Project Runway – Season Two – Finale

The best person won Season 2 of Project Runway Australia. Anthony’s collection was amazing, unfortunately the detail and the impact it had on the audience at the finale did not come across on the TV screen. It was haunting, and created many emotions, both positive and negative, as it was paraded on the catwalk. I am still not sure how I feel about the blue rose covering the woman’s mouth.

William’s was the other standout collection of the night, with those beautiful colours and prints, and he had some amazing pieces. As we all know his father died a few weeks prior to the finale, and I wonder how much of an impact that had on his collection, as it would have been hard to remain focused.

Lauren’s collection actually came across better on TV, as close up it looked like there were some bad finishes on it. But tonight’s episode explained that as it appears she made some new pieces. Thank christ she killed of the orange animal hide dress – who would look good in that fabric and/or that colour?

Speaking of orange, what was Kristy Hinze’s orange J’Aton dress with the Sonya McMahon split up side like? I thought had a touch of the drag queen’s about it. If there is a Season 3 I would advise her to change her stylist as the gold sequin number she wore the next day to announce the winner was not great either.

Anthony also took out the Rosemount Wine label party dress challenge with his coral silk party dress. It was stunning and original. I thought at one stage Lauren’s white micro mini, which one of the judges Gail Elliott said  it was the most wearable. Yes Gail if you are a former model like you.

It has not been announced whether there is going to be a season three of this very entertaining and high quality reality TV show, as apparently the ratings had dropped from last year. If they don’t renew it I hope Foxtel find another show for Henry Roth to star in as he is a great presence on the screen.

Related Posts

1 Sooty { 09.17.09 at 8:08 am }

RR- thanks for that information about the differences in tv and seeing it first hand. I wanted William to win so badly, and then seeing the collections on tv I thought Lauren might well win – Anthony had seemed a shoe-in from the time of the visit by Henry Roth, and was deservedly the winner in terms of vavoom factor – but I do think if they’d had Paula Joye(?) from Madison as the judge with most clout this year (as opposed to bringing in Simon Locke) she’d have vetoed Anthony. Just think! She was all ‘you put men’s clothes on the runway, mmm, not sure of the commercial viability of that’ to Leigh last year – and here’s Anthony with men wearing frocks, heh heh. Aghast!

2 CollsBolls { 09.17.09 at 1:43 pm }

I’m glad you said that it was Lauren’s collection that didn’t look good live. I thought her collection looked very good on TV and was worried then that it was William’s that was sub standard.
I had missed the first 1/2 hour of the show and was very confused as to how and why Lauren’s collection didn’t include any of the materials I had remembered from last week. I got to catch the first 1/2 hour later on Arena+2 and had an AHA! moment.

I can’t say that I liked much of Anthony’s but hadn’t really expected to although I will admit that he was the best and most out there designer. I HATED the flower in the mouth bit.

Is it just me or does the new fashion show starting next Wednesday just seem a replica of Project Runway? I expect to watch it though, I do love these shows!!

3 Injera { 09.17.09 at 5:04 pm }

Lauren’s came up SO much better on TV than it did on the runway, but I think she erred on the side of “sameness” following Simon’s critique. (It was such fun to see the show, RR!)

Loved William’s collection but can’t understand why he put the jacket on his final dress. As the judges said, it didn’t need it. I was also not convinced by that mustardy coloured coat.

Colls Bolls – that flower freaked me out and continues to do so. Love Anthony’s work, but I can’t figure out what he meant with the gag, and it bothers me that he mightn’t have a reason beyond “shock”.

4 charades { 09.17.09 at 7:05 pm }

I am so over black !
I also wanted William to win …….. the most flattering dresses for females …. not androgenous outfits. I did love the work of Anthony and Lauren as well …………. but Williams was better.

5 Reality Raver { 09.17.09 at 10:09 pm }

Coll Bolls – The new fashion show is one Bravo made after they lost Project Runway to Lifetime.
William’s collection was fabulous, and I hope he starts his own fashion label.

6 CG { 09.18.09 at 11:56 pm }

Even on TV it was pretty obvious to me that Lauren was well behind Anthony and William. Surpised they went with Anthony in the end as the winner, but in part I think it may have been to contrast the choice of sweet Julie in Season 1.

Some other observations: Kristie didn’t stand out much in her red gown at the final show!? And I just read somewhere (maybe here?) that Kristie didn’t graduate high school and only got her equivalency diploma last year? Hmmm, wasn’t her grandfather a minister in the Queensland government…how come she wouldn’t have had the access/motivation/parental pressure to at least finish high school? I have noticed that some of her grammar and pronunciation has been “off” from time to time.

7 Reality Raver { 09.19.09 at 12:07 am }

CG – Her grandfather the notorious Russ Hinze was the Minister for “Everthing”. But I don’t think he was an educated man. He originally was a dairy farmer. He was named in the Fitzgerald Inquiry as corrupt.

Kristy started modelling at a young age. I am not sure why she bothered doing her HSC as at her age she should have been able to get into uni as a mature age student.