The X Factor – The Top 12

The top 12 was announced and there were some bold decisions by some coaches.

First person in for the under 25 boys was Audil the life guard and Jason from the small town also made it through. Jason has a high likeability factor and he is different from the other boys but not sure he will be up to the live shows.

It was also surprising that Mel B decided not to take Matt Gresham as he has had some amazing performances. It was Josh who clinched the last spot in the top 12 for the boys.

It was no surprise that Guy Sebastian selected Samantha Jade over Danielle. She can sing what he may need to do is de-professionalise her.  He also took through Justin Standly the prison choir singer, who has not seen his kids for years, which was another interesting choice. Guy must think his back story and different singing style will get him votes.  The last person he took through onto Guy’s team was wedding singer Nathanial.

Nat B took through Angel Tupai, Bella Ferraro and Shiane. How the hell did Vendulka NOT make it through she has been flawless and composed throughout the whole process. She should have been in there ahead of Shiane. Shiane has a great voice but she just is too young when it comes to performing and maturity.

Ronan ended up putting through all the boy bands,  Fortunate, What About Tonight and the boy super group. Not sure about that strategy as they are all similar and might split the group.  Also Ronan did not have a lot of choice, the girl duo just were not strong enough and nor were the twins.

What are your thoughts on the top 12?

1 Disappointed { 09.12.12 at 8:57 pm }

I feel that Audil and Bella F should not have gone through. They may have good voices but they can’t handle the pressure. They could have come back next year.
Camillo should have been chosen in the Under 25’s and the 14 year old from Cooma should have been chosen instead of Bella F

2 Sad { 09.12.12 at 9:13 pm }

I can’t believe Good Question aren’t through. Justin Standley is a perfect reality tv contestant who will struggle as an artist

3 Colleen { 09.12.12 at 9:42 pm }

Why, Vendulka was confident, mature, faultless innever performance. What was Nat thinking. Shianne is sweet, beautiful voice but too immature. Bella lost it. Will never understand this one.

4 Confused { 09.12.12 at 11:26 pm }

I hope we haven’t heard the last from Vendulka, who has shown more maturity and talent than others.

5 Eliza { 09.12.12 at 11:40 pm }

Same old thing again.. they have seem to have lots of great talent (as they continually say) but seem to make odd choices when selecting their artists to put through to the live shows.

Totally agree with everyone else that Vendulka should have gone in ahead of Shiane. Sure, she is talented but I too feel that she is not mature enough to handle the live shows. Vendulka on the other hand has always come across as being very mature for her age whilst also being a great singer. The favouritism given to Bella F has been so blatant ever since this show started.. I do hope though that she can pull it together for the live shows!

The under 25 boys are not a strong group at all. It would have been great if they could have just kept all of the under 25 girls instead. Guy’s choice of Justin baffled me beyond the reasoning that they wanted someone ‘older’ (like Andrew last year) or because of his back story. Definitely predicting him to be an early casualty. The groups… I agree with Sad.. why weren’t Good Question put through?! Ohhhh that’s right because they aren’t teeny bopper 18 year old boys. Looking back to the 90s though and even still today, it is undeniably true though that girls do love a boy band so can understand Ronan’s choices in that respect, seeing as they are the ones most likely to vote.

Will be interesting to see how they all go next week!

6 sue N { 09.13.12 at 8:22 am }

I thought Mel B made the strangest choices out of all the judges. I would have had Carmelo and Matt over any of the others- voice wise they are waaaaaay better.

I also think Vendulka should have been picked over Bella F. I love Shiane tho- I hope she copes and surprises everyone. her voice is gorgeous.

7 Mia { 09.13.12 at 10:41 am }

Vendulka was my favourite. A serious “WTF!?” moment in our household last night when Nat didn’t choose her. I’m not sure whether I can be arsed to even watch the live shows now.

8 Reality Raver { 09.13.12 at 11:33 am }

Agree re: not picking Vendulkar also Shiane has no hope of winning this year but in two years time she would have a much better chance.

9 joan { 09.13.12 at 12:44 pm }

Neither of the 14 yr olds should of gone through.

10 Chunks { 09.13.12 at 1:08 pm }

Welcome to reality TV talent shows, where potential for drama and for ‘tween girl votes and viewing will always outweigh actual talent.

11 brain dead dave { 09.13.12 at 1:16 pm }

Agree with Chunks about reality talent shows.Neither Josh or Shiane can win but the producers will have shot their collective load on the potential for tantrums and dramas from these two. Talent plays a second fiddle to the desperation and fragility of these types- and the producers love exploiting that. The judges play their part by building these wannabes up one week and then crapping on them the next. It’s about anything but music at the end of the day.

12 auds { 09.13.12 at 1:20 pm }

How Bella (cocked it up several times) got in over Vendulkar (flawless performance each time) I will never know. Total crap IMHO

Also how did Josh and the country boy ever make it through?? Ubefuckinglievable!!! The skinny Mr Bean dude was awesome as well as the blond guy with the tattoo on his neck. This a a farking farce now.

Contrary to everyone else I loved Shianne and hope she takes the whole thing out – her performances have been fantastic

13 A.P { 09.13.12 at 2:52 pm }

Bella and Shiane were always going to get through, don’t know why they drag it out.
The producers want interesting, different people with sob stories to compete. Happens with all these types of shows, judges favourites!

14 Ruby { 09.13.12 at 7:26 pm }

Hope the 2 boy bands split the vote thereby killing themselves off. Is anyone else put off by Josh’s mouth? How Vendulka wasn’t selected is beyond me, but then again, if there wasn’t favouritism then it wouldn’t be the x factor. I guess if Delta could mentor her friend on The Voice, then so can Guy. She won’t be popular with the girls so she won’t last. How the hell did the hick & dead beat dad get through? And hasn’t Bella Hunter inherited her father’s sneer?

15 Fiona { 09.14.12 at 7:01 pm }

I was surprised by Josh – his talent doesn’t match his desire I’m afraid, but he is super keen. Shianne has such a sweet personality that they must think the audience will love her – Vendulka didn’t connect quite so well perhaps? I knew the girls bands weren’t good enough, but thought Ronan might let one in to balance things out, I’m glad he picked the boys but they will hurt each other I think. Guy has the hardest group, always tricky with the older performers. Looking forward to the first show.

16 Jacques { 09.18.12 at 3:00 pm }

The whole X Factor is rigged obviously, now you are left with some people who can’t really sing, plus HOW THE HELL DID Bella get through after failing to sing, when real talent were knocked out. Funny how almost each team ended up with an under dog, I recon it’s all for ratings. Still can’t believe Bella made it, and now she is getting all big headed. Can’t watch anymore. CRAP, just crap.

17 Jacques { 09.18.12 at 3:24 pm }

Can’t believe that anyone with a brain and Character like Guy Sabastion would be a part to all this, when the show clearly exploits people in the form of ratings. Anyone with REAL talent should stay away from X Factor. Bring back Venduka, she was amazing, showed much more maturity than many others, she deserves a chance, and she REALLY can sing.