My Kitchen Rules – Harry And Christo Finally Go To Sudden Death

In a surprising twist on My Kitchen Rules Harry and Christo don’t make Honey Soy Chicken wings when they are told they had to make a chicken dish. They made Chicken Laksa to showcase their skill set. Harry was insisting he made it all the time but I presume this was probably with a pre-made curry paste.

It was the chicken or the egg challenge with two teams having to cook eggs and the other two chicken.

Chloe and Kelly were up against Carly and Tresne. The WA girls made Middle Eastern Eggs With Couscous. They were hoping to also make aioli made with quail yolks. Probably not the most practical idea ever and as expected did not come off. Carly and Tresne were making Thai Egg Nets with Pork and Prawn. The flavour of their dish was great but the egg net was just egg and not very flavoursome. Pete Evans pointed out that normally it is flavoured with fish sauce and palm sugar. The WA girls eggs which were drenched in smoked paprika must have been bad as it was nominated as the worse dish of the day.  Even though Carly and Tresne did not showcase the egg they won the egg battle. Manu told them the flavour they brought to the dish brought it to the next level. Then he muttered something so indecipherable that even rewinding three times could not reveal what it was. Subtitles please.

The judges picked Josh and Danielle’s Chicken Two Ways  over Harry and Christo’s “flavourless” Chicken Laksa. Even though the fried chicken was undercooked, Josh and Danielle have strong techniques and at this stage of the competition must be one of the favourites to win. The only other couples coming close would be Bree and Jessica, Blair and Paul and possibly the Tassie girls, but I think their repetoire might stop them in their tracks later in the competition.

Chloe after having a little weep as she thought the quail dish was good pulled herself together for the cook off against Harry and Christo.  The girls made Japanese Poached Chicken and even though I am not a huge fan of the girls I was hoping they would not undercook the meat as this would give Harry and Christo to be safe again. They didn’t and Manu praised their broth and the chicken but did say the crispy chicken skin was over done.

Christo told Manu their Tortilla Espanola with chorizo it was their best presented dish in the competiton  and that he had ” given you pretty much what I have got on a plate”. Manu and Pete turned and smirked at each other. Pete Evan’s said the tortilla was humble and simple but he added that in Spain normally has onion in it. Manu said he loved the sauce that was full of flavour but the tortilla  was not strong enough in flavour or technique at this stage of the competiton. They were sent to sudden death. There is a reality TV God.

1 daisy { 03.19.14 at 1:25 am }

Thanks Jay. You have inspired me to invent the 45 degree toast and the 69 degree crumpet.

colonlolcolon will give you what you need

2 daisy { 03.19.14 at 1:28 am }

I did a Georgie and had a black out right in the last 10-15 minutes so I don’t know who got the boot tonight.
And, even worse, I missed the start of The Returned.

3 Georgie { 03.19.14 at 8:24 am }
4 PoRk ChOp { 03.19.14 at 8:32 am }

Ali #28 PMSL – thank you.

5 PoRk ChOp { 03.19.14 at 9:20 am }

Georgie
“Manu – moussaka = moosucker.”
Zofoony…I luff dat, zenku.

BDD #40 – brilliant idea, free judging, will post you my puppy pack…they would luff dat!

daisy #48…you are cordially invited to join the Manu Hair Debate: “To Bieber or not to Bieber.” Vevil geet tozebuttumofdees arr ting…noweereez!

Andrea #49 – Q: what is “wrong with these boys?” A: everything, plus the fact that they are “young, dumb, and full of…um.” Their under-cooking is predicated by chronic thoughts of girls, “in the raw,” therefore everything they touch is raw.

Georgie #53 – I will add your entry to the “MHD” – truly inspired.

Liz Egan’s dress was a sad indictment of current fashion – looked like she’d forgotten to change attire, after having just spent several days of hot ‘n heavy, with a knuckle dragging, pony tail pulling bloke, while wearing the dress, and then rocked up to MKR.

Grossi’s “suit!” Oh My Ga! Visuals of ’70s tablecloths flooded my mind! Why, of why, Guy? You looked like you had been excommunicated from a clown troupe, and you were allowed to keep your costume. All you needed to complete that look was “Annie’s” wig! And a heavily junked man’s shoes.

6 brain dead dave { 03.19.14 at 10:58 am }

The Zumbo Tim Tams are on special at Foodland again.

Harry appears to be recovering well from the busted neck if today’s interview on Turdrise is any indicator. They’re not planning a future in the food industry,that’s great news…and being realistic on their part.

Gary Mehigan went down the same road as Manu with beaverizing his hair . It looks ridiculous ,gice~unless one happens to be in primary school.

It’s going to be fun watching Horse Head and Jaws trying to seduce the blue collar horde tonight.

7 Littlepetal { 03.19.14 at 12:18 pm }

BDD, I have yet to see Gary with the beaver hairstyle!!! Are they trying to look young?? It won’t work.

Looking forward to see the girls stooping so low to seduce the workers.

8 Georgie { 03.19.14 at 12:38 pm }

PoRkChOp, #55 – what is MHD?
I Googled it and got these possibilities –
•Mexican Hat Dance
•My Horrible Dream
•Minimum Hamming Distance
•Multi-Head Disc
•Most Hated Driftas

Agree – Liz’s dress was interesting to say the least. When I clapped eyes on it I thought the offset bouffant bow would work well as a slop absorber and mouth corner wiper.

9 Jay { 03.19.14 at 12:49 pm }

Manu’s Hair Disaster maybe ? Georgie 58
Every time I read the comments the next day I wonder what I was doing because clearly I miss a lot. Will be watching far more closely this evening.
BDD 56 I’m shuddering at the thought of HH and Jaws using their feminine wiles – thanks for that little mind worm – it’s going to stick with me all day aaarrrgh.

10 Georgie { 03.19.14 at 1:06 pm }

I miss a lot too Jay, simply because I play games on the ipad instead of watching the tv screen. That’s a double miss because I use captions so don’t even see what they’re saying. I did look up in time to that dress however.

11 brain dead dave { 03.19.14 at 1:12 pm }

One has to mute it when the mindlessness of the peanut gallery features at sudden death. Tonight, I might not see the end because Puberty Blues is classy entertainment and Ch 7 are serving shit.

MHD? Manu’s Hair Do? My best guess.

Cheers Jay.

12 Littlepetal { 03.19.14 at 1:27 pm }

Same here, Georgie. I read emails or blog. But I do record the show. Sometimes I have to go back to watch again.

13 Sandii { 03.19.14 at 1:27 pm }

Manu hair debate! My guess

14 Ali { 03.19.14 at 1:31 pm }

Dogs are descended from wolves. When scavenging for food in the wild, as soon as they come across anything that halfway resembles food (hello Harry!) they quickly “wolf” it down before another pack dog can get to it. Then they skulk off to regurgitate it and examine the remains at leisure. If it still looks remotely edible, they gobble it up again.

MKR being judged by dogs would certainly be an eye opening experience.

15 Georgie { 03.19.14 at 1:38 pm }

Thanks bdd and Sandie they both make sense – I kinda like My Horrible Dream though! 😯

Littlepetal, I’m very lucky – I don’t have a recorder.

16 daisy { 03.19.14 at 2:09 pm }

Georgie, I was thinking Davey Crockett’s had but it didn’t have the tail. Give it time I suppose. I can’t see why it couldn’t be the next fashion.

17 daisy { 03.19.14 at 2:45 pm }

Georgie your Davey Crockett hat photo looks like something from the returned only the racoon would be alive and either eating his ears or bonking his head.
That reminds me; did anyone see the doco where Steven Fry let’s some NZ bird bonk his head.
I think he kept the bird and took it back to England
😉

18 daisy { 03.19.14 at 2:53 pm }

Porkchop@55 Peta will be onto Manu for cruelty to animals and the use of fur.

I like the term Beaver Head but I think it might be more a that he is protecting a rare marsupial by offering it a safe home. Or perhaps it is just a possum, possums. If it suddenly moves we’ll all get a fright.

19 PoRk ChOp { 03.19.14 at 6:00 pm }

Great efforts gice, however Sandii #63 – the first prize goes to you. I will be posting you your goodies soon.

You will receive a personally signed copy of “The Surfing Methuselah: How to Look as Good as Me and Live for Centuries.” The signature is authentic, however, for some reason Pete has signed Pee Evans. Maybe, all of those carrots he consumes, has had a reverse effect on his eyesight.

You will also receive a gift hamper of Pete’s home made super food products. Pete has been working overtime, gathering, organically growing, activating, and preparing these delights, himself. These treats will be hitting the shelves of Woollies, very soon. Pete has created this new sideline, in an attempt to generate revenue, endeavouring to save his “Hunter” restaurants. Included in your hamper will be some glorious treats, all lovingly presented. There will be Kefir and Chia Sauce, Spelt Shortbread (both plain and cacao chips varieties), Coconut and Chlorophyll Tea, Acai and Activated Almond Bars (Pete has activated each almond, individually, of course), Dried Aloe Vera Pretzels, Concentrated Goji Berry snacks (these work like amphetamines, allowing Pete to work 24/7), Dried Seaweed Snacks (seaweed collected by Pete, himself), Gingko and Milk Thistle Spread, Organic Hemp Protein Powder – you can sprinkle that onto Pete’s “Surfing Methuselah Muesli Mix,” Bee Pollen and Maca Mayo, Pumpkin and Blueberry Juice, and more.

You will also receive a stunning bouquet of Kale, Spinach and Endive leaves.

If you love Pete’s creations, you will be given the opportunity to join “The Surfing Methuselah’s Super Foods Online Club,” where you will be provided with recipes, ideas, and tips to guarantee that all members live as long as Pete, weekly comps, with great prizes, such as “Meet and Greet Pete!” The annual subscription is a mere $10K, but as Pete says “you can’t put a price on life.”

daisy, I left a message for you, on the Pete, dropping his daks, blog.

20 daisy { 03.19.14 at 6:36 pm }

OMG Sandii, congratulations :)

Porkchop may I hug the winner….a la beauty competition loser style.

21 Jay { 03.19.14 at 6:44 pm }

I’m visualizing Sandii fanning herself and exclaiming in true beauty queen mock surprise how unexpected this is and that it will lead to world peace !
PoRkChOp I was slightly disturbed reading 69 when I realised I actually have some of those items in my pantry. Strike that I am seriously disturbed by the contents of my pantry!

22 Sandii { 03.19.14 at 6:53 pm }

Claps hands with glee. I like prizes….! I am sure my shearers will love all those yummies when I present them with a meal made with those goodies next week. No more meat, meat, spuds and more meat as demanded by them. Won’t they be delighted when I lovingly bring forth Dried aloe pretzels.

23 brain dead dave { 03.19.14 at 6:58 pm }

I’m sure those shearers will appreciate the change from beer to coconut water.

24 Sandii { 03.19.14 at 7:07 pm }

Beer and meat!

25 Sandii { 03.19.14 at 7:10 pm }

Jay@ 71 when you visualize me, I hope you are visualizing a tall, thin, 22 year old with long flowing hair,. Because if you are, you would be soooooo spot on.

26 brain dead dave { 03.19.14 at 7:12 pm }

Re #74~ I bet their swags smell really great at sparrow’s.

27 Sandii { 03.19.14 at 7:16 pm }

I hear they are going to do mandatory drug testing in shearing sheds in the near future, not unlike the mining industry. I have told Mr Sandii if we have to do that we are selling the farm! Booze is the least of the problem in the shed these day

28 Bronwyn { 03.19.14 at 7:34 pm }

Would be interested to know Sandii, are they testing for prescription drugs?

29 Sandii { 03.19.14 at 8:07 pm }

Not sure Bronwyn. I have heard that it would be initiated by workcover. The onus would be on the owner to do the testing (again I say eeeeeeew there is no way I am taking a wee sample). Apparently it is done in new Zealand and has cleared the industry. I would assume if you had a script you would be exempt.

30 Bronwyn { 03.19.14 at 8:28 pm }

I’m thinking they would probably test for benzos and stilnox as well. NRL have just bought that in. Good luck with the urine testing, now that would be a nightmare!!!!

31 Sandii { 03.19.14 at 8:41 pm }

Small tip Bronwyn, I won’t be the one doing the sampling. I will be the one dry retching down the other side of the shed.

32 Georgie { 03.19.14 at 10:15 pm }

PoRkChOp #69 – I think the hamper is missing a liberal serving of fermented vegetables, particularly cabbage and a good helping of organic tinned legumes – chickpeas are the best. Eaten together, these two wonder foods have the power to kill romantic notions instantly. Good ammo for dutch ovens though.

33 Bronwyn { 03.19.14 at 10:35 pm }