Cassi and Tahnee in Australia’s Next Top Model Final

cassi and tahnee

In a controversial move by Australian Next Top Model  judges Clare Venema did not make it into the final two of the show.

Cassi Van Den Dungen aka the boganista, and  Tahnee Atkinson will be in the live finale.

Clare who won the first challenge of last night show, which was best performance at Rosemount Fashion Week, was surprisingly eliminated. I thought this was surprising considering she was chosen to walk in four shows.

All the girls are stunning and I do think Tahnee is delectable, however will she make it as a top model? I would have loved to have seen more of the discussion behind the judges decision. I think Sarah Murdoch picked Tahnee due to her more voluptuous figure as this sits well with her role as head of the Body Image committee she is on.

1 Anonymous { 07.01.09 at 3:36 pm }

Sarah needs to change the name of her show, depending on which two of these girls win.

Suggestions:

Sarah’s Next Favoured Model
Australia’s Next Plus-Size Model
Australia’s Next Commerical Model
Australia’s Next Bully
Australia’s Next Can’t-Walk-Unprofessional-Busted-Teeth Model

I bet Vogue is breathing a huge sigh of relief that they jumped ship. What a mess.

2 Jacqui { 07.01.09 at 4:23 pm }

I really hope that Tahnee wins, will be really annoyed if Cassi wins!

3 Lucie { 07.01.09 at 5:10 pm }

OMG I am so disappointed that Clare is not in the top two with Tahnee. How on earth can they think that Cassie could represent Australia in any fashion capital other that Boganville. For god sake the winner has to go to New York!!!For some reason they are choosing to look past, bad walk, bad teeth, bad attitude, bad role model (smoking,drinking). Sarah has been biased toward Clare from the get go. So I knew she would leave last night. It all made sense when she said of Clare “I was never like that as a 16 year old” Jealous get those claws back in Sarah. If Vogue were still involved Clare would be also. Wrong Wrong Wrong! Go Tahnee you are beautiful

4 jessi { 07.01.09 at 7:46 pm }

i really think tahanee should win cassie is an imiture bitch that need to grow up and make up her desisions because one minute she wants to go and the next she doesnt. Tahnee has more of the look, i really think she needs and deserves to win!!!
GO TAHNEE !!!!!!

5 CG { 07.01.09 at 7:57 pm }

Agree, Tahanee is Murdoch’s fave and why she got thru (not last night so much but all the way along). Sarah’s thinking is clearly being influenced by her role on the body image committee and soem flack she took earlier in the year when some of the other judges made a lot of “size” comments and Sarah didn’t say anything.

I may be in the minority but I didn’t like Clare. She was/is quite a nasty piece of work and while she has this overall Cate Blanchette-esque waif look, she is not a beauty. That said, while I don’t like Cassi much, I don’t think being a role model should be a criteria.

Of the two, I guess I’d like to see Tahnee win. I don’t like how Sarah’s is manipulating the outcome but at the same time, I don’t think it would be bad for a more voluptuous girl to make it through even if her work is more focused / limited. One of the issues is that Tahnee is NOT plus-sized but she is more curvy and voluptuous than is the high fashion model norm. Her winning will send a needed message to young girls. But I do recognise it is straying from the purported objective of the show (“top model”).

This year’s field was so strong compared to last year’s. Any of the top 4 or 5 could have won and done well.

6 Anonymous { 07.01.09 at 9:55 pm }

Tahnee can’t fit into the sample sizes. She is not a plus-size girl, but she would be a plus size model.

How exactly was Clare a nasty piece of work? Really, I don’t see that at all. I think her, Adele, and Laura M were the least bitchy girls there. And Clare was bullied and picked on and sent to hospital throughout the series, but you don’t hear about that.

7 CG { 07.01.09 at 10:34 pm }

Anon, Clare’s comments during her last appearance show the underlying nastiness… She is very, very smart…no doubt about it. And she put on a good show in front of the judges and the clients, etc. However, I give Sarah credit for seeing through this. All contrived. She is a nasty piece of work at the core.

8 Anonymous { 07.01.09 at 10:39 pm }

Hmm, I still disagree. I think a lot of the nastiness was prompted by the off-screen interviewer, and also just by being treated like shit by Cassi et al for the entire time she was there. It was like Clare finally had enough. I don’t blame her for a little bit of snippiness.

9 also anonymous { 07.02.09 at 2:10 am }

Clare has manipulated the audience into the sympathy vote. Her shrewd negative comments – with a hint of a smile – do not fool those of us who have been fooled by her type before. Read the exit interviews – almost all have commented Cassi was not as bad as people think and Clare was the most annoying…. Even Franky ! It appears Clare and/or her family have been flooding the blogs with reminders of Cassi’s poor form from the early episodes to make people dislike Cassi – who Clare perceives her main competition.
Tahnee is a beautiful girl with a great future.
Cassi is a ‘model’ and will also have a great future.
My best wishes to both of them.

10 Anonymous { 07.02.09 at 3:41 am }

^ That’s ridiculous.

11 Belle { 07.03.09 at 3:53 am }

I really don’t think Tahnee was chosen to be in the final two just because Sarah is on the body commitee (I’m not sure what it’s called). I really think she deserves to be in the final because she’s had the most amazing shots throughout and I don’t think anyone can disagree with that. In addition, her walk is really great, and even though she booked the least amount of shows, I think she had the greatest positive impact. Yes, she’s a little bigger than the other girls, but that doesn’t mean she’s at a disadvantage. There are plenty of designers out there who would choose her to walk in their shows, and even more that would book her for a shoot or commercial. I hope Tahnee wins this season and that she shows everyone what she can really do.

12 Reality Raver { 07.03.09 at 8:47 am }

Belle – I think Tahnee body rocks, and both time she wore Alex Perry’s outfits she made them look amazing, particularly on the Queen Mary.

I think all three were amazing. However I think if Clare had won it could have left Sarah Murdoch to criticism about too skinny models etc. I think Clare will have a great career, as will Tahnee. Also I hope Cassi does as well and I don’t think her behaviour should mean she should not be in the top 2. It is about finding the best model in the competition.

13 abcxyz { 07.07.09 at 8:35 pm }

Why oh for the love of god why the hell do they keep letting Cassi through? She has proven to all of Australia week after week that she’s getting worse and worse. Her photos were just getting worse and worse. She has god awful teeth. She SMOKES after all the times she was told not to, and being the bogan she is, she’s going to spend whatever money she gets from modelling on drugs anyway. Seems a tad biased, I know, but it’s true! You cant change a born-and-bred-bogan, raised in the depths of those housing commission slums.
It’s a sad thing that Clare was eliminated. She was doing exceedingly well throughout the entire competition and it almostn seems to me that THAT’S why she was eliminated.
Not a good enough eason judges.
I know Cassi will win. They keep picking her for no good reason. And it will have Sarah critisized about too-skinny models. Cassi’s the boniest one there, and she’ll still win. I know it.
The Australian modeling industry will suffer.

14 Lucie { 07.08.09 at 1:07 pm }

congrats to Tahnee… stunning and deserved to win. The public has spoken!!! The public vote must have been overwhelming to get Tahnee over the line. I can’t believe Alex P voted against Tahnee. And I am loving Charlotte Dawson for her honest comments. She said what most of us were thinking. Tahnee, you will have an amazing career.

15 jakesy { 08.01.09 at 10:01 pm }

OH GOD. I think that everyone should stop being so mean + critical of all the girls, what would you do if you were put in that situation, stuck in a house of girls (of course it will get bitchy) and then having a whole country watching you. What the hell would you do? I wish luck to them all, (and sorry Cassi, but you do really need to fix your teeth)

16 ... { 12.14.09 at 7:16 pm }

the thing is tahnee isnt plus-sized at all and i find it quite an insult to read that she is. what right do any of you have to call her “bigger than most girls” im a size 10 which is thought of to be quite acceptable for a girl my age and height. Tahnee has been one of my good friends for over 10 years and ive always thought of her to be skinny. maybe shes not embarassingly skinny/anorexic like some of the models ive seen but shes real. im embarassed by the critisism shes received, people have no right.

17 Rejoyce Anne { 12.30.10 at 6:21 pm }

i think cassey did a great job in season 5 at the beach !tahnee was like she is like she didn’t trust her self she did but not very much i think in final promo maybe cassey will win i don’t know i’m just thinking tahnee was great model an awesome model but cassey did more well than her but i don’t know whose going to win!!!!GO CASSEY !!!! AND TAHNEE!!!!!i support two of the model!

18 clara mariadass { 12.30.10 at 6:27 pm }

cassey need to fix her TEETH ! But i think maybe Cassey will win at the final promo cause she has personality and she also have the confident to be a great model !About tahnee? she is a great and awesome model i think she has the great body shape but i think so i will go for tahnee she is great model ! cassey she follow the judges instruction but her walk when she walk it’s like she is like get up in morning like that so lazy but tahnee her walking is like so perfect so i will go for TAHNEE !!!!ALL THE BEST TAHNEE!!!