Guest Post: House Rules – The Tassie Reno Continues

The reno continues in Tassie and Annajjj gives us another great recap:

We arrive in beautiful Tasmania in time to see the Cappers emerge from their tent. Hi ho hi ho, off to work I go sings Gapper and has he been drinking for Dwarves too? Carole is tired of the heavy lifting and plans to shop all day today.

McCrazy-Mad is back on set to steer the teams towards failure by telling them now is not the time to play it ‘safe’. Sure enough several teams take this advice right on board. In Oliver and Patrick’s room there is a plan for monkey rings and a climbing rope next to the suspended beds and that’s a broken arm just waiting to happen. There is an unsecured rock climbing wall in Harrison and Riley’s bedroom, and Mel says well as long as it looks good for the judges. Even Ryan gets in on the act by installing a skateboard ramp in Hayden and Logan’s room.

Mads goes mad with glitter in Mihayla’s room while Candy and Ryan go off to find Tasmania’s best and shyest graffiti artist. We don’t ever get to see this guy. Ryan has also found some rusty wheels, much to Mel’s envy, which will be perfect for the kitchen.

Carole is out shopping and calls Gapper to talk about curtains. Now I know these teams are under pressure but calling your partner a f***ing tosser on television? Not cool. Lisa is down at the marina looking for rope and she comes across Captain Sarah who has a deeper voice than Barry White. Sarah kindly offers to source some rope for Lisa who is ecstatic. How can they not win now?

Ignoring the whole ‘don’t play safe’ theme McIrresponsible is pushing, Mel and Bomber decide to change the height of their climbing wall. The higher the wall, the bigger and deeper the landing mat has to be. Bomber knew this all along apparently but didn’t bother to tell Mel who looks distressed that her awesome rock wall is now about hip height.

The Cappers have a plan not to argue anymore as Carole has decided she wants things to change around here. Perhaps start by not publicly calling your beloved a FT? Looking the part in white overalls she goes off to an antique auction and bids on some pieces of timber she wants for the mantlepiece. The auction starts and Carole, being Carole, refuses to lose and pays $135 which she thinks is a very good price. Gapper knows better than to argue. Good work he tells her. Thanks FT.

Ryan’s graffiti artist has cold feet and won’t be coming, then changes his mind and will be coming but then no..no he’s not coming. Candy tells Ryan she’ll bloody do it herself and goes off to the skater-park graffiti-art supply shop to buy spray paint. Hang on perhaps those guys might know someone…sure enough Candy has found artist dude Harry who will take on the job. Ryan is literally dancing for joy.

Bomber is doing what Bomber does second best and painting, while Mel nails wood paneling to the walls. Unlike me she can do pretty much anything, Bomber says and then tells her he wouldn’t swap her for any other girl in the competition. This brings Mel to tears and it brings me to tears too but not for the same reason. These two have four kids between them and Bomber’s kids look quite a lot older than Mel’s daughter.

Time for another prank! Oh get over this obsession with pranks already. It’s boring, childish and a waste of viewing time. Move on.

Mel brings home her rusty car doors and a bunch of other crap including a scary looking set of antlers attached to a skull. Wasn’t there a kid who suffers from nightmares? Let’s hope that doesn’t make it into his room.

Cappers argument time again as Gapper insists that using a combination of white, cream and green is using three colours and Carole insists it’s not. Bomber is brought in to mediate and he’s pretty chuffed with his new role of marriage counsellor. If I save a marriage here and there, well it’s just another notch on my belt he says proudly, while his ex-wife is probably at home watching and wishing someone would go and find a bee.

Chester! is back on set to tell Mads and Lloyd that they can’t do tiling until the concrete sets in 7 days and that would have been good to know 2 days ago. Carole has made up (again) with Gapper and she tells us that they need to have those horrible crappy days in order for Gapper to come to his senses and realise she is always right. We finish with some alarming shots of a black kids bedroom with nightmare-inducing art and Brooke appears again telling us how much she really hates graffiti.

1 Agent 86 { 05.22.14 at 10:31 am }

Thanks Annajjj.

Wow. It looks like Team Snow White’s former-cottage now McMansion is going to be a real mess. Possibly even worse than Adam and Lisa’s house with all the bizarre choices of colours and “play equipment” in the kid’s bedrooms, the odd choices by almost all teams to use “antique” (or just crap) furnishings which don’t look particularly suitable for a family with seven dwarves and the lack of any real flooring in the extension.

The decorator really needs to stop encouraging (or forcing) teams to go OTT. It’s why Bomber and Mel now seem to be proceeding with a rock climbing wall which will be shorter than the children who are meant to climb it. And why Ryan and Candy are creating the ideal emo bedroom for the skater bois that Team Snow White hope their children will grow up to be!

Still, Team Snow White are getting an extra 2.5 bedrooms and another internal bathroom, so even if they have to repaint, refloor and refurnish, they are still pretty lucky.

And I echo Annajjj’s pleas for no more pranks! The entire promo for the next episode was all about the “prank”. I don’t watch this show for foolish pranks by teams who would be better served if they spent more time painting and less time pranking.

2 jec { 05.22.14 at 10:32 am }

Great recap annajjj, as usual! So glad you left out that silly prank, though the only thing I wanted to say on that is Ryan & Candy must not want to get much sleep time if they’re roaming around in the dark playing tricks on Carole & Gapper.
Why oh why oh why are all the bedroom teams interpreting “fantasy” this way? Maybe it means “give the kids the room they’ve always wanted that we haven’t been able to give them”, eg, nice beds, bookshelves, cupboards, desks, etc. Not this rock-climbing, rope-swinging, graffiti nightmare that’s happening. Why didn’t they listen to Brooke’s parting words that “children grow up”?
The rope apparatus is going in a bedroom for a 10 year old boy. Rock-climbing wall is for two 6 year olds! And using hand-holds that only go one metre up the wall won’t get them far – even with 6 year olds their knees will be dragging on the floor. How is introducing car-door bedheads sticking to an “Outdoor Adventure” theme? Though I suppose someone would have to use a car to get to outdoor rock climbing. Introducing a car aspect into the room would have made it ideal to actually have a car theme. When my son was 3 to now (15) he would have loved that, and maybe the 6 year old twins would too.
And the paint colours! The Bombers are painting their bedroom walls a cornflour blue colour (which is looking quite purple-ish), Lisa & Adam are painting the bunks purple & pink by the looks of things. The moss/olive green choice for the main rooms is too dark, though it is good those teams are working together.
Everyone seems to have interpreted wood panelling and “dados” as “rustic country”. I hope the Snow Whites like that look.
Why can’t the fireplace that Mads & Lloyd are putting in move across the wall or into the opposite corner? Because of how close it is to the dining room table?
That’s about it for now. So many things to criticise!

3 Colleen { 05.22.14 at 10:32 am }

My son would hate all 3 of those bedrooms. His perfect room would have a massive bench/desk area for his computer and his experiments and a whole wall of shelves for his books. Personally I would load the rooms up with educational materials, but then I’d score 0, but at least I spread the word about learning.

I think that the graffiti guy had second thoughts about being on TV. I wonder what people are thinking when they see these teams walking around shops being followed by a camera.

Captain “Sarah” was born a man and chooses to live as a female (I read it somewhere).

4 Shellbot { 05.22.14 at 10:53 am }

Captain ‘Sarah’ was the most wtf moment I’ve seen for a while but Lisa seemed to believe it…

Ryan is really cementing himself as the pest, isn’t he? gloating to the other teams about how good he is, purposefully not being helpful to the other teams and just generally being annoying to Candy with his jump/kiss/hug combo he seems to love, my reaction would be similar to Candy’s get off me! face

None of the kids rooms seem like good ideas, just trips to the emergency room waiting to happen (except the girl one from what I can tell)

Carole was hilarious tonight though, buying the fan anyway and being confused about 2 or 3 colours but as soon as Bomber says it is 3 she understands :p

5 Veronicali { 05.22.14 at 10:56 am }

Brooke will be thrilled to have 6 boys rampaging around their bedrooms – NOT. Take that stuff outside.
The dwarf-size climbing wall is now a mere decoration.
Rope and monkey bars accessed from the top bunk = ambulance on speed dial. Those bunks looked very small too, in a few short years they’ll need to be taken off the wall and replaced with teen-sized beds. That is the sort of hassle Brooke and Grant hoped to avoid with their ‘kids grow up’ reminder.
Graffiti in a bedroom for 6/7 year olds? Inappropriate.
Rusty car doors as bedheads? = sore heads and rust stains on the bedlinen.

No more pranks, pls! More Captain Sarah, pls!

6 techhater { 05.22.14 at 11:36 am }

Colleen@3 Thanks for that, Desi just gave me a big “I TOLD YOU SO!!!!”

Sometimes I’m so naiive 😳

Here’s the link; http://www.abc.net.au/austory/transcripts/s679166.htm

7 Fiona { 05.22.14 at 12:01 pm }

Did anyone else catch the comment that Grant made? Brooke and Grant were saying that bomber and Mel out of all the the teams were the only ones that would get the house rules right and if they did they would get a 6…. Looks like to Teams Snow White a 6=10. I think we all know that they will score the other teams with 3 and 4’s.

8 all happening { 05.22.14 at 12:01 pm }

My hubby and I looked at each other and said ..wow, that was a woman? Now I understand. Those bedrooms are scary. The kids will all need a psychologist not just from Brooke being there now. I am confused about where the Ryan and Candy’s zone finishes and Lloyd and Mads starts. What is wrong with tiles around fire as long as it fits with flooring in the rest of the house. I though Bomber and Mel organised the flooring but sounds like that bombed as they are now talking carpet. Did I miss something?

9 Andrea { 05.22.14 at 12:07 pm }

Well, I reckon Brooke and Grant will be doing a lot of re decorating.
The boys need to wind down in their rooms, not be over stimulated, and they will grow up pretty quickly.
I’d go with a theme of cars or whatever they like, put two beds in each room, give them a desk, computer and plenty of storage space.
The novelty of those rooms will soon wear thin.
This designer with her over the top ideas is wrong in my opinion.
Build an adventure playground outside so the kids can play to their hearts content.
The girl’s room might be okay, she will like a princess room all to herself.
The pranks are annoying me, now its the Tasmanian Devil vs the possum from last year, they take it too far and need to just get on with the job.

10 annajjj { 05.22.14 at 12:24 pm }

Fiona I heard that too and I reckon you are right. We can expect some pretty average scoring going on even if they do like the renovation. Not sure there is too much chance of that though!

11 Brad { 05.22.14 at 12:30 pm }

I’d bet my left testicle that the pranks are decided by the producers just to keep the bogan viewer amused. In all of these “reno” shows there seems to be one couple that is SO funny they would make Oscar Wilde blush (not!).

12 Kat { 05.22.14 at 12:47 pm }

Did anyone else absolute crack up when Russell picked up the pile of wood to take outside and tripped and they crossed to Carole and she was rolling her eyes?

13 Techhater { 05.22.14 at 12:52 pm }

Kat SNAP 😈 All of us were p*ssing ourselves.

Poor Gapper. :roll:

14 cuisinaire { 05.22.14 at 12:54 pm }

Andrea @9 Absolutely! In the blink of an eye, the children will be teens and need study space and storage for clothes and “stuff”. Beds for growing bodies would be a better investment in a “win” than inappropriate paint jobs and “Mickey Mouse” jungle gym equipment. Are R&C still putting a TV in a bedroom? Again inappropriate & not destined to win votes from the homeowners. There are so many appalling decisions, from the advice of the interior designer, the division of “wet” areas, duplication of dining tables, complete lack of awareness of growing children’s needs. Did the contestants even look at the children’s toys, books for ideas of inexpensive decorating to jazz up solid & functional bedrooms. Hopefully B & G will appreciate the new “shell” and be content to refurnish as they are able. Externally, it looked like a sweet cottage for its era.

15 Techhater { 05.22.14 at 1:01 pm }

I’d like to know all the teams can get rustic, country farmhouse wrong. This does not equate to rusty, 2nd hand, graffiti nightmare etc. We can only hope they learn how to google before the reveal.

16 brain dead dave { 05.22.14 at 1:11 pm }

The teams have confused rustic for crustic and farmhouse for harmhouse.

It couldn’t happen to a nicer couple.

Touch of class not to include the prank wank in your recap, annajjj. Iggy should be more concerned with the wild animal he’s sharing the tent with.

17 Agent 86 { 05.22.14 at 1:13 pm }

@ Andrea – I agree. The primary consideration for the childrens’ rooms should be beds (ideally with a spare bed in case they want a sleep-over), lots of storage (including toy-boxes, bookshelves, drawers and cupboard) and practical desks. The teams can then indulge in the “fantasy” with easily replaceable artwork, bed spreads and other soft furnishings. It wouldn’t be that hard to “theme” each of the rooms with the chosen wall colour, artwork, bedding, etc.

I’m also surprised that for each of the shared bedrooms, no team seems to be interested in giving each child their own individual “zone”. I would have thought it would be important, especially as they grow older. They should feel as though they have their own space, even if it’s a shared room.

18 Techhater { 05.22.14 at 1:13 pm }

BDD 😆

19 Raida { 05.22.14 at 1:14 pm }

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is hwy you don’t go and say you want a theme in a kids bedroom.
Guess what? if anyone’s gonna pick the theme well – it’s the kids.
Otherwise you get space wasted with crap like trying to get physical activites squeezed out of a shared bedroom.

they can climb outside, they can run outside – inside they need homework space, storage spage, space to have a couple friends in there. two people worth of space per room!

would it have been so hard to just put one wall with a full size superhero decal, add good linen, and leave it at that?

20 brain dead dave { 05.22.14 at 1:20 pm }

A dart board with Rolf Harris’ image on it wouldn’t have gone astray.

21 Agent 86 { 05.22.14 at 1:20 pm }

@ all happening – It’s confusing, but apparently the resident builder didn’t tell the teams until 3/4 days into the build that they couldn’t lay tiles in the “extension” because the concrete still needs to shrink.

Maddi and Lloyd needed to install tiles for their too small and oddly placed fireplace, but have apparently now decided to simply use cement sheeting which is equally fireproof? I have no idea what the other teams with rooms in the “extension” are planning.

I thought the kitchen, laundry and other bathroom were all part of the extended area. If they can’t install tiles, then I do wonder what everyone is going to put on the floors. Perhaps timber-look laminate flooring?

22 Techhater { 05.22.14 at 1:21 pm }

And trundle beds are the perfect solution for kids. Nothing can get chucked, lost or hidden under beds and perfect for sleepovers AND cleaning.

23 jec { 05.22.14 at 1:23 pm }

Cuisinaire, there is going to be a TV put in that room. I think it would be because there was a TV in one of the bedrooms, I think the one with the three single beds but I could be wrong.
A princess/pink theme is okay for now (especially compared to the other rooms) but the little girl will grow bigger (like Brooke said) and it’s no longer appropriate. Like many of you have said, they should only use accessories & bedding to give the room a theme.

24 Techhater { 05.22.14 at 1:31 pm }

As i said on the other thread, kids that age DON,T need a tv in their bedroom.

25 Gabby { 05.22.14 at 1:39 pm }

Veronicali @5 I agree with you about the size of the so called floating beds or as we would call them bunks, they are so small. Look suitable for six year olds. Will soon be grown out of. Little ladder going up to top floater. They will definitely have to be got rid of in a couple of years if not sooner.
There has been no forward planning in to these rooms. They deserve low scores.
The pranks are a pain in the backside and Ryan is not as funny as he likes to think he is.
I’m with you a.h. I am confused about flooring, I thought Bom had it in the bag, doesn’t look that way.

26 all happening { 05.22.14 at 2:10 pm }

Agent86, yeah I knew they couldn’t lay tiles directly onto the slab but they could on the cement sheet. In fact it is recommended that it is laid that way so I am told by a tiler friend. i suspect the same applies to the floor where floor boards are meant to be going. Couldn’t cement sheet just be layed over all new cement?
Children’s rooms need to be calming and have space for storage and homework. Blame B&G for saying ‘fantasy’ rooms for the kids. I can see big fights over TV in only one br. Should be none.

27 Raida { 05.22.14 at 2:38 pm }

I think for the bedrooms they should be going with the design style used last year for the teenage boy’s room – the judges thought it looked oh no like a grown up’s room. the teenager? well hell he loved it, it was an adult’s room, tv, gaming, big bed. masculine and not at all silly.

the kids can entertain themselves – do a basic room, muted colours, as much storage and practicality as possible, and after you’ve confirmed you can do that then and only then do you say hey how about a bedhead that looks like a horse!

and Fantasty – that’s not necessarily a theme, that’s possible to mean “best possible” so high-quality (dunno about the budgets) furniture?

28 Raida { 05.22.14 at 2:40 pm }

Tell you what I hope for this reveal (and I’m now up to three houses worth of wtf-ness I feel I am owed) I hope the girl goes into a pink, glittery room and rolls her eyes. no tantrums, just a big sigh and say something about maybe I don’t want to be a princess.

I would LOVE that.

29 Eliza { 05.22.14 at 3:24 pm }

^^Oh my gosh, I would LOVE it too if the little girl hates pink! It is so bright. Like everyone else, muted colours can still look great for kids rooms and use easily replaced accessories to form the ‘fantasy’. Heck, as someone else said, I think that these bedrooms, even if they were plain, would be fantasy for these kids with so many of them in one room before.

I think I have repeated myself multiple times now about the stupidity of the monkey bars, rock climbing wall, etc and how unsafe they will be and probably pull the house down. Unfortunately on this show they are all about the WOW (how horrible and stupid is this) factor rather than the WOW (this is great and practical) factor. I hope that Caroline hates herself for the terrible advice she is giving the contestants about pushing the boundaries. They keep saying that they want to make B&G really happy.. more like they want to keep their own asses in the competition. I was shocked by Mel’s comments about the climbing wall.. goes to show that impracticality (and blatant lack of safety) wins the day on this show. Seriously makes me miss The Block at times! These kids rooms are going to be LAME!

I am still suss on who really creates the House Rules. We were discussing this on another thread and they definitely seem to be manipulated by the producers to create confusion and drama.

Yep, the Tassie Devil prank is the possum from last year mark 2. Ryan seems to be really hyper.

30 kess { 05.22.14 at 3:32 pm }

You have been selected for a TV reno show – so what homework did you do?
Research different styles, of course; colour trends; new products; Aussie suppliers.
And do a lot of mapping and shopping research for every State.

Here is a tip – research where the arts schools are, and design schools.
You can pick up great pieces from art schools, and artists.

Tassie has an abundance of marine gear suppliers/shops, fisheries shops etc. Rope is available like that at a lot of places.

This lot are trying to kill the Tassie kids – hanging ropes for hanging kids.

31 PoRk ChOp { 05.22.14 at 4:30 pm }

AH @26…yes, that cement board is always used for laying tiles, unless the tiles are going straight onto the cured cement.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the “We Deserve To Win Tasmanians,” don’t already know about the “secret extension.” Surveyors, Council etc would have had to suss it all out, plus there would have been some sort of Heritage order raised.

It will be interesting to see if all of the teams doing the dwarve’s rooms, end up organising those mini beds.

32 Smythe { 05.22.14 at 4:45 pm }

Check out these added attractions for kids (or kids in adult bodies):

The only kid’s bedroom that might actually work would be the girl’s princess room. However, not all girls like pink…very stereotypical assumption. Fantasy room does not mean gym room or climbing room. There are so many other things that they could do with these rooms. As well as being on the small side the floating beds look terrible. Headboards made from rusty car doors….not comfortable and not fantasy. Weren’t there cards about each kid left for the teams? Thought the cards told a little bit about each one but doesn’t seem as if the teams are necessarily using the information on the cards.

The Tasmanian devil prank was stupid, just a bunch of filler and a waste of time.

33 daisy { 05.22.14 at 6:16 pm }

Smythe I have an artist friend who has a kids’ swing in the middle of her house and it looks really good but the house is rustic with lots of timber and the swing really goes.
Also I have stayed in places in India with large indoor swings for adults and they are really nice for lounging.
But I would pass on the slide.

34 Eliza { 05.23.14 at 12:06 am }

Smythe, I can’t believe (well, I kinda can) that people actually have rock climbing walls. I didn’t see any drop mats on at least one of those. The one that goes up to the next level.. crazy! Those slides look pretty fun but wow, the dedication to have these in your house.

35 Smythe { 05.23.14 at 12:37 am }

There are several websites dedicated to home rock climbing walls and also lots of webpages with in instructions on how to build one. The slides look like fun but I really do wonder about how safe they are. I did notice, too, the lack of drop mats and that is definitely a safety concern, although mats may have been removed for the photos.

Wasn’t it The Block or it may have been last season’s HR (don’t remember) where one couple used swings as side tables? Did not go over great w/ the judges if I remember correctly.

I’ve had swings and toys hanging from the ceiling for my birds but finally took all that down because they kept falling off.

36 daisy { 05.23.14 at 12:58 am }

Smythe I love birds. We just enjoy them in the wild these days, but pink and greys are one of my favourites. You need lots of time for them though. Ours was a beauty.

37 Eliza { 05.23.14 at 1:01 am }

The swing side tables ring a bell, but I can’t remember which show either. I guess to have the dedication to have something like that in your house you’d have to really love it.

Well, maybe they have been using Google after all.. Must not be checking in enough on the latest indoor adventure crazes for houses.

I remember going indoor rock climbing in high school for a friend’s birthday.. I hated it bc I was pretty much secluded to the warm up/kids walls due to being so short. It wasn’t easy for my stubby legs.

38 Eliza { 05.23.14 at 1:05 am }

I have never had a bird.. probably because we have always had cats. I saw some really interesting ones in the zoos in Hong Kong and Japan. I cannot believe though that I had not heard about the owl cafes in Japan though! I LOVE OWLS!!!!!!! I would have died.

I have tried to catch a pair of wrens from our backyard but I think they are on to me :( they are so darn cute. As you cannot tell through text, I will clarify that I would never actually really try catch them haha.

39 daisy { 05.23.14 at 1:26 am }

We have a bush/garden so there are all kinds of birds here.

40 Eliza { 05.23.14 at 1:52 am }

Nice, Daisy.

We get Indian Minors (evil), those other birds that look like them but like the flower nectar.. oh Noisy Minors (evil).. this is making it sound bad. We also get lots of wrens and sometimes Rosellas flying around and on odd occasions a couple of black-faced cuckoo-shrieks which I had never seen before but are supposedly quite common. We used to always have this pair of doves come to our yard until one day years ago.. when we turned out back for one moment.. and my sweet little princess here got one of them! I was so mad at her.. so then we had ‘lone dove’ for quite some time. It broke my heart. Pretty sure we saw it again with a new friend :) This was one of the 3 birds she has ever got her paws on.. the other 2 were pests so it wasn’t too bad. Our old cat just simply looks at them and goes.. meh..

We don’t get a large variety. My dad likes photography birds. He lives on a property in some bush land so gets some interesting ones.

41 daisy { 05.23.14 at 2:06 am }

We are the home of the red-capped parrot, and weget kookaburras,
All kinds of beautiful coloured parrots, different kinds of cockies, including sometimes the destructive black ones, maggies, wrens, wagtails, honeysuckers and lots of tiny birds. Oh and owls and some different varieties of doves. No mudlarks thank goodness.
Occasionally crows but I like their sound. It holds good chikdhood memories of shacking out in the bush with lovely grandparents.

42 Lily { 05.23.14 at 7:02 am }

Mel should head over to Better Homes & Gardens where Rob has already built a rock climbing wall, admittedly not in a bedroom:

They could also find any number of ideas for bedrooms from BH&G, some good.

43 Smythe { 05.23.14 at 8:16 am }

I have two cockatoos. They are both very intelligent but crazy. :-)
Have a few other parrots, too, and a sparrow who I found on the ground and I raised him from a baby. Was rejected by mom & dad or fell from the nest. Was injured from the fall but he has done very well for himself. :-)

Eliza, so were there live owls in the cafe?

Daisy, did you have a Galah?

44 Eliza { 05.23.14 at 3:01 pm }

Oh yeah I forgot the cockatoos but they don’t come to my house. Once at my friend’s house in the next suburb over last year we were feeding about 20 biscuits hehe they loved it but we shouldn’t encourage them! Lots of crows and I often see kookaburras at the sport reserve around the corner. We have TONNES of magpies here too but luckily they are incredibly friendly.. for magpies. Oh yep, wouldn’t mind stealing a willy way tail too!

Yep, Smythe, they have live owl cafes now in Japan too.

45 brussellsprout { 05.24.14 at 5:52 pm }

pranks=no
child bedrooms = ghastly
understanding of rustic = nonexistent
my concern about the family reaction = not possible to be glimpsed by a particle accelerator.

The family that give a headsup about their children where the most frequently used adjective is “stubborn” totally deserve idiotic “fantasy” rooms. IMO!

46 Trish { 05.24.14 at 7:46 pm }

….luv it brain dead Dave. Has everyone forgotten practicality….I hope those ‘RUSTY’ car doors don’t make it inside. Whatbismwrong with these people…….would they put these colours in their homes…might b nice for a week.
Carole is up to no good again……changing the floor coverings to carpet. Bedrooms r very difficult to Reno in this type of competition…not much scope. Absolutely ridiculous what these teams are installing in these rooms. What happened to dinosaur or car themes for little boys. Wall stickers, bean bags for reading corner, creatively shaped clothes hampers etc and themed curtains, bed spreads and mats.
These childen have ample country for playing…..itmwould have been different I these things were made into functionality…..like a hanging component etc. No way would I have ropes hanging in any childs room…out of sight of adults supervision.
Did anyone notice the new painting application created by Lisa…..brush on and then rub in…….but Lisa now claims that she paints very well….OMG.
R Mattie and Lloyd going to put tiles on the flooring they’re putting down.
Once again absolutely disgusting production management by not instructing the teams abt certain timelines. This was also shown when they made the teams carry all the materials up Russels hill……wot r those things they use these days…..cranes.????
Production management needs to get their act together to ensure everything is coordinated. The teams dont care….they’re just focussed on earning points.
Do u think any of these impractical things can b returned eg the laundry cupboards in Candys home? Surely management must have some arrangements with the suppliers.

47 Trish { 05.24.14 at 7:49 pm }

….luv it brain dead Dave. Has everyone forgotten practicality….I hope those ‘RUSTY’ car doors don’t make it inside. What is wrong with these people…….would they put these colours in their homes…might b nice for a week.
These childen have ample country for playing…..it would have been different If these things were made into functional items…..like a hanging component etc. No way would I have ropes hanging in any childs room…out of sight of adults supervision.
R Mattie and Lloyd going to put tiles on the flooring they’re putting down.

48 Trish { 05.25.14 at 7:42 pm }

OMG Lisa is soooo in denial….she still thinks her painting is good. Love the cutting in technique…..2 1/2 hrs to paint a purple wall???? It only took Adam 10mins to cover it up. The wrong flooring scenario…..amazing how they didn’t have enough then all of a sudden they did?????sounds like a producer’s setup to create bedlam. Go MEL we can count on u to sort it out.
help me out here…..don’t u use timber in a country kitchen.
Did I hear right….Carole admitted that it was her fault that the bedroom lamp switches were put in the wrong place even though she was reminded of the situation 2 days prior…..OMG I feel so sorry for Russ…u can c how stressed he is already as he tries to catch his timber thief. Another producers prank….the other guys have ordered theirs so where have they been placed…so predictable.
Luv the timber in the foyer…coat rack and seat. The green walls surprisingly looks nice. Not sure abt it being married with stark white though.
poor old Bomber has got a bad back so marvelous MEL has to do the man stuff…..dump him Mel.
Onya Chester….last minute instructions for the floating beds.
U watch…..Brooke and Grante will b delivering 2s and 3s so they can recover a higher position.

49 Fijane { 05.26.14 at 8:23 am }

Trish, glad you commented about the stark white. Rustic country only uses white if it is the only colour, such as with distressed furniture. That sage green needs some sort of cream. Adam and LIsa bedroom looks so wrong because they have used modern colours, and when you look through their room to the green in the lounge it looks really bad.