Beauty And The Geek – Fun But Not Much Reality In It

Can they stop casting air stewardesses as beauties in these shows as it does not make me want to fly. Jessica is a prime example of this when she could not work out a three letter word using the letter C, O and T! Seriously what she be like in a mid-air emergency.

Hopefully her she is faking her dumbness, which would not be a surprise as I suspect there a few geeks there faking their geekness. Hellloooo Rich. Also it looks like the retro stores in the inner city suburbs have been raided yet again for their outfits. The hipsters in these neighbourhood won’t be happy!

This show is always enjoyable if not taken too seriously and most of the cast are likeable though some are duller than others.

Jessica revealed her spelling prowess in the first challenge where the girls had word challenge. However those canny producers made sure the girls were in bikinis and searching through sticky fluid and feathers to find those letters. Bre and Oliver won when she was the first to make a five letter word.

Rich has a crush with Greta and asked her for a hang out. He sent her a letter but was worried she would not turn up, however he should have known the producers would be shoving her threw the door. In fact he sealed the deal and got a snog. Do you think there is a bonus in their contract if they snog a beauty or a geek in the house?

Also it is not a bad strategy as a potential romance will keep you longer in the house. Note neither of those teams were nominated tonight.

The geeks had to style and shoot their beauty in lingerie for their challenge.

Kristy was having a hard time getting sultry. She looked great in her lingerie but hid it all under a feather boa and cushion and gave a girl next door smile. Jason seriously must have been muttering in his head “Down boy”.

The winner of the photoshoot challenge judged by Brynne Edelsten (nice cross promotion),  was Dane and Alin. He looked shocked but this meant they were safe from elimination.

As per previous years the winners of the challenges have to nominate. Bre and Oliver nominated Courtney and Matt, and Dane and Alin nominated Kristy and Jason. In the end after some inane questions and a tie-breaker Matt and Courtney were eliminated.

1 Michael { 04.22.14 at 6:49 am }

Honestly don’t know about that one. I think if it is essential to your image they want to present than they would almost certainly allow it, but they do have restrictions on visible brand names etc. A guy in my season wrote his scouts uniform and I believe Scouts Australia weren’t too happy about being portrayed as geeky, but I doubt Star Wars would have the same issue. Just wear it to the audition anyway, the production team would definitely advise you if they then want you to wear it on show

2 Sandii { 04.22.14 at 7:06 am }

Good luck Rick, let us know how you go. We will keep fingers crossed for you.

3 Rick { 04.25.14 at 11:12 pm }

Thanks guys, I’ll try my best :)

4 Rick { 04.28.14 at 12:02 am }

Michael, I just finished watching season 2 on youtube, I’m happy you won, you seem like a nice guy. Did anything ever eventuate between you and Tamika? Sorry, just had to ask haha

5 Michael { 04.28.14 at 7:10 am }

Not really we caught up a few times, but one living apart things died off pretty quickly. It was fun while it lasted. And in most cases this is what happens withgeek beauty hookups when the show ends (S3 Lachlan and Jordan was the exception). So if you do get on, and do hook up with a beauty, I would advise to enjoy it while you can but not to get overly attached. In my case and many others just that experience will greatly improve your confidence and that in turn increases your prospects for future real world romance. After Tamika I dated a girl who was a much better match for me for 20 months!

6 Rick { 05.10.14 at 12:13 am }

Michael – Yeah I thought that might be the case, about the beauty’s being a bit fake etc, a friend of a friend of my sister was a beauty on the first season, and she wasn’t stupid at all, well no where near as she was portrayed in the show, but its entertainment that’s important at the end of the day I suppose.

Congrats on the dating going better for you after the show.

I still don’t know my audition date, but the email stated they wouldn’t get in touch until late this month. I’m excited for the audition, but more excited to be on the show…touch wood.
What kind of questions did they ask you at the audition?

7 Rick { 06.12.14 at 10:51 am }

Just a quick bump on this thread, I had my audition… didn’t get in, was too cool apparently…
Now I am going to seem like a bad sport here, but I can tell you first hand, the guys that got through to the short list were self confessed actors, I’m crying foul here, just my 2 cents, but as soon as the guys who were actors mentioned that fact, the production guys eyes lit up… and talk about an arrogant guy, wow. Anyway, past seasons (1-3) may have been the real deal, but now it’s definitely a farce, something most people with a decent IQ would already know, but just putting it out there from first hand experience.

8 Izobel2 { 06.12.14 at 11:06 am }

Thanks for the info Rick, really sorry you didn’t get in…

I’ve seen all BATG seasons and a lot of US seasons, and the actors are quite easy to spot. It’s like the geeks are a bit too over the top and the beauties (and the beauty term is somewhat thrown around loosely) are over the top ‘dumb’.
In saying that, I find BATG very entertaining, and not to be taken seriously at all. Just a bit of Thursday night fun!
Shout out to Michael Price above, glad things are going well for you.

What show will you try out for now Rick, seeing as you’re so cool?
Big Brother needs some cool dudes!

9 Michael { 06.12.14 at 1:12 pm }

If their eyes lit up at an arrogant guy, they might have found a baddie for the year… If so, don’t be worried about not being them. Read about what happened to the MKR baddies after the show, it’s not funhaving the public turn against you

10 Rick { 06.12.14 at 5:11 pm }

My post was intended just as an insight from my experience, definitely not to take away any enjoyment of the viewers of the show, just wanted to verify that :)

Izobel2 – Thanks heaps for your comment :)
Haha, I can’t say I walked away feeling rejected for being too cool for batg, I must admit when I got home I shaved my beard to a light stubble, got a haircut like I used to and went to the gym… maybe they were right haha.
Big brother might be a bit out of my league, I’m still a geek after all :p

Michael – Hey man, sorry for my bad phrasing, I meant the production guy was arrogant…but that’s to be expected, he turned his nose up when I said I’d only watched seasons 1-3, I think that’s when they changed production companies.
His eyes lit up when the guys said they were actors.
Anyway, it was cool to try to be on a tv show, now I’m going to have to find a way of being in a house with 8 beautiful women without it haha