara, (like Colonel Sanders or Ronald McDonald). And BDD, I definitely would not try Dani’s paella burger!

42 Laura { 06.23.11 at 10:00 pm }

Thought it was stupid that the whole team was up for Elimination.

They seem to make it deliberately unfair. The one challenge where they don’t work as a team at all, the whole team is up. Then the one challenge where they truly have to be collaborative and no one has responsibility for a dish (the Nigella challenge) they have to choose 2 to go up. Crazy and mean of the producers.

43 Culinary Boner { 06.24.11 at 11:52 am }

I can see the ads now:-
Burger Queen’s Size-Queen Super Triple-Decker Mushroom Supreme – see if ya can get that into ya orifice!

44 Diabetes Information { 07.09.13 at 2:34 am }

Hi it’s me, I am also visiting this website daily, this web page is in fact good and the people are really sharing nice thoughts.