Masterchef Australia’s Chris Badenoch – Was He Pushed From Beermasons?

There had been plenty of whispers going around that Masterchef Australia’s resident bad boy Chris Badenoch had left Beermasons, the beer club business he was involved in prior to his reality TV show appearance. The big question was whether he jumped or was he pushed? It was unclear when the negative stories emerged last year about his previous business dealings, including bankruptcies whether his BeerMason partners knew about them.

However now it is confirmed in an article in Brew News.

The article says:

Since finishing on Masterchef, Chris has left the beer appreciation and delivery service that he helped to found, BeerMasons, to concentrate on the opportunities that Masterchef has afforded, including writing for magazines such as Alpha. He also has a book, combining beer with his nose-to-tail philosophy of cooking, in the works and due out by Fathers Day.

He has also started a blog called Cooking With Beer. I note that he has not put a link to his former company on his blog roll, which would suggest either an oversight, or an acrimonious ending of the partnership.

Did the his publisher’s know he was leaving Beermasons? As apparently they were going to call it the Beermason’s Cookbook. Oh well they will have think of a new title now. However it is anywhere as popular as the other Masterchef cookbooks they will be very happy.

He is still seeing his Masterchef colleague Julia Jenkins, who apparently did some cooking demonstrations in Perth the other week.

1 Culinary Boner { 03.24.10 at 1:17 pm }

Good post, Raver.
Hoping Chris will make a guest appearance on MCA this year.
But maybe the producers might be worried that this season’s female contestants will be unable to keep their legs together once they encounter the beer stud. That hat has just gotta be impregnated with pheromones.
Having him lead the contestants on a challenge in which they have to cook a pig’s head or some form of intestines would be a good way of weeding out the sqeamish girly types – both the shelias and the blokes.
Have to say that his blog is a very nice piece of work. Great photos. Can’t beat the classic combo of meat, offal and designer beer. Will be trying the Bunny and Beer recipe as the colder months descend.

2 Masterchef Australia Two New Advertisement And Launch | reality ravings { 03.24.10 at 2:23 pm }

[…] Pity I was  not there as I could have asked Chris Badenoch about the reasons behind his split with Beermasons (See previous blog post here.) […]

3 Wurstsemmel { 03.24.10 at 4:07 pm }

You know, every time you post a picture of CB, I feel the need to go away and wash my hands afterwards.

4 Paris-End { 03.24.10 at 5:13 pm }

Ha Ha Ha, it couldn’t have happened to a nicer bloke! It’s called Karma Chris, and it can be a REAL BITCH

5 Paris-End { 03.24.10 at 5:21 pm }

I bet all the people that you STILL owe money to aren’t suprised that yet another of your businesses/associations have ended under a cloud

6 Ginger { 03.24.10 at 6:39 pm }

It’s amazing how opinionated you clowns are about something you can’t possibly know anything about.

7 sourkraut { 03.24.10 at 9:40 pm }

Ah the good old moral high ground!

8 calista { 03.24.10 at 9:48 pm }

ginger,
your name must be julia jenkins or your surname is badenoch as everyone else has washed their hands of this loser. It’s not about knowing about something, it’s about seeing a consistent pattern (of failure).

9 Reality Raver { 03.24.10 at 11:59 pm }

Ginger – happy to hear the other side of the story. I thought there was going to be a Beermason’s restaurant, which personally I thought was a pretty good concept.

10 fiver { 03.25.10 at 11:36 am }

this is good news! I might even join beer masons now this twat has left it! What a complete loser, fail, fail, fail….

11 Ginger { 03.25.10 at 12:56 pm }

Hey I’ve got a good idea. Instead of making shit up why don’t you just contact Beermasons and ask them!
I’d actually love to hear the truth rather than some fiction.
Looking forward to an update on this story with some facts.

12 Reality Raver { 03.25.10 at 1:17 pm }

Ginger – I am one step ahead of you, I already emailed them for comment before I wrote the post – no response as yet.

However there is no phone number for Beermasons that I could find, otherwise I would have rung. If anyone has the contact number please email me realityravings@hotmail.com

13 Paris-End { 03.25.10 at 1:27 pm }

I wonder if Chris will be willing to pay back all of his outstanding debts/creditors with both the sizeable advance he would have received from his cookbook publisher and then from the ongoing royalties? People that think it is ok to leave others with their debt need to learn it is not. I’m sure clearing this up would go a long way to cleaning up his image. I have a $10.00 note that says he wont even give it a second thought!

14 Steve { 05.25.10 at 2:39 pm }

I can assure you the BeerMasons know him personally (better than anyone on here). He’s a nice guy and a great cook. Good luck to him.

15 stefano { 03.19.12 at 10:22 pm }

In case anyone is interested, I joined BeerMasons. The first pack was good but then the second was exactly the same! Every single bottle, identical. The whole concept behind the business is they send you a variety of rare/good beers from all around the world. I’ve tried contacting them over a period of 3-4months and have received no reply. I think I will cancel…